Hello There, Guest! Register

Or login with , or

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
PXS needs to improve their cover scents
ShadowX114
Contributes Regularly

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 33
Thanks received:
109 thanks in 71 posts

PXS needs to improve their cover scents
09-08-2015 9:47 AM

This may be an irrational reason to stop using PXS' products but I find it a shame how the cover scent options are really bad that I'm considering stopping buying/trying PXS products all together. Yet at the same time, I have gotten results from them (from the unscented that is).

My first purchase:
Bliss, cohesion, connections - all unscented.

To me, they smell like vodka which I was fine with and expecting it. I was using a cover scent afterwards (yet my sister told me I smelled like bathroom despite that). My "complaint" about unscented is that you can't spray it in a car or in a shared bathroom because the place will smell weird.

Second purchase:
Taboo, love boat, xist in Nobility scent.

Since FXS is their popular scent, I have read that nobility is somehow similar but stronger so I went for it thinking it would last longer for better diffusion than FXS; which is apparently weak.
Yet, it smells so weird. If unscented smelled like vodka, this smelled like a mix of vodka/beer. When I smell them, bars come to mind. I have tried them on 3 nights and on all of them, I felt I got a somehow negative response about the smell.

Third purchase:
Ascend in sultan oud and I have finally asked for a scent sample pack.

Reason I took sultan oud is because I kept reading that it's the best cover scent for the cops. At first, I thought it wasn't that bad as I have read that many people didn't really like it. However, I got tired of it really quickly. Everytime I want to go out and want to test it, I tell myself that I'm not in the mood to smell like that, I opt-in for another thing.

I also smelled all of the sample pack. Not sure how to describe them other than "meh/no/weird". My opinion is even stronger when I compare them to Black Spice and leather & steel from Alpha Dream or Cold Water from PT or even Impi Red that smells like pure cologne. So when I smell the ones that I just named, and then go back to any PXs cover scent, the difference is huge; from elegance to cheap.

It could be just me. Maybe I'm picky with colognes but the way I see it, is that we should smell nice in addition to the effect of the pheromones we are wearing. When I wear captain/AOA , I smell fresh, especially during summer. When I wear Black Spice, I smell elegant for a night out. When I wear nobility, I smell like a drunk person.

What do you guys think?

Journal ->: HERE

Current Stash

Alpha Dream: Glace, Corpo (all unscented), AM in Black spice
Androtics: TAC (20mcg/akuto scent), P74 (5mcg), P75 (2.5mcg), P83 (20mcg), P96 (20mch)
Apex: Core (Fury Scent)
LAL: AV, Max T, OD Gel, Wolf,
Pheromone XS: Bliss, Evolve Oil, Cohesion, Connections
Other: Pherlure, Impi Red
(This post was last modified: 09-08-2015 9:48 AM by ShadowX114.)
09-08-2015 9:47 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Thanks given by BeautifulEnigma, AlfaAv297

NP17
Minor deity

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 73
Thanks received:
363 thanks in 244 posts

RE: PXS needs to improve their cover scents
09-08-2015 11:20 AM

I've only tried musk, and I like that. But I like musk scents. It's one of the few scents that I prefer.
09-08-2015 11:20 AM
neon
Getting comfortable

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 125
Thanks received:
19 thanks in 16 posts

09-08-2015 12:26 PM

Yeah, I agree their scents aren't as good as other vendors. When I first ordered from PXS, I went with XiSt in the Nobility scent since it sounded fancy and thought it would be close to some expensive cologne and at first I thought it was alright but after a while I too noticed it smelt similar to someone who had been drinking. I never got the feeling that people around me would assume I had been drinking though so while it was a unique scent, it wasn't as great as I thought it would be. I also asked for samples of their other scents but nothing really stood out that I liked.

Since then I've made all my purchases in FXS and it's not so bad to me. It's a light scent and it's a bit strong at first but if people were to wonder what I'm wearing, they may just assume it's like a deodorant. It lasts around 6 hours or so on me, at least it did the last time I wore a mone with the FXS scent which was months ago.

I also agree that Black Spice and Leather & Steel (at first I wasn't a big fan of it but I began to like it more) are great cover scents from Alpha Dream and I like the Cold Water scent from Pheromone Treasures too. I haven't tried any other scent from PT; I went with Cold Water with my first purchase and liked it right away. It's not a long lasting scent but it's better than FXS. The Wolf scent from LAL is also a favorite of mine and I got my Nude Alpha in Wolf scent too.

Products I own:
Alpha Dream: Alfa Maschio, Glace, Certo, L2K V1, Corpo
Apex: Core, Imprint, Orbital, Dionysos
LAL: Wolf, Nude Alpha, Aqua Vitae, SXD-9, Possess, Voodoo, A1, Bad Wolf, Hypnotica
Pheromone Treasures: Captain, Aura of Amity, Escape the Friendzone, Grail of Affection, Alpha Treasures, A1
PheromoneXS: XiSt (spray & oil), Cohesion (spray & oil), Evolve (spray & oil), Taboo (spray & oil), Connections, Ascend (oil), Love Boat, Vibe
True Pheromones: Complete System
Others: Ammo, A314 rev23, IS, IH, IO, CTTM2, TAC, Hax Oils, Impi Red
09-08-2015 12:26 PM
SuperJoy
New to Pheromones, Not Life.

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 337
Thanks received:
170 thanks in 107 posts

09-08-2015 1:12 PM

I understand. Im the same way. I keep buying all mine unscented and make my own cover. Its way better for me. I did inherent a bottle of Wolf that I'm loving but hate the cover smell. Its not that its bad its just makes me want to sneeze. I see others like it...

One thing I dislike about AD is that they charge you for unscented products. Weak. Atleast most of the companies are great about giving options so we can have it our way!

Pheromone Treasures: Capt, THU, GOA, AOA*, EFZ*
Love Scent: NPA
Alpha Dream: Glace (slow)
Androtics Direct: TAC 5mcg, A314
Hax: X22
LAL: Wolf, SXD-9, DP, Max T-150, Aqua Vitae*
pheromoneXS: Evolve, Cohesion, Bliss, Celebrity

Working on a magical Cover...
09-08-2015 1:12 PM
Spars
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 94
Thanks received:
79 thanks in 49 posts

09-08-2015 4:45 PM

I will speak to the Aqua di gio scent from ptres is pretty dn close to the real thing. Black spice is a win. As is l&s from ad.

I got xist in soultans oud and I find it to be pretty good for a cover.
But, since being around, for however short it's been, I too will order any and all pheromones unscented. I think it's better for experimenting with what works and what doesn't. People won't be swayed by the cover when you frequent a spot or a job always smelling the same. As long as my bank account can keep up, that smell will be something from Creed.
09-08-2015 4:45 PM

Ekscentra
Foremost Eccentric

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1269
Thanks received:
1177 thanks in 737 posts

09-09-2015 2:29 PM

PXS makes the worst cover scents of any vendor by far, IMO. This is why I always order unscented, but I've never been too impressed with their blends either. It's difficult for me to justify ordering from PXS when there are so many better options out there. I can only hope they'll step their game up here soon.
09-09-2015 2:29 PM
lunch
Getting comfortable

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 117
Thanks received:
20 thanks in 12 posts

09-11-2015 9:25 PM

Ive only ever tried Nobility from PSX and have found it to be really good. not overpowering and covers the mone smell really well. I dont like really strong scents like i experienced with ammo since it makes you into "cologne guy". Agree with the L&S comments too, that scent is very smooth and pleasant.

Owns Mones:
AD: Instant Openess 2x, Ammo 2X, A314 rev32
Alpha Dream: Alfa Maschio, Glace
PheromoneXS: Taboo, Bliss, LoveBoat, Xist, Connections, Cohesion, Celebrity, SOB, Evolve
Pheromone Treasures: Alpha Treasures, Aura of Aminity
09-11-2015 9:25 PM
blitz
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 18
Thanks received:
150 thanks in 55 posts

09-11-2015 10:39 PM

I've tried soultans oud oil, milfs loved it but i'm way to young for that scent.

I will say that it projects very well, I took 3 or 4 steps into the grocery store and the woman working in the floral area said wow you smell amazing and started playing with her hair. She was about 15-20 feet away.
09-11-2015 10:39 PM
Futureman
If not now, where?

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 47
Thanks received:
116 thanks in 62 posts

09-24-2015 2:26 PM

Yep. I like PXS products quite a bit, but their fragrances are disappointing. I have SOB in P/N. It's weird, but easily masked with a compatible cologne. And Ascend Oil in Sultans Oud is decent provided that you're OK with patchouli. I would like to see them overhaul the whole scent line in order to complement an otherwise great product line.

Apex: Core, CV4, Mx3, Style (sample)
LAL: Wolf*, Primitive, NA
LPMP: Voracious*
Pheromone Treasures: GOA, AOA, TS, THU (sample)
PXS: Xist*, Taboo, Ascend (oil), Evolve (oil; sample)*, Cohesion (sample)

* = huge favorite Beer
09-24-2015 2:26 PM

Ekscentra
Foremost Eccentric

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1269
Thanks received:
1177 thanks in 737 posts

09-24-2015 6:03 PM

I love Patchouli, but there is none in Sultan's Oud, not even a hint. It's mostly composed of unconvincing synthetics that don't even begin to resemble the real thing.
09-24-2015 6:03 PM

Share This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  XS cover scents & their commercial equivalents Ancillian 10 229 11-08-2015 10:09 PM
Last Post: Ekscentra
  Cover Scents and the Efficacy of Diluted XS Products NuTrix 16 2,334 08-09-2014 8:33 AM
Last Post: NuTrix
  Cohesion cover scents bruceleestatus 7 959 10-22-2012 8:13 PM
Last Post: Mars82
  Cover Scents - IMAGES idle 2 591 10-21-2012 2:21 PM
Last Post: SteveO