Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New York Intense (EDP) by Parfums De Nicolai
Abraxas
Contributes Regularly

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 18
Thanks received:
30 thanks in 17 posts

New York Intense (EDP) by Parfums De Nicolai
06-11-2016 10:43 AM

Hi fragheads,

I recently ordered lots of samples from Luckyscent and found a couple new ones (to me) I really like...

...one, which I am going to purchase, being New York Intense by Perfums De Nicololai. Now here´s my question; on Luckyscent the notes that are listed are somewhat different than on the website that I think is Nicolais perfumerys own;

(Nicolai)

luckyscent:

what could be the reason for this? Has it been reformulated recently? In case of reformulations, I think the newest version is available on their own site, where as different distributors such as luckyscent may have older versions in their stock? I am asking because I live in Europe, so it makes sense to order directly from Nicolai to avoid unnecessary postage+custom fees (about same price otherwise),not to mention waiting time...however, my sample is from Luckyscent and that is the one/formula I love and want. I am wondering what is the best way to proceed...I don´t want to risk for getting different formulation but also want to avoid ordering from US base site if possible. Do you guys know about the possible reformulation in this one? Or is there another explanation for the differentiation on notes listed on those two sites...? Any words of wisdom appreciated...thanks.

- The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom -
A Lion doesn´t concern himself with opinions of sheep
(This post was last modified: 06-11-2016 11:04 AM by Abraxas.)
06-11-2016 10:43 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Ekscentra

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1985
Thanks received:
2334 thanks in 1320 posts

RE: New York Intense (EDP) by Parfums De Nicolai
06-11-2016 1:28 PM

Try it and see - no one has mentioned the slightest suspicion of reformulation that I've read about.
06-11-2016 1:28 PM
Abraxas
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks received:
30 thanks in 17 posts

06-11-2016 2:23 PM

(06-11-2016 1:28 PM)Ekscentra Wrote:  Try it and see - no one has mentioned the slightest suspicion of reformulation that I've read about.

Thanks Ekscentra, good to know. It´s just bit confusing to read different notes listed on diffferent sites about the same perfume. I thought Luckyscent gets the notes directly from the house.

Anyways, I may order a 30ml bottle first from the Nicolai website to see if it´s the same juice that I have sample of (from Luckyscent) and if it is I can always order a 100ml or even 250ml later on...still cheaper AND faster to pay postal fees and wait twice from EU based site than it is once from Luckyscent.

(This post was last modified: 06-11-2016 2:29 PM by Abraxas.)
06-11-2016 2:23 PM
Alphonse
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 79
Thanks received:
687 thanks in 230 posts

06-11-2016 3:19 PM

OP,

It's very common to see different scent note pyramids given that fragrance houses rarely release full or accurate scent notes, and many suppliers such as Lucky Scent will have their own inhouse "noses" who will create their own scent pyramid based onn their own experience of the fragrance.

A.
06-11-2016 3:19 PM
Thanks given by Ekscentra, Abraxas
Abraxas
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks received:
30 thanks in 17 posts

06-12-2016 2:03 PM

(06-11-2016 3:19 PM)Alphonse Wrote:  OP,

It's very common to see different scent note pyramids given that fragrance houses rarely release full or accurate scent notes, and many suppliers such as Lucky Scent will have their own inhouse "noses" who will create their own scent pyramid based onn their own experience of the fragrance.

A.

Thank you Alphonse, that is a very valuable post. I´m rather new to niche perfums and so far I haven´t had a need to dig into information of this sort. Tho I have been aware of the reformulations of designer perfums for long time, hence the worry about the possibe reformulation in this case as well...anyways, seems that it is then safe to go straight to the big bottle, directly from the website of Nicolai...
Thanks again A.

(This post was last modified: 06-12-2016 2:05 PM by Abraxas.)
06-12-2016 2:03 PM

Share This Thread