Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Pheromones as Nootropics?
scottT
Getting comfortable

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Pheromones as Nootropics?
07-11-2013 12:42 PM

I am not a science buff so this may win the award for being the most retarded post of the year, but could there be anyway to use pheromones as cognitive enhancers?
They obviously provide a wide-array of self-effects, as is (e.g. IDGAF in say, Bliss to some others providing extreme confidence, etc.) so they obviously affect the brain. I wonder if they a.) already do improve cognitive performance and we don't know it (or maybe we do, but I am naive) or b.) there could be a mix that could be put together that really improves mental clarity and cognitive functioning.

Since I am a firm believer in the power of confidence -- Henry Ford "whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right" -- I think using mones that boost your confidence before say, a test, probably correlate with you scoring higher as is, but just was curious if there could be a mix designed specifically to improve cognitive-processing all around.

Additionally, on the other end of the spectrum, do any mones give you guys brain fog and hinder mental ability?

Food for thought on a Thursday afternoon.
07-11-2013 12:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

phertest
AKA PheroJoe

Rep Post

Re: Pheromones as Nootropics?
07-12-2013 2:54 PM

Interesting idea. Androsterone based products tend to calm me down and have a better composed demeanor... they also clear up a little fog up tjere which could be useful as a learning tool.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk 2
07-12-2013 2:54 PM
wiserd
I'm so meta, even this acronym

Rep Post

RE: Pheromones as Nootropics?
07-12-2013 10:27 PM

Hey,

I'm a science buff with an interest in pheromones and nootropics. ;-)

This is a big topic, so what follows is going to be really oversimplified and riddled with exceptions.

1. Mones do seem to have the potential to act as congnitive enhancers, but most of the stuff that people play with is for social effect rather than cognitive enhancement. To the extent that these molecules 'enhance' cognition they tend to focus attention on social stimuli and make people more extroverted/socially aware. This focus on people would be a potential problem for someone trying to focus on the more analytical tasks conventionally associated with "intelligence. "

2. The most commonly used mone that comes closest to being a nootropic is probably pregnenolone. Neno tends to have an upbeat and energizing feel to it. Pregnenolone as a nootropic is a topic unto itself.

3. It seems entirely possible that some stuff might have an anti-depressant effect due to reduced production of cortisol from cortisone (check out 7-Keto DHEA) or antagonism of glucocorticoid/mineralcorticoid receptors. PEA may also have a nootropic effect, but you're probably better off just drinking coffee.

4. There are other molecules that certainly do act like mones and could probably be nootropic and I've played with a few of them. But I wouldn't look to commercial mixes for these kinds of effects, since those are more socially oriented. The exception would be "Focus Potion" which Love Potion sells. http://pherotruth.com/archive/index.php/...-6075.html

Good luck. Report back with what you find. ;-)

[Image: Example.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 07-12-2013 10:29 PM by wiserd.)
07-12-2013 10:27 PM
Wyatt
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

07-16-2013 1:49 AM

You can also dig about in AD's site through the various putatives. Some were listed by many a user to help with focus. I plan to get into that, but that's a few years off. Still going after the more social, sexual and self, non-focus aspects at the moment.

TAF I think was one of the putatives, 102 also, but I forget the other that sounded the most interesting.
07-16-2013 1:49 AM
pherophreak
Checking out the place

Sex:

Rep Post

05-31-2018 11:37 PM

I know this is an incredibly old thread, and I hope I'm not breaking any rules by necro'ing it, but I'm absolutely fascinated by the world of nootropics and biohacking and I think there's incredible potential here.

The problem is that the impact on most nootropics and supplements is that their effects are very subtle and in the background, while the effects of pheromones seem to be more in the foreground as far as I can tell (I haven't tried any yet, going to order my first few soon).

Does anyone having anything more to add to the pheromone as nootropics conversation? I've heard of some pretty promising blends such as Limitless and The Thinker by pheromonexs, along with the putative molecules mentioned earlier. Apparently, Treasureful Shine is supposed to be great for this too.
05-31-2018 11:37 PM

Silvius
Checking out the place

Sex:

Rep Post

06-01-2018 2:12 PM

(05-31-2018 11:37 PM)pherophreak Wrote:  I know this is an incredibly old thread, and I hope I'm not breaking any rules by necro'ing it, but I'm absolutely fascinated by the world of nootropics and biohacking and I think there's incredible potential here.

The problem is that the impact on most nootropics and supplements is that their effects are very subtle and in the background, while the effects of pheromones seem to be more in the foreground as far as I can tell (I haven't tried any yet, going to order my first few soon).

Does anyone having anything more to add to the pheromone as nootropics conversation? I've heard of some pretty promising blends such as Limitless and The Thinker by pheromonexs, along with the putative molecules mentioned earlier. Apparently, Treasureful Shine is supposed to be great for this too.

I use Treasureful Shine for studying. It has Molecule-F that gives focus, the blend is very good because it just stop procrastination and force you do the thing that is matter. I just start things and I just realize that I have done it because I just submerge into it.

Combining noopept with Treasureful Shine is insane good.
06-01-2018 2:12 PM

Share This Thread