Hello There, Guest! Register

Or login with , or

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 4 Average
Paradox's review of Taboo
Paradox
Contributes Regularly

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 74
Thanks received:
525 thanks in 173 posts

Paradox's review of Taboo
02-27-2015 11:17 AM

[Image: Taboo-XS-Pheromone-Spray-for-Men-600x600.jpg]

The story: So I ordered a bottle of Xist as it was next on my testing list. There was a big shipping snafu and the order did not get shipped immediately. This was my first order with Pheremone XS. Steve O called me personally and profusely apologized. I thought maybe he knew who I was on the board but this was my first order and I never mention my board name to Vendors so there was no way he could have known. I’m guessing that this is the way he treats all of his customers.
Anyway, he ends up sending me a full size bottle of Taboo & one of Flirt with my Xist. My order was initially snafued but I was floored by this level of customer care.

There are too many “Steve is awesome” posts on the pheromone boards for this not to be the norm.

Packaging: The product was well packed with no leakage. The label is a bit on the generic side but I’m buying pheromones. I don’t want to pay extra for a 4 color label. A one or 2 color label is fine with me. What concerns me is the effectiveness of what is in the bottle. Slipped in with all of my other goodies was a 1(?) ml sample of cohesion.

Testing parameters: I tested Taboo solo. After the solo testing I tested 1 combo which is listed at the end of the review. I tested first for my sweet spot. The optimal dosage for me seems to be 2 sprays. I tested Taboo at 2-4 sprays a day for about 4 weeks straight.

Dosage: I found the optimal dosage for me to be 2 sprays. 3 sprays seemed to be on the edge. 4 sprays is a real overdose for me complete with ghosting and avoidance.

The scent: I purchased Taboo in the Pepper/Nutmeg scent . Big mistake. I chose but the pepper nutmeg scent because back in his Androtics days, Steve mentioned in a post that it was one of his favorite cover scents to use. Now, I’m not a picky scent person but the pepper/nutmeg scent smells like I am wearing black pepper. However, the cover scent fully covers the smell of the pheromones. I was wearing my Taboo combo and someone commented “I smell petroleum.” Again, Love Potion Magickal Perfumerie has some of the best scents for covering pheromones ever. Pheromone vendors are not perfumers. Some try. Now I understand why almost all advanced users order unscented and use their own cologne as cover.

Duration: About 5 hours. Taboo seems to have a long dry down period. It takes about 30 minutes before it is revved up and running. Once it gets going it does its thing for a solid 3-3.5 hours.

Self effects: Taboo makes me feel a little chatty. I’ve been wearing Taboo for about 4 weeks straight and at the end of each day I feel like a wet rag. The feeling is similar to the after effect of wearing Instant Shine.

Daytime use: I tested Taboo in the daytime during my usual daytime activities, in stores and in various indoor environments.

Nighttime use: I usually test in the clubs also but I was not able to use this one at night. My theory is that if it’s effective in the day then its better at night.

Effects on others: First off, Taboo is not man friendly. Your buddies should be ok but it’s not a guy friendly formula. Men would rather avoid you than engage you. Women will not fall at your feet but Taboo will help your game. Taboo will not magically pull women but they will talk to you if you talk to them. Taboo is not a woman slayer. It will label you as a cool guy though. Women will listen to what you have to say.

Thoughts on the formula: The ingredients of Taboo are AndrostENONE, Alpha-AndrosteNOL, AndrosteRONE, AndrostaDIENONE, Research Molecule XSR32, Dipropylene Glycol, Alcohol Denat (SD40B).

There seems to be quite a bit of Alpha-Androstenol in this formula.

There must also be over 60 mcg’s of Androstadienone . In my published tests (posted in my pherotalk journal) on Androstadienone 3 years ago, I found that there is no Androstadienone depression once you go over 60 mcg’s of Androstadienone. Androstadienone works great at 75+ mcg's. I made this observation 3 years ago after testing Androstadienone from 25 mcg’s all the way up to 260 mcg’s.

The Androsterone seems to be at a pretty good level. It offsets the mindless chattiness of the Alpha-Androstenol and keeps the conversation from being filled with too much idle chatter.

Steve has a nice alcohol to oil ratio that extends the life of Taboo without sacrificing the diffusion rate.

There is not too much Androstenone in this mix. I would say maybe 2 mcg’s per spray. This is not published. It’s just a guess. Anyway, the formula does not feel NONE heavy but it does hit good.

There is a touch of BANOL in here maybe?

Conclusion: Taboo is what AMMO should have been. AMMO by Androtics has never worked for me. Taboo on the other hand is a consistent hitter. Taboo is very user friendly. Taboo seems to work with all ethnicities (Asians too!). While Taboo does not hit the ball out of the park it is always good for a double.

Taboo does not have a heavy pull, it does not talk for you. With Taboo you have to put in work. You have to do your part. Wearing Taboo is like having backup singers. You carry the song but Taboo helps with the melody.

My biggest thumbs up when it comes to Taboo is its consistency. It works the same every time you wear it. Taboo will not get you laid right away, that part is up to you. Taboo is the candle light dinner you have to talk your way to the bedroom.

Paradox’s Taboo combo: When solo testing was over I decided to try to combo Taboo. The combo that I tried was Taboo + Xist + Oxytocin. Not sure if this has been written about already but well here’s my formula and my take. The formula is 2 sprays Taboo + 1 spray Xist + 2 drops of Oxytocin (from LAL). The Xist adds a stronger social component to Taboo and the Oxytocin adds a trust component. The Beta components of Xist work with the Alpha components of Taboo so the combo balances out well. Men are friendlier with this combo. This combo ramps up the social aspects of Taboo and the Oxy adds a bit of seriousness reinforcing the whole combo. Women love this combo. It’s perfect for date night.
02-27-2015 11:17 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Thanks given by t-Rex, stefdude, SeekingSuccess, RTBoss, dsouza, ak4d4, Khan Solo, MMM, V-nice, moe, meme371, Falcon, Pheroman, lunch, Dafixisin, mark-in-dallas, XyzN, whisper, RedBull, Vinzanity, AMANKIND, bmm, Mars82

stefdude
Serious Poster

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 491
Thanks received:
439 thanks in 265 posts

RE: Paradox's review of Taboo
02-27-2015 11:34 AM

What kind of hits did you notice from women?Did you see a beautification effect?Like they see you sexier and maybe tell you about it?
02-27-2015 11:34 AM
Paradox
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks received:
525 thanks in 173 posts

02-27-2015 12:07 PM

(02-27-2015 11:34 AM)stefdude Wrote:  What kind of hits did you notice from women?Did you see a beautification effect?Like they see you sexier and maybe tell you about it?

Well...as far as hits on women taboo does not clunk them over the head with a club like New Pheromone Additive. Taboo does not disinhibit them like AM either.

Taboo makes your approach acceptable. You are perceived as an ok guy to get to know.

With Taboo women do not swoosh or swoon but they are interested in your conversation. They will give you a chance because you are "An ok guy".
02-27-2015 12:07 PM
Thanks given by V-nice
dsouza

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 919
Thanks received:
1186 thanks in 673 posts

02-27-2015 12:21 PM

(02-27-2015 11:17 AM)Paradox Wrote:  [Image: Taboo-XS-Pheromone-Spray-for-Men-600x600.jpg]

Effects on others: First off, Taboo is not man friendly. Your buddies should be ok but it’s not a guy friendly formula. Men would rather avoid you than engage you. Women will not fall at your feet but Taboo will help your game. Taboo will not magically pull women but they will talk to you if you talk to them. Taboo is not a woman slayer. It will label you as a cool guy though. Women will listen to what you have to say.

Steve had schooling from AD. Do you think Taboo contains p75 which is why guys avoid you?

dsouza
02-27-2015 12:21 PM
Paradox
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks received:
525 thanks in 173 posts

02-27-2015 12:45 PM

(02-27-2015 12:21 PM)dsouza Wrote:  Steve had schooling from AD. Do you think Taboo contains p75 which is why guys avoid you?

dsouza

Well....P75's identity has not been revealed by Androtics however many users believe it is AndrostANONE. It's not listed in the ingredients. One of the aspects/effects of Androstanone is that it balances the effects of Androstenone so that the Androstenone is not overwhelming to targets.

So you can wear 10 mcg's of Androstenone and it seems like 5mcg's when you add Androstanone. However it still hits users at 10 mcg's. Androstanone counters some of the the negative self effects of Androstenone. Women do not run when high doses of Androstenone are combined with Androstanone. Men however have a weird reaction to the combo.
02-27-2015 12:45 PM
Thanks given by dsouza

V-nice
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 665
Thanks received:
693 thanks in 305 posts

02-27-2015 5:33 PM

Great dissection of Taboo Paradox! Easily gets me in the door, and as a huge flirt, definitely enhances my game. One of the words I used to describe Taboo is "efficient".

"The man that knows he doesn't know, is a wise man."
02-27-2015 5:33 PM
Thanks given by MMM
moe
Serious Poster

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 836
Thanks received:
498 thanks in 309 posts

02-27-2015 5:49 PM

Thanks for the report Paradox.
It reminds me that one must test products Exhaustively. I usually get discouraged after 1 week of testing if I don't find my sweet spot, thinking I will come back to that product later on. The truth is that it takes lots of testing over several weeks. Thanks for that.

did you reapply the mones after 4-5 hours to keep testing?
Were you noticing the women' responses back to baseline after those 4-5 hours or was it just the self-effects fading after that time ?

Looking forward to reading your report on XiSt

M.

Pheromone Xs:
Ascend, Evolve, Mascot, Barely Legal, Taboo, Flirt, SOB, Connections, Love Boat, Bliss
Alpha Dreams:
AM
Liquid Alchemy Labs:
NA, Wolf, AV, DP
Apex Pheromones:
Core
Androtics Direct:
A314 rev32, P130, TAC
Pheromone Treasures:
Captain

A1

Journal: Moe++

(This post was last modified: 02-27-2015 5:50 PM by moe.)
02-27-2015 5:49 PM
Pheroman
Hardass Cynic

Sex: Often Please

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 3914
Thanks received:
3409 thanks in 1277 posts

02-27-2015 11:56 PM

(02-27-2015 12:21 PM)dsouza Wrote:  Steve had schooling from AD. Do you think Taboo contains p75 which is why guys avoid you?

dsouza

In my experience its Androstadienone that makes guys avoid you.
Though some brands more than others. And I got different results from 2 bottles from AD

You may be better off wearing nutella, maybe some chick might want to lick it off
My journal http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Diary-of-a-PheroMan
My product list http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Diary-of-a-...8#pid36108
02-27-2015 11:56 PM
Paradox
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks received:
525 thanks in 173 posts

03-02-2015 7:06 AM

(02-27-2015 5:49 PM)moe Wrote:  Thanks for the report Paradox.
It reminds me that one must test products Exhaustively. I usually get discouraged after 1 week of testing if I don't find my sweet spot, thinking I will come back to that product later on. The truth is that it takes lots of testing over several weeks. Thanks for that.

did you reapply the mones after 4-5 hours to keep testing?
Were you noticing the women' responses back to baseline after those 4-5 hours or was it just the self-effects fading after that time ?

Looking forward to reading your report on XiSt

M.

Hey Moe, Thanks for the compliments.

I always to try to reapply whatever I'm testing during the first week of testing.

I've found however that with pheromones a reapplication is usually off kilter because of residual pheromones that linger after the first application. Androstenone is especially sticky so a reapplication just sets everything off kilter.

I carry soap and a washcloth that has some Witch Hazel on it in a ziplock bag. If I want to continue testing and reapply, I wash off the remnants of the first application.

I test duration daily until I notice a pattern. I note the time when I first apply the pheromones. When I see interest fading or gone I note the time. I do this daily for about 4 weeks. If self effects fade that doesn't mean that effects on others have faded. I look for indicators of interest.

If I start wearing a mix at 9am I'll track reactions until I stop getting them. Once that happens I note the time. Then I do the same the next day for about 4 weeks.

As far as Xist goes I mentioned in the top 5 pheromones 2014-2015 thread that I had been playing around with Xist solo & combos so much that I'd just about ran out. I had maybe 20 sprays left when I tried the Xist Taboo combo.

I did also mention that I wanted to test Xist. That was the reason for the original purchase.
(This post was last modified: 03-02-2015 7:24 AM by Paradox.)
03-02-2015 7:06 AM
Thanks given by moe

Fishdude
Serious Poster

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 204
Thanks received:
866 thanks in 386 posts

03-02-2015 9:53 AM

I agree with Pheroman in that the Androstadienone is what is negging men. 40 mcg and up will do it.

I tried 120 mcg and it was making me jittery at that dose. I never do get any negative effects from Androstadienone myself.
I like some extra Androstadienone if I am in a busy bar and want to clear the guys from my space leaving the women behind.

Add 5 mcg P75 to the Taboo and you will immediately see it's effect if I read the Taboo ingredient list correctly.

Never tried Taboo myself.

Great reporting Paradox. Easy to read and informative.

FD
03-02-2015 9:53 AM
Thanks given by MMM, Paradox, dsouza

Share This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Taboo review... V-nice 400 42,331 05-20-2015 5:14 PM
Last Post: RTBoss