Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Planet X, The Kolbrin & Velikovsky
CaveCritter
I've Seen Them Work!

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Planet X, The Kolbrin & Velikovsky
11-17-2012 2:54 PM

After a quick search, I see no one is talking about these subjects here in this fine forum. I thought maybe I would start this thread and see if there is any interest or theories.

Planet X was a kinda buzz word that the scientific world came up to name a possible undiscovered tenth planet in our solar system. As a planet, it would be in an orbit outside of Pluto (the non-planet). What is feared, is that it has an egg shaped elliptical orbit that causes it to cross the paths of the inner planets. The periodicity is supposedly 3600 years. It is said that this thing creeps in unnoticed, and by the time it is noticed, big events happen on the planet.

I am not an expert on this subject, although I have been looking into it for 10 years. Today I found something quite startling. Take a look at these two videos:

There is a lot of what I consider whacko stuff out there. It is hard to know fact from fiction. I do not go for Zecharia Sitchin's work. His translations have been proven by language experts to be just made up out of whole cloth. So I personally don't put a lot of credence there.

There is a strange book out there that could be bunk as well - The Kolbrin. It may be fiction, but has some of the coolest "accounts" of large planetary bodies passing the earth and the descriptions of what goes on while that happens. Here is an excerpt to give you a taste....

1 The Doomshape, called the Destroyer, in Egypt, was seen in all the lands thereabouts. In colour it was bright and fiery, in appearance changing and unstable. It twisted about itself like a coil, like water bubbling into a pool from an underground supply, and all men agree it was a most fearsome sight. It was not a great comet or a loosened star, being more like a fiery body of flame.

2 Its movements on high were slow, below it swirled in the manner of smoke and it remained close to the sun whose face it hid. There was a bloody redness about it, which changed as it passed along its course. It caused death and destruction in its rising and setting. It swept the Earth with grey cinder rain and caused many plagues, hunger and other evils. It bit the skin of men and beast until they became mottled with sores.

3 The Earth was troubled and shook, the hills and mountains moved and rocked. The dark smoke-filled Heavens bowed over Earth and a great howl came to the ears of living men, borne to them upon the wings of the wind. It was the cry of the Dark Lord, the Master of Dread. Thick clouds of fiery smoke passed before him and there was an awful hail of hot stones and coals of fire. The Doomshape thundered sharply in the Heavens and shot out bright lightings. The channels of water were turned back unto themselves when the land tilted, and great trees were tossed about and snapped like twigs. Then a voice like ten thousand trumpets was heard over the wilderness, and before its burning breath the flames parted. The whole of the land moved and mountains melted. The sky itself roared like ten thousand lions in agony, and bright arrows of blood sped back and forth across its face. Earth swelled up like bread upon the hearth.

4 This was the aspect of the Doomshape called the Destroyer, when it appeared in days long gone by, in olden times. It is thus described in the old records, few of which remain. It is said that when it appears in the Heavens above, Earth splits open from the heat, like a nut roasted before the fire. Then flames shoot up through the surface and leap about like fiery fiends upon black blood. The moisture inside the land is all dried up, the pastures and cultivated places are consumed in flames and they and all trees become white ashes.

5 The Doomshape is like a circling ball of flame which scatters small fiery offspring in its train. It covers about a fifth part of the sky and sends writhing snakelike fingers down to Earth. Before it the sky appears frightened, and it breaks up and scatters away. Midday is no brighter than night. It spawns a host of terrible things. These are things said of the Destroyer in the old records, read them with solemn heart, knowing that the Doomshape has its appointed time and will return. It would be foolish to let them go unheeded. Now men say, "Such things are not destined for our days." May The Great God above grant that this be so. But come, the day surely will, and in accordance with his nature man will be unprepared.

So.....what do you think?

Let me know if you want another taste of the Kolbrin.

Cave

The best thing about women is....there's a new crop every year!

My Journal Out of the Dark to Chase Sunshine

Mind-bending Mesmerizing CaveMones:

Alpha Dream: Glace, AM, LIIK v2, Certo, FB Glace, Light Couplins*
HAX: Wingman XTreme, C4, X22*, Wingman Black Label*
Liquid Alchemy Labs: Possess, Androstadienone 10mg/10ml, Nude Alpha, Wolf*, AV*
Love Potions: Perfect Match, Teddy Man 2
Love-Scent: New Pheromone Additive
Andronics: P130, I. Openness, I. Honesty

*samples
(This post was last modified: 11-17-2012 6:17 PM by CaveCritter.)
11-17-2012 2:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CaveCritter
I've Seen Them Work!

Rep Post

RE: Planet X, The Kolbrin & Velikovsky
11-18-2012 12:59 AM

These videos are of the same eclipse. All three videos of the supposedly same eclipse are tracking the moon across the sun at a different angle. And no sign of Planet X.

beforeitsnews.com/space/2012/11/videos-total-solar-eclipse-australia-nov-13-2012-2449430.html

Any astronomers out there?

*samples
(This post was last modified: 11-18-2012 1:01 AM by CaveCritter.)
11-18-2012 12:59 AM
mark-in-dallas
Nobody at all

Rep Post

11-18-2012 9:09 AM

I'm not an astronomer, but I've read plenty on the fabeled planet or brown dwarf too, and concluded that it's just that, maily for 2 reasons:

1. If it were in fact out there and were now visible, as many recent articles infer,there would be amateur astronomers all of the world seeing it and there would be far more sitings and reports.

2. If NASA had known about it for 30 years, then other agencies and countries would have as well and somebody would have leaked the information.

But, the Mayan's did appear to believe in it and travelled thousands of miles from home to build an something that appears to be an observatory to view it on a specific date.

The older I get the less threatening a life sentence sounds

Sympathy for the Devil only results in victimized angels.
11-18-2012 9:09 AM
CaveCritter
I've Seen Them Work!

Rep Post

11-18-2012 11:38 AM

(11-18-2012 9:09 AM)mark-in-dallas Wrote:  I've read plenty on the fabeled planet

There is another fabled planet that I believe in. Phaeton (sp?) It used to occupy the orbit where the asteroid belt is now. I do NOT believe in failed planetary accretion as the reason for the asteroid belt.

I further think that some large, rogue body has been through our solar system, probably more than once. I would offer the battering of all the planets and moons as evidence that something big has gone down, that affected our whole solar system. (planets upside down, spinning backwards, moons cracking in half and reforming again). Earth has over 200 impact craters, even with all of our erosion, they can still be found.

So I think a Planet X with an elliptical orbit is possible, but not proven.

Velikovsky thought that Venus was once a wandering planet that was captured by the Sun's gravity, and is now a planetary member. The Mayans also based their calendar on the cycles of Venus. I always thought there might be a connection between these planetary interlopers and the Mayan need to track such things with such high precision. They certainly felt it important.

*samples
(This post was last modified: 11-19-2012 12:16 AM by CaveCritter.)
11-18-2012 11:38 AM
CaveCritter
I've Seen Them Work!

Rep Post

11-27-2012 1:18 PM

Here are some more videos that purport to show that there are two suns in the sky.

Also, the second video shows how refractions off of multiple panes of glass can seem to show a second "sun".

The last video has an interesting theory, that I find hard to fathom....the second suns are part of Sagittarius Galaxy according to that poster.

*samples
11-27-2012 1:18 PM

CaveCritter
I've Seen Them Work!

Rep Post

11-28-2012 2:11 PM

If you are interested in this two-sun effect, you can use Wiki to learn about sun dogs. The film in Russia does not appear to be a sun dog.

Here is another excerpt from the Kolbrin:

1 The dark days began with the last visitation of the Destroyer and they were foretold by strange omens in the skies. All men were silent and went about with pale faces.

2 The leaders of the slaves which had built a city to the glory of Thom stirred up unrest, and no man raised his arm against them. They foretold great events of which the people were ignorant and of which the temple seers were not informed.

3 These were days of ominous calm, when the people waited for they knew not what. The presence of an unseen doom was felt, the hearts of men were stricken. Laughter was heard no more and grief and wailing sounded throughout the land. Even the voices of children were stilled and they did not play together, but stood silent.

4 The slaves became bold and insolent and women were the possession of any man. Fear walked the land and women became barren with terror, they could not conceive, and those with child aborted. All men closed up within themselves.

5 The days of stillness were followed by a time when the noise of trumpeting and shrilling was heard in the Heavens, and the people became as frightened beasts without a herdsman, as asses when lions prowl without their fold.

6 The people spoke of the god of the slaves, and reckless men said. "If we knew where this god were to be found, we would sacrifice to him." But the god of the slaves was not among them. He was not to be found within the swamplands or in the brickpits. His manifestation was in the Heavens for all men to see, but they did not see with understanding. Nor would any god listen, for all were dumb because of the hypocrisy of men.

7 The dead were no longer sacred and were thrown into the waters. Those already entombed were neglected and many became exposed. They lay unprotected against the hands of thieves. He who once toiled long in the sun, bearing the yoke himself, now possessed oxen. He who grew no grain now owned a storehouse full. He who once dwelt at ease among his children now thirsted for water. He who once sat in the sun with crumbs and dregs was now bloated with food, he reclined in the shade, his bowls overflowing.

8 Cattle were left unattended to roam into strange pastures, and men ignored their marks and slew the beasts of their neighbours. No man owned anything.

9 The public records were cast forth and destroyed, and no man knew who were slaves and who were masters. The people cried out to the Pharaoh in their distress, but he stopped his ears and acted like a deaf man.

10 There were those who spoke falsely before Pharaoh and had gods hostile towards the land, therefore the people cried out for their blood to appease it. But it was not these strange priests who put strife in the land instead of peace, for one was even of the household of Pharaoh and walked among the people unhampered.

11 Dust and smoke clouds darkened the sky and coloured the waters upon which they fell with a bloody hue. Plague was throughout the land, the river was bloody and blood was everywhere. The water was vile and men's stomachs shrank from drinking. Those who did drink from the river vomited it up, for it was polluted.

12 The dust tore wounds in the skin of man and beast. In the glow of the Destroyer the Earth was filled with redness. Vermin bred and filled the air and face of the Earth with loathsomeness. Wild beasts, afflicted with torments under the lashing sand and ashes, came out of their lairs in the wastelands and caveplaces and stalked the abodes of men. All the tame beasts whimpered and the land was filled with the cries of sheep and moans of cattle.

13 Trees, throughout the land, were destroyed and no herb or fruit was to be found. The face of the land was battered and devastated by a hail of stones which smashed down all that stood in the path of the torrent. They swept down in hot showers, and strange flowing fire ran along the ground in their wake.

14 The fish of the river died in the polluted waters; worms, insects and reptiles sprang up from the Earth in huge numbers. Great gusts of wind brought swarms of locusts which covered the sky. As the Destroyer flung itself through the Heavens, it blew great gusts of cinders across the face of the land. The gloom of a long night spread a dark mantle of blackness which extinguished every ray of light. None knew when it was day and when it was night, for the sun cast no shadow.

15 The darkness was not the clean blackness of night, but a thick darkness in which the breath of men was stopped in their throats. Men gasped in a hot cloud of vapour which enveloped all the land and snuffed out all lamps and fires. Men were benumbed and lay moaning in their beds. None spoke to another or took food, for they were overwhelmed with despair. Ships were sucked away from their moorings and destroyed in great whirlpools. It was a time of undoing.

16 The Earth turned over, as clay spun upon a potter's wheel. The whole land was filled. with uproar from the thunder of the Destroyer overhead and the cry of the people. There as the sound of moaning and lamentation on every side. The Earth spewed up its dead, corpses were cast up out of their resting places and the embalmed were revealed to the sight of all men. Pregnant women miscarried and the seed of men was stopped.

17 The craftsman left his task undone, the potter abandoned his wheel and the carpenter his tools, and they departed to dwell in the marshes. All crafts were neglected and the slaves lured the craftsmen away.

18 The dues of Pharaoh could not be collected, for there was neither wheat nor barley, goose nor fish. The rights of Pharaoh could not be enforced, for the fields of grain and the pastures were destroyed. The highborn and the lowly prayed together that life might come to an end and the turmoil and thundering cease to beat upon their ears. Terror was the companion of men by day and horror their companion by night. Men lost their senses and became mad, they were distracted by frightfulness.

19 On the great night of the Destroyer's wrath, when its terror was at its height, there was a hail of rocks and the Earth heaved as pain rent her bowels. Gates, columns and walls were consumed by fire and the statues of gods were overthrown and broken. People fled outside their dwellings in fear and were slain by the hail. Those who took shelter from the hail were swallowed when the Earth split open.

20 The habitations of men collapsed upon those inside and there was panic on every hand, but the slaves who lived in huts in the reedlands, at the place of pits, were spared. The land burnt like tinder, a man watched upon his rooftops and the Heavens hurled wrath upon him and he died.

21 The land writhed under the wrath of the Destroyer and groaned with the agony of Egypt. It shook itself and the temples and palaces of the nobles were thrown down from their foundations. The highborn ones perished in the midst of the ruins and all the strength of the land was stricken. Even the great one, the first born of Pharaoh, died with the highborn in the midst of the terror and falling stones. The children of princes were cast out into the streets and those who were not cast out died within their abodes.

22 There were nine days of darkness and upheaval, while a tempest raged such as never had been known before.

*samples
11-28-2012 2:11 PM
CaveCritter
I've Seen Them Work!

Rep Post

11-28-2012 7:24 PM

This a short portion of Velikovsky's book. You can read it at Google Scholar.

Worlds In Collision Immanuel Velikovsky
1950 First Edition The Macmillan Company

offered for educational purposes:

CHAPTER 8
Page 153
The Fifty-two Year Period

THE WORKS of Fernando de Alva Ixtlilxochitl, the early Mexican scholar (circa 1568-1648) who was able to read old Mexican texts, preserve the ancient tradition according to which the multiple of fifty-two-year periods played an important role in the recurrence of world catastrophes. He asserts also that only fifty-two years
elapsed between two great catastrophes, each of which terminated a world age.

Now there exists a remarkable fact: the natives of pre-Columbian Mexico expected a new catastrophe at the end of every period of fifty-two years and congregated to await the event. "When the night of this ceremony arrived, all the people were seized with fear and waited in anxiety for what might take place." They were afraid that "it will be the end of the human race and that the darkness of the night may become permanent: the sun may not rise anymore." They watched for the appearance of the planet Venus, and when, on the feared day, no catastrophe occurred, the people of Maya rejoiced. They brought human sacrifices and offered the hearts of prisoners whose chests they opened with knives of flint. On that night, when the fifty-two-year period ended, a great bonfire announced to the fearful crowds that a new period of grace had been granted and a new Venus cycle started.

The period of fifty-two years, regarded by the ancient Mexicans as the interval between two world catastrophes, was definitely related by them to the planet Venus; and this period of Venus was observed by both the Mayas and the Aztecs.

The old Mexican custom of sacrificing to the Morning Star survived in human sacrifices by the Skidi Pawnee of Nebraska in years when the Morning Star "appeared especially bright, or in years when there was a comet in the sky."

What had Venus to do with the catastrophes that brought the world to the brink of destruction? Here is a question that will carry us very far, indeed.

The Birth of Venus

...a part of the tail is retained by the parent comet on its new orbit.

Ancient Mexican records give the order of the occurrences. The sun was attacked by Quetzal-cohuatl; after the disappearance of this serpent-shaped heavenly body, the sun refused to shine, and during four days the world was deprived of its light; a great many people died at that time. Thereafter, the snakelike body transformed itself into a great star. The star retained the name of Quetzal-cohuatl [Quetzal-coati]. This great and brilliant star appeared for the first time in the east. Quetzal-cohuatl is the well-known name of the planet Venus.

Thus we read that "the sun refused to show itself and during four days the world was deprived of light. Then a great star . . . appeared; it was given the name Quetzal-cohuatI . . . the sky, to show its anger . . . caused to perish a great number of people who died of famine and pestilence." The sequence of seasons and the duration of days and nights became disarranged. "It was then . . . that the people [of Mexico] regulated anew the reckoning of days, nights, and hours, according to the difference in time."

"It is a remarkable thing, moreover, that time is measured from the moment of its [Morning Star's] appearance. . . . Tlahuizcalpanteuctli or the Morning Star appeared for the first time following the convulsions of the earth overwhelmed by a deluge." It looked like a monstrous serpent. "This serpent is adorned with feathers:
that is why it is called Quetzal-cohuatI, Gukumatz or Kukulcan. Just as the world is about to emerge from the chaos of the great catastrophe, it is seen to appear." The feather arrangement of Quetzalcohuatl "represented flames of fire."

Again, the old texts speak "of the change that took place, at the moment of the great catastrophe of the deluge, in the condition of many constellations, principal among them being precisely Tlahuizcalpanteuctli or the star of Venus."

The cataclysm, accompanied by a prolonged darkness, appears to have been that of the days of the Exodus, when a tempest of cinders darkened the world disturbed in its rotation. Some of the references may allude to the subsequent catastrophe of the time of the conquest by Joshua, when the sun remained for more than a day in the sky of the old world. Since it was the same comet that on both occasions made contact with the earth, and at each of the contacts the comet changed its own orbit, the relevant question is not, "On which occasion did the comet change its orbit?" but first of all, 'Which comet changed to a planet?" or "Which planet was a comet in historical times?" The transformation of the comet into a planet began on contact with the earth in the middle of the second millennium before the present era and was carried a step further one jubilee period later.

After the dramatic events of the time of Exodus, the earth was shrouded in dense clouds for decades, and observation of stars was not possible; after the second contact, Venus, the new and splendid member of the solar family, was seen moving along its orbit. It was in the days of Joshua, a time designation meaningful to the reader of the sixth book of the Scriptures; but for the ancients it was "the time of Agog." As I explained above, he was the king by whose name the cataclysm (the Deluge of Ogyges) was known, and who, according to Greek tradition, laid the foundations of Thebes in Egypt.

In The City of God by Augustine it is written:
"From the book of Marcus Varro, entitled Of the Race of the Roman People, I cite word for word the following instance: 'There occurred a remarkable celestial portent; for Castor records that in the brilliant star Venus, called Vesperugo by Plautus, and the lovely Hesperus by Homer, there occurred so strange a prodigy, that it changed its color, size, form, course, which never happened before nor since. Adrastus of Cyzicus, and Dion of Naples, famous mathematicians, said that this occurred in the reign of Ogyges.'"

The Fathers of the Church considered Ogyges a contemporary of Moses. Agog, mentioned in the blessing of Balaam, was the king Ogyges. The upheaval that took place in the days of Joshua and Agog, the deluge that occurred in the days of Ogyges, the metamorphosis of Venus in the days of Ogyges, the star Venus which appeared in the sky of Mexico after a protracted night and a great catastrophe-all these occurrences are related.

Augustine went on to make a curious comment on the transformation of Venus: "Certainly that phenomenon disturbed the canons of the astronomers . . . so as to take upon them to affirm that this which happened to the Morning Star (Venus) never happened before nor since. But we read in the divine books that even the sun itself stood still when a holy man, Joshua the son of Nun, had begged this from God."

Chinese chronicles record that "a brilliant star appeared in the days of Yahu [Yahou]."

The Blazing Star

Plato, citing the Egyptian priest, said that the world conflagration associated with Phaethon was caused by a shifting of bodies in the sky which move around the earth. As we have reason to assume that it was the comet Venus that, after two contacts with the earth, eventually became a planet, we shall do well to inquire: Did Phaethon turn into the Morning Star?

Phaethon, which means "the blazing star," became the Morning Star. The earliest writer who refers to the transformation of Phaethon into a planet is Hesiod. This transformation is related by Hyginus in his Astronomy, where he tells how Phaethon, that caused the conflagration of the world, was struck by a thunderbolt of Jupiter and was placed by the sun among the stars (planets). It was the general belief that Phaethon changed into the Morning Star.

On the island of Crete, Atymnios was the name of the unlucky driver of the sun's chariot; he was worshiped as the Evening Star, which is the same as the Morning Star.

The birth of the Morning Star, or the transformation of a legendary person (Istehar, Phaëthon, Quetzal-cohuatl) into the Morning Star was a widespread motif in the folklore of the oriental and occidental peoples. The Tahitian tradition of the birth of the Morning Star is narrated on the Society Island in the Pacific; the Mangaian legend says that with the birth of a new star, the earth was battered by countless fragments. The Buriats, Kirghiz, and Yakuts of Siberia, and the Eskimos of North America also tell of the birth of the planet Venus.

A blazing star disrupted the visible movement of the sun, caused a world conflagration, and became the Morning-Evening Star. This may be found not only in the legends and traditions, but also in astronomical books of the ancient peoples of both hemispheres.

The Four-Planet System

By asserting that the planet Venus was born in the first half of the second millennium, I assume also that in the third millennium only four planets could have been seen, and that in astronomical charts of this early period the planet Venus cannot be found.

In an ancient Hindu table of planets, attributed to the year -3102, Venus alone among the visible planets is absent. The Brahmans of the early period did not know the five-planet system, and only in a later ("middle") period did the Brahmans speak of five planets.

Babylonian astronomy, too, had a four-planet system. In ancient prayers the planets Saturn, Jupiter, Mars, and Mercury are invoked; the planet Venus is missing; and one speaks of "the four-planet system of the ancient astronomers of Babylonia." These four-planet systems and the inability of the ancient Hindus and Babylonians to see Venus in the sky, even though it is more conspicuous than the other planets, are puzzling unless Venus was not among the planets.

On a later date "the planet Venus receives the appellative: 'The great star that joins the great stars.' The great stars are, of course, the four planets Mercury, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn. . . and Venus joins them as the fifth planet."

Apollonius Rhodius refers to a time "when not all the orbs were yet in the heavens."

One of the Planets Is a Comet

Democritus (circa -460 to circa -370), ... wrote: "The worlds are unequally distributed in space; here there are more, there fewer; some are waxing, some are in their prime, some waning: coming into being in one part of the universe, ceasing in another part. The cause of their perishing is collision with one another." He knew that "the planets are at unequal distances from us" and that there are more planets than we are able to discover with our eyes. Aristotle quoted the opinion of Democritus:

"Stars have been seen when comets dissolve."

Among the early Greek scholars, Pythagoras of the sixth century is generally credited with having had access to some secret science. His pupils, and their pupils, the so-called Pythagoreans, were cautious not to disclose their science to anyone who did not belong to their circle. Aristotle wrote of their interpretation of the nature of comets: "Some of the Italians called Pythagoreans say that the comet is one of the planets, but that it appears at great intervals of time and only rises a little above the horizon. This is the case with Mercury too; because it only rises a little above the horizon it often fails to be seen and consequently appears at great intervals of time."

Aristotle disagreed with the Pythagorean scholars who considered one of the five planets to be a comet.

...the Pythagoreans apparently knew that the comet which is "one of the planets" is Venus.

The Comet Venus

During the centuries when Venus was a comet, it had a tail.

The early traditions of the peoples of Mexico, written down in pre-Columbian days, relate that Venus smoked.

"The star that smoked, la estrella que humeava, was Sitlae choloha, which the Spaniards call Venus."

"Now, I ask," says Alexander Humboldt, "what optical illusion could give Venus the appearance of a star throwing out smoke?"

Sahagun, the sixteenth century Spanish authority on Mexico, wrote that the Mexicans called a comet "a star that smoked." It may thus be concluded that since the Mexicans called Venus "a star that smoked," they considered it a comet.

It is also said in the Vedas that the star Venus looks like fire with smoke. Apparently, the star had a tail, dark in the daytime and luminous at night. In very concrete form this luminous tail, which Venus had in earlier centuries, is mentioned in the Talmud, in the Tractate Shabbat: "Fire is hanging down from the planet Venus."

This phenomenon was described by the Chaldeans. The planet Venus "was said to have a beard." This same technical expression ("beard") is used in modem astronomy in the description of comets.

These parallels in observations made in the valley of the Ganges, on the shores of the Euphrates, and on the coast of the Mexican Gulf prove their objectivity. The question must then be put, not in the form, What was the illusion of the ancient Toltecs and Mayas? but, What was the phenomenon and what was its cause? A train, large enough to be visible from the earth and giving the impression of smoke and fire, hung from the planet Venus.

Venus, with its glowing train, was a very brilliant body; it is therefore not strange that the Chaldeans described it as a "bright torch of heaven," also as a "diamond that illuminates like the sun," and compared its light with the light of the rising sun. At present, the light of Venus is less than one millionth of the light of the sun. "A stupendous prodigy in the sky," the Chaldeans called it.

The Hebrews similarly described the planet: "The brilliant light of Venus blazes from one end of the cosmos to the other end."

The Chinese astronomical text from Soochow refers to the past when ''Venus was visible in full daylight and, while moving across the sky, rivaled the sun in brightness."

As late as the seventh century, Assurbanipal wrote about Venus (Ishtar) "who is clothed with fire and bears aloft a crown of awful splendor." The Egyptians under Seti thus described Venus (Sekhmet): "A circling star which scatters its flame in fire . . . a flame of fire in her tempest."

Possessing a tail and moving on a not yet circular orbit, Venus was more of a comet than a planet, and was called a "smoking star" or a comet by the Mexicans. They also called it by the name of Tzontemocque, or "the mane." The Arabs called Ishtar (Venus) by the name Zebbaj or "one with hair," as did the Babylonians.

"Sometimes there are hairs attached to the planets," wrote Pliny; an old description of Venus must have served as a basis for his assertion. But hair or coma is a characteristic of comets, and in fact "comet" is derived from the Greek word for ''hair.'' The Peruvian name "Chaska" (wavy-haired) is still the name for Venus, though at present the Morning Star is definitely a planet and has no tail attached to it.

*samples
(This post was last modified: 11-28-2012 7:25 PM by CaveCritter.)
11-28-2012 7:24 PM
CaveCritter
I've Seen Them Work!

Rep Post

12-07-2012 2:42 AM

(11-18-2012 9:09 AM)mark-in-dallas Wrote:  1. If it were in fact out there and were now visible, as many recent articles infer,there would be amateur astronomers all of the world seeing it and there would be far more sitings and reports.

They would have to be looking in the infra-red range. Not sure if amateurs can do that.

Quote:2. If NASA had known about it for 30 years, then other agencies and countries would have as well and somebody would have leaked the information.

Ever hear of Gene Shoemaker's "mysterious death"?

Quote:But, the Mayan's did appear to believe in it and travelled thousands of miles from home to build an something that appears to be an observatory to view it on a specific date.

They were tracking Venus. That is not the same as planet X.
260/365/52 are the major cycles for their calendar. They FEARED a calamity every 52 years. That all started with Venus messing the earth up twice, the second time was 52 years after the first. It took a while for the former Comet Venus to settle into the stable orbit of Planet Venus.

See Velikovsky for more detail. The guy does a great job with legends and time systems from around the world. He made errors, but we have learned a hell of a lot since 1950.

*samples
(This post was last modified: 12-07-2012 2:43 AM by CaveCritter.)
12-07-2012 2:42 AM
CaveCritter
I've Seen Them Work!

Rep Post

12-07-2012 2:54 AM

Some more amateurs using software to search for Planet X.

I have several questions.

The first one is: what is the providence of the data used for those images in MS Star (did anyone have a chance to jack with it?)
The second one would be a subset of the first question - how old is the data?
Where is that "hot" object today?
How fast is that?
What direction?
Does that vector intercept our solar plane?

I have seen Google Earth data that is 3 years old.

*samples
(This post was last modified: 12-07-2012 2:55 AM by CaveCritter.)
12-07-2012 2:54 AM
CaveCritter
I've Seen Them Work!

Rep Post

12-07-2012 3:53 AM

Mysterious Dead Astronomers?

Was Dr. Robert Harrington killed for confirming Zacheria Sitchins life work of translating the Sumerian tablets?

Eek

*samples
12-07-2012 3:53 AM

Share This Thread