Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

New editor is now installed
mark-in-dallas
Dumb Guy That Pays The Bills

Sex: Male

New editor is now installed
12-12-2009 6:57 PM

Hey folks, in case you haven't already noticed, the new editor is now installed!  You should not get anymore "Missing Message" errors, or have any other problems with this editor, but if you do please let us know.

There is no more switching between rich text and normal text (blue or gray MS word icon) to paste pictures or text.

The only differences you'll really notice is that when copying and pasting, you'll get a message asking if you want to allow access to the clipboard.  Answer yes and your image or text should paste fine.  Answer no and nothings gonna happen.  The reason for this is that ANYTIME you copy anything, it is stored to your clipboard and waiting for you to decide what to do with it.  The editor is simply asking if you want to allow it to access the info you copied to the clipboard in order to paste it into your post.

You still cannot copy and paste images or html into the Quick Reply box, but it does have does have the old mybb code editor and you can now use Quick Reply to quote other posts.  Just use the mult quote button for posts you want to quote from, then at the bottom of the Quick Reply box ytou'll see this: "
You have selected one or more posts to quote. Quote these post now or deselect them." 

The only thing we've lost is that the Private Message system no longer has the ability to copy and paste images or html into PM's.

But, at least we're not going to be spending a bunch of time anymore typing posts, only to see them vanish into thin air!

The older I get the less threatening a life sentence sounds

Sympathy for the Devil only results in victimized angels.
12-12-2009 6:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mtnjim
Curmudgen

Rep Post

RE: New editor is now installed
12-15-2009 1:56 PM

I was trying to post a reply to C Moon's intro and got the "Message Missing" error, same happened in this thread. The "Quick Reply" did work though.

To stay young requires unceasing cultivation of the ability to unlearn old falsehoods.
---Lazerous Long
12-15-2009 1:56 PM
mark-in-dallas

12-15-2009 3:57 PM

Try clearing your cache. I hammered on this editor before incorporating it onto the forum and could not make it lose a message.

12-15-2009 3:57 PM
Mtnjim
Curmudgen

Rep Post

12-15-2009 5:02 PM

I'll try that.

To stay young requires unceasing cultivation of the ability to unlearn old falsehoods.
---Lazerous Long
12-15-2009 5:02 PM
Phya
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

12-17-2009 3:26 AM

Cool, I said this elsewhere, but this new editor works well. Thanks for making the change Mark.

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma... which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary."
-Steve Jobs
12-17-2009 3:26 AM

mark-in-dallas

12-17-2009 9:11 AM

Anytime Phya. I was getting sick of spending a 1/2 typing up something, only to see the MIssing Message error myself!

One thing I have noticed with this edito is that sometimes when you hit reply or edit the editor wil open with the text formatted as html, instead of in a WYSIYG (what you see is what you get) mode. But, if you open it again, it is usually fine. No clue why, but nothing I can do anything about either.

12-17-2009 9:11 AM
Niatalya
Contributes Regularly

Sex: Female

Rep Post

12-18-2009 3:38 PM

I just realize the snow flakes follow the direction of the mouse, very nice touch Mark! Now I can't stop playing with it lol.

(This post was last modified: 12-18-2009 3:38 PM by Niatalya.)
12-18-2009 3:38 PM
Bella
Away
Serious Poster

Sex: Female

Rep Post

12-18-2009 5:04 PM

About the snow...:rolleyes:

We're expecting a noreaster...gusts of wind up to 40 mph...8-14 inches of snow in addition to what's falling here at PheroTruth! It's fine as long as you've got your shovel! So start diggin', Cowboy! :D

Bella

12-18-2009 5:04 PM
mark-in-dallas

12-18-2009 5:33 PM

Yeah right! Remember, I live in Texas, where if we get any snow at all it's usually gone within an hour or 2. I can remember once in the last 12 years that the snow lasted for a full day, but never beyond that.

But, you're welcome to our 110 degree summer days at 95% humidity!

12-18-2009 5:33 PM
Domnk
In Love with Pheromones!

Rep Post

02-02-2010 8:49 AM

Hello Mark,

I can't seem to use the forum, as is, recently.

You see, whenever I try and post, once I push preview or post reply I get the "Missing Message" errors, and if I quote something it holds onto the quote no matter if I edit it in the main text box, and that will be the only thing that shows up.

The only way I can seem to post is by setting the Page Style in the View menu in Mozilla to No Style, and then typing everything in on the first little box underneath the main text box. It's really an eye strain, :blush:.

I also can't cut and paste anything with my mouse in the main text box, I receive another error message, I have to use the keyboard shortcuts.

So, that's what I've got going on.. oh, also, when I push the "View All" javascript link for the smilies, nothing seems to happen Sad

I don't know if it's just my computer or Mozilla not being compatable with a change made on the site, but something seems to have changed with the compatibity on one or both ends.

Thanks for reading,

Dominick

02-02-2010 8:49 AM

Share This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Back To Basics With Original Editor mark-in-dallas 2 2,270 02-13-2010 4:21 PM
Last Post: Bosshank
  New editor! mark-in-dallas 2 2,879 12-04-2009 2:50 PM
Last Post: DaveRam