Hello There, Guest! Register

Or login with , or

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Pheromone Hangovers
Mr. E
Contributes Regularly

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 175
Thanks received:
61 thanks in 38 posts

RE: Pheromone Hangovers
Yesterday 4:56 AM

(08-27-2015 2:43 PM)Ekscentra Wrote:  I've only ever had anything resembling a pheromone hangover when I use Androstadienone , whatever's causing depression in VD, and Pregnenolone (especially bad in high doses). What you're experiencing could be the result of Androstadienone , since many of the mixes you're using contain Androstadienone . I take megadoses of B vitamins on a daily basis and eat pretty well, so I don't get these effects from anything else. For these, it's possible taking 7-Keto DHEA may counteract these effects, but I prefer to just avoid anything that contains these ingredients.

If you've experienced this with BW, the crash from excess dopamine release can cause a hangover. High doses of P103 and other seemingly GABAergic substances can also cause hangovers, but it takes a lot to get to this point.

Be careful with supplements of any kind! It used to be believed that too much B-vitamins is harmless since they're water-soluble and you excrete the excess through urine. Newer insights have shown that one of the B-vitamins can be harmful in high amounts.

In general, it's smart to be very careful with supplements. Omega 3 has now been linked to prostate cancer for example.

At this point too little is known about supplements and it wouldn't surprise me if in the future more harmful effects are discovered.

The only supplement I add to my healthy diet is 25 mcg of vitamin D a day, since where I live you just don't produce enough of it from sunlight. And there's far too little added to food.

The maximum amount of vitamin D one can safely take is 100 mcg a day (for a adults). Though that's much more than necessary.

Still I'm aware that I'm taking a bit of a risk. It might be that at one point they find out that vitamin D supplements aren't that good for you as well.

It reminds me of a finding about blood pressure medication. They discovered that they can be harmful for very old people. I don't remember what age range exactly, but it's the "very old" category. Turns out, for some reason, very old people need a higher blood pressure and lowering it with medication was fatal to them.

Yes, I am fascinated by medicine, health and the human body. Smile

Anyway, point is: be careful with what you put in your body.

EDIT: Just in case it's uncertain at this point (I don't know), none of LAL's products contain androstadienone. At first he couldn't add it because there was a patent on it. After that he decided to not add it because people reported getting depressed from it. But you can always add it yourself, LAL and several other companies sell it.

DOSING: Often I use the term "finger" when talking about how much I used. It's a way in which I use Euro dropper and roll on bottles. With a Euro dropper bottle, it means I put my finger firmly on top of it, turn it upside down for a few moments and turn it back up. What's on my finger is a dose of 1 finger. I started doing this because Euro dropper bottles tend to spill.

A finger from a roll on bottle is when I turn the roller until approximately the same amount as I would get from a Euro dropper is on my finger.
(This post was last modified: Yesterday 4:59 AM by Mr. E.)
Yesterday 4:56 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Thanks given by cali4ya858
NP17
Minor deity

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 5
Thanks received:
69 thanks in 56 posts

Yesterday 7:13 AM

I second 7-keto DHEA. When I was taking this, I could put 2 drops of GoA on (an androstadienone-containing mix) 3 days in a row and not get any kind of depression. When I used 2 drops of GoA the other night, without having taken 7-keto in months, I woke up hungover and feeling anti-social. It works. It won't make you immune, but it will increase your tolerance.

This will probably work for the AM but not for the BW. If you get bad depression with BW, you can try amino acids to replenish dopamine and serotonin, but that's just speculation. Also, the side effects of messing with neurotransmitters can be bad.

As for safety, plenty of supplements are proven to be safe when used as recommended.
(This post was last modified: Yesterday 7:14 AM by NP17.)
Yesterday 7:13 AM
NP17
Minor deity

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 5
Thanks received:
69 thanks in 56 posts

Yesterday 7:34 AM

This study is incredibly weak as it only correlates high levels of omega-3's in the blood with prostate cancer. It doesn't even correlate omega-3 supplementation or diet with increased cancer risk. Maybe increased serum omega-3 is one of the body's defense mechanisms against precancerous cells?
Yesterday 7:34 AM

Mr. E
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks received:
61 thanks in 38 posts

Yesterday 8:22 AM

(Yesterday 7:13 AM)NP17 Wrote:  I second 7-keto DHEA. When I was taking this, I could put 2 drops of GoA on (an androstadienone-containing mix) 3 days in a row and not get any kind of depression. When I used 2 drops of GoA the other night, without having taken 7-keto in months, I woke up hungover and feeling anti-social. It works. It won't make you immune, but it will increase your tolerance.

This will probably work for the AM but not for the BW. If you get bad depression with BW, you can try amino acids to replenish dopamine and serotonin, but that's just speculation. Also, the side effects of messing with neurotransmitters can be bad.

As for safety, plenty of supplements are proven to be safe when used as recommended.

Thanks for your link to the study in your other reply.

It is true that plenty of supplements are safe when used as recommended. Though sometimes recommendations change or certain substances are banned because it turned out that science didn't know enough about them yet.

However, when you take common supplements, you're probably going to be fine. By common I mean the stuff most people know about. (Multi)vitamins, omega 3's. My response was to Ekscentra saying that he uses megadoses of B-vitamins. That is a risky area, very large amounts. Not enough is known about that yet.

Omega 3 is healthy when used at the recommended doses. And I do believe that. It has shown to lower cholesterol and is also linked to the *prevention* of certain types of cancer. That is, when used at the recommended doses. Getting outside those doses is a personal decision and it might be harmless, but it can also potentially be harmful.

For example, very high doses of niacin, common in supplements, can cause damage to the eyes and liver.

My main point is: be careful with supplements. Use them responsibly and avoid high doses.

DOSING: Often I use the term "finger" when talking about how much I used. It's a way in which I use Euro dropper and roll on bottles. With a Euro dropper bottle, it means I put my finger firmly on top of it, turn it upside down for a few moments and turn it back up. What's on my finger is a dose of 1 finger. I started doing this because Euro dropper bottles tend to spill.

A finger from a roll on bottle is when I turn the roller until approximately the same amount as I would get from a Euro dropper is on my finger.
Yesterday 8:22 AM
cali4ya858
Getting comfortable

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 12
Thanks received:
9 thanks in 7 posts

Yesterday 12:11 PM

My nutrition class says to avoid supplements unless your body can't metabolize it or other ailments that prevent absorption.

(Yesterday 4:56 AM)Mr. E Wrote:  Be careful with supplements of any kind! It used to be believed that too much B-vitamins is harmless since they're water-soluble and you excrete the excess through urine. Newer insights have shown that one of the B-vitamins can be harmful in high amounts.

In general, it's smart to be very careful with supplements. Omega 3 has now been linked to prostate cancer for example.

At this point too little is known about supplements and it wouldn't surprise me if in the future more harmful effects are discovered.

The only supplement I add to my healthy diet is 25 mcg of vitamin D a day, since where I live you just don't produce enough of it from sunlight. And there's far too little added to food.

The maximum amount of vitamin D one can safely take is 100 mcg a day (for a adults). Though that's much more than necessary.

Still I'm aware that I'm taking a bit of a risk. It might be that at one point they find out that vitamin D supplements aren't that good for you as well.

It reminds me of a finding about blood pressure medication. They discovered that they can be harmful for very old people. I don't remember what age range exactly, but it's the "very old" category. Turns out, for some reason, very old people need a higher blood pressure and lowering it with medication was fatal to them.

EDIT: Just in case it's uncertain at this point (I don't know), none of LAL's products contain androstadienone. At first he couldn't add it because there was a patent on it. After that he decided to not add it because people reported getting depressed from it. But you can always add it yourself, LAL and several other companies sell it.

PXS- Bliss; Cohesion; Evolve; Xist(sample), Ascend(sample), Taboo(Sample)
LAL - Max-T copulin stick; Bad Wolf (sample)
Apex - Core; CV4 (sample)
True Pheromones - (All the free samples listed)
Alpha Dream - AM, LIIK, Corporativo, Glace (All of them 50mL upgraded)
(Coverscents: Aventus Creed, La Nuit, Acqua Di Giorgio, Armani Code, Terra De Hermes, Fahrenheit)
Yesterday 12:11 PM
Mr. E
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks received:
61 thanks in 38 posts

Yesterday 12:20 PM

(Yesterday 12:11 PM)cali4ya858 Wrote:  My nutrition class says to avoid supplements unless your body can't metabolize it or other ailments that prevent absorption.

Most supplements are unnecessary. From a healthy diet you can get all you need. In fact, actual food contains much more than just the vitamins in supplements.

Some people need extra supplements. Pregnant women need folic acid to reduce the chance of birth defect in their child. Young children need extra vitamin D. I am of the opinion that unless you live somewhere where the sun shines strongly every day AND you get enough sunlight, you need vitamin D.

Other than that, you really don't need them. You can take them for added benefits though. But you would need to separate fact from fiction.

For example, taking a lot of vitamin C to boost your immune system in winter times doesn't work. It takes many months of using C to have some effect on your immune system. And it's not certain if those high doses are good for you to begin with.

What I do use sometimes is a vitamin B complex. But only within the recommended dosages. It does give me some extra energy.

But other than that, healthy food and enough exercise is all you really need.

Yesterday 12:20 PM
Thanks given by cali4ya858
cali4ya858
Getting comfortable

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 12
Thanks received:
9 thanks in 7 posts

Yesterday 12:28 PM

The pheromones helped me with that push to do better. With the leverage I have right now, I'm gonna attempt to make different food combinations and research different diets to get me to a better spot.

I can exercise my way to happiness, eat my way to happiness and pheromone myself to happiness.

(Yesterday 12:20 PM)Mr. E Wrote:  Most supplements are unnecessary. From a healthy diet you can get all you need. In fact, actual food contains much more than just the vitamins in supplements.

Some people need extra supplements. Pregnant women need folic acid to reduce the chance of birth defect in their child. Young children need extra vitamin D. I am of the opinion that unless you live somewhere where the sun shines strongly every day AND you get enough sunlight, you need vitamin D.

Other than that, you really don't need them. You can take them for added benefits though. But you would need to separate fact from fiction.

For example, taking a lot of vitamin C to boost your immune system in winter times doesn't work. It takes many months of using C to have some effect on your immune system. And it's not certain if those high doses are good for you to begin with.

What I do use sometimes is a vitamin B complex. But only within the recommended dosages. It does give me some extra energy.

But other than that, healthy food and enough exercise is all you really need.

PXS- Bliss; Cohesion; Evolve; Xist(sample), Ascend(sample), Taboo(Sample)
LAL - Max-T copulin stick; Bad Wolf (sample)
Apex - Core; CV4 (sample)
True Pheromones - (All the free samples listed)
Alpha Dream - AM, LIIK, Corporativo, Glace (All of them 50mL upgraded)
(Coverscents: Aventus Creed, La Nuit, Acqua Di Giorgio, Armani Code, Terra De Hermes, Fahrenheit)
Yesterday 12:28 PM
Thanks given by Mr. E

Mr. E
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks received:
61 thanks in 38 posts

Yesterday 12:31 PM

(Yesterday 12:28 PM)cali4ya858 Wrote:  The pheromones helped me with that push to do better. With the leverage I have right now, I'm gonna attempt to make different food combinations and research different diets to get me to a better spot.

I can exercise my way to happiness, eat my way to happiness and pheromone myself to happiness.

This is gold. You have no idea how genius this reply is.

Yesterday 12:31 PM
Ekscentra
Serious Poster

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 728
Thanks received:
605 thanks in 383 posts

Yesterday 3:51 PM

(Yesterday 4:56 AM)Mr. E Wrote:  Be careful with supplements of any kind! It used to be believed that too much B-vitamins is harmless since they're water-soluble and you excrete the excess through urine. Newer insights have shown that one of the B-vitamins can be harmful in high amounts.

Anything can be harmful in excess. I use LEF, and I'm confident they've done their research as they always have.

The Omega 3 doses linked to prostate cancer were fairly high, IIRC, not unlike the study in which Melatonin was linked to increased Progesterone in megadoses far too high for any reasonable individual to take. Just because a substance is dangerous at one dose does not mean it remains dangerous at another.
Yesterday 3:51 PM
Mr. E
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks received:
61 thanks in 38 posts

Yesterday 4:00 PM

(Yesterday 3:51 PM)Ekscentra Wrote:  Anything can be harmful in excess. I use LEF, and I'm confident they've done their research as they always have.

The Omega 3 doses linked to prostate cancer were fairly high, IIRC, not unlike the study in which Melatonin was linked to increased Progesterone in megadoses far too high for any reasonable individual to take. Just because a substance is dangerous at one dose does not mean it remains dangerous at another.

Never trust research done by the companies themselves. Check Google for any supplement you take and add .gov. That will give you the official US Government sites.

Just because other substances were linked to negative things, doesn't mean yours aren't bad. Megadoses of B-vitamins can lead to, among other things, liver and eye damage.

That is the key, megadoses. It's a bad thing.

Btw, new research has shown that using melatonin (regardless of the dose) can lead to permanent brain damage.

Added to that, a personal thought: the need to take megadoses of anything is a way to overpower a problem. That never works. Address the problem and you won't need the supplements.

Yesterday 4:00 PM
Thanks given by BeautifulEnigma

Share This Thread