Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

PTSD / Trauma Is Contagious, Can Be Transmitted Via Odor/pheromones
theLaw

Sex: Male

Rep Post

PTSD / Trauma Is Contagious, Can Be Transmitted Via Odor/pheromones
02-20-2018 8:44 PM

Quote:This is an amazing study, which goes a long way in confirming what has been anecdotally known for centuries - bad experiences affect not only the individual experiencing them but everybody else this traumatized individual is in closed contact with. With one exception - psychopaths - who are largely immune to the induction of both first-hand and second-hand traumatic memories. In addition, the study shows that the trauma can be transmitted more than one individual away - i.e. the second-hand traumatized individual can traumatize a third or even further away removed individual. I don't know how far this "virulence" of trauma extends but the study makes it sound like there is no real limit to distance of propagation. This reminds of the older studies done in the 60s and 70s, which showed that medical staff working long shifts in hospitals with specific patients tend to acquire and even die of the same condition as their patients. This seems to be especially true of cancer and psychiatric conditions, but I suspect is present in all disease as the alarm signal does not discriminate among diseases.

The study also shows that the activation of the brain region responsible for releasing CRH is needed for both the induction of PTSD in the subject and the release of the "trauma" pheromone. While the study does not mention what that "trauma" pheromone might be, I suspect that it is a mix of oxytocin/estrogen/cortisol. Besides the obvious involvement of CRH (which stimulates cortisol release), in the studied mice the trauma signal was mostly released from the neck/genital area where oxytocin and estrogen are most likely to accumulate. In addition, humans exposed to oxytocin respond respond with elevated oxytocin levels themselves and activation of HPTA (cortisol). The good news is that pregnenolone should be able to block some of that pathway (CRH), as shown in another study I posted some time ago.

Pregnenolone Is The Most Potent Inhibitor Of The Stress Signal (CRH)
If oxytocin/estrogen/cortisol are involved in that "trauma" virulence signal then progesterone (or androgens) may also help limit the infectiousness of the traumatic experience and protect the larger populace as progesterone is known to block the oxytocin/estrogen/cortisol triad.

[Image: tumblr_lfrth6EtPy1qb7hapo1_500.gif]

Signatures are forum-cancer.Scout
02-20-2018 8:44 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BigDickBandit420

Rep Post

RE: PTSD / Trauma Is Contagious, Can Be Transmitted Via Odor/pheromones
02-20-2018 8:53 PM

Interesting. Pregnenolone might be a major key to helping people overcome it.

We are all connected through the collective consciousness too, and I can feel a lot of people's emotions through this field. Their anxiety, happiness, nervousness I can feel it to a certain degree. It can spread like that as well.
(This post was last modified: 02-20-2018 8:53 PM by BigDickBandit420.)
02-20-2018 8:53 PM
Vincent_Vega
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

02-21-2018 2:08 AM

(02-20-2018 8:53 PM)BigDickBandit420 Wrote:  Interesting. Pregnenolone might be a major key to helping people overcome it.

We are all connected through the collective consciousness too, and I can feel a lot of people's emotions through this field. Their anxiety, happiness, nervousness I can feel it to a certain degree. It can spread like that as well.

Are you into Hermetics?
02-21-2018 2:08 AM
nephil
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

07-22-2018 3:21 PM

Oddly enough neno just gives me fatigue, even worse than Androstadienone fatigue.
07-22-2018 3:21 PM

Share This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  What Is Body Odor (B.O.)? What Causes Body Odor? (Medical News Today) Forum Staff 0 1,603 12-14-2009 9:03 AM
Last Post: Forum Staff