Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

New Mood Review by Onnit Labs
LL21
Serious Poster

Sex: Male

Rep Post

New Mood Review by Onnit Labs
02-04-2013 4:14 AM

Here is a my ongoing review of New Mood by Onnit Labs. I know that people on this forum love the specifics. So I'll give them just that with the review. If you don't care about the nerdy parts skip the Ingredients section.

Website description:
New MOODâ„¢ by Onnitâ„¢ Labs is a serotonin-boosting supplement aimed at elevating a positive affective state and promoting restful sleep. The New MOODâ„¢ formula includes neurotransmitter precursors with the co-factor vitamin B6, catalyzing the synthesis of serotonin in the brain. Additionally, four natural extracts, with a long tradition of reducing stress and combating poor sleep, are paired with two essential vitamins and magnesium to promote a mental state of calmness and well-being.

Ingredients:
5-HTP: Direct precursor of the neurotransmitter serotonin, aids in positive mood.
L-Tryptophan: Found commonly in turkey, aids in restfulness and converts to 5-HTP." 
Magnesium: Calming, anti-stress mineral helpful for muscular hydration." 
Vitamin B-6: Vital for the conversion of 5-HTP to serotonin and myriad other reactions." 
Niacin: Essential vasodilator, brings nutrient rich blood flow to the skin and brain." 
Vitamin D-3: The "sunlight" vitamin, linked to overall health and positive mood." 
Chamomile: The most popular relaxation herb in the world." 
Valerian Root: A clinically investigated sleep inducing nutrient." 
Lemon Balm: A mild traditional mood-enhancing herb that is part of the mint family." 
Jujube: A traditional anti-stress and relaxation extract, also known as zyzyphus." 

My sleep schedule is wack. I've always had some type of sleeping issue, I think part of it is genetic since my mother has sleeping pills but I can't confirm that. I sleep 6 hours most of the time and I'm okay but I have problems going to bed at night and sometimes end up sleeping at 5-6 am more frequently lately. On busy days/ big projects days I've ignored sleep entirely because I won't wake up on time and wait till the end of the day and sleep 14+ hours. I didn't have a humidifier in my room and that was havoc on my sleep. I forgot how much humidity in the air can help sleeping.I'm living in cold climate midwest and the heat in the house takes out the humdity in the air.

So last night I took 1 Alpha Brain Pill in the early evening( 6 hours before taking new mood) , had a humidifier blasting in my room and decided I was restless so I took 2 new mood Pills to calm down and fall asleep.

Holy shit was this combo effective for sleeping peacefully, the last thing I remember was turning off the lights and curling up in my comforter. I only slept for 5 hours but it was super deep sleep. A friend called and woke me up but I was calm. It felt like I just woke up from a trance. It was definitely a zen effect, I was still feeling new mood because I'm a grumpy person when I wake due to lack of good sleep. It chilled me out and I was suprised at the effectiveness of it. I had no problem getting out of bed either. I almost never get sleep this good even compared to hibernating for longer periods.Although this isn't an every day product I am going to use it to help me regulate my sleep schedule and calm down from stressful situations. It was different than just taking magnesium because I've taken 500 mg of magnesium to help me sleep and it didn't feel like this.

I'll continue the testing anytime I'm stressed out but this was surprisingly effective in relaxing and increasing quality of sleep.

Fear is the greatest obstacle to learning but fear is your best friend. Fear is like fire, if you learn to control it, you let it work for you: it can warm you in the winter, give you light when you are in the dark, and produce energy. If you don’t control it, it’ll destroy you and everything around you.You must understand Fear so you can manipulate it, because if you don’t you won’t be able to achieve your objective or save your life. - Cus D'Amato (The trainer that made Mike Tyson a Champion)
02-04-2013 4:14 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
alex052478
Getting comfortable

Sex:

Rep Post

RE: New Mood Review by Onnit Labs
02-04-2013 5:42 AM

Oh my I just may refer this to all my fellow insomniac buddies. I've had the same problem sleep for abut 5 hours if can stay up or just avoid sleep in general and knock out for extended periods of time.

You say it was a more "potent" sleep? If so 2x 3x etc.

It seems they did their work well since the ingredients listed would also help people with Sleep Apnea if the amounts of D3 and B6 aren't just complete fodder to all the others.

Well my name is Alex I'm rolling Dirty and get ready for my journal coming soon.
02-04-2013 5:42 AM
LL21
Serious Poster

Rep Post

02-04-2013 11:40 AM

The sleep was more 3x as good, It was like vacation sleep.You know the sleep where you wake up feeling amazing and you don't care what time it is or how much you slept. It felt like I slept for 10+ hours. That sleep was better than the extended sleep times that I've had. Once again though the Alpha Brain that I took early that evening might have had an effect as well. It is recommended that you take it 4-6 hours before you sleep.

Fear is the greatest obstacle to learning but fear is your best friend. Fear is like fire, if you learn to control it, you let it work for you: it can warm you in the winter, give you light when you are in the dark, and produce energy. If you don’t control it, it’ll destroy you and everything around you.You must understand Fear so you can manipulate it, because if you don’t you won’t be able to achieve your objective or save your life. - Cus D'Amato (The trainer that made Mike Tyson a Champion)
02-04-2013 11:40 AM
LL21
Serious Poster

Rep Post

02-05-2013 4:03 PM

I just had to try New Mood again to see what type of results I would have. I had amazing sleep again, this time I got a full nights sleep 8-9 hours and it was a very natural wake up. I didn't feel like I woke up out of meditation like the last time but I also got more sleep. I think my first post was a result of me being asleep during the deepest part of my REM cycle and someone waking me up during it.While the last time I took it I think I woke up at the lightest part of the sleep cycle which is natural. I would recommend New Mood as a natural Alternative to commercial sleeping pills

I eventually want to test taking an Alpha Brain and New Mood at the same time as well as playing with the amounts of each that I take. I want to see how that affects the sleep.

I'm going to post something that helps explain sleep cycles I've learned a lot about sleeping and Brain waves and how it relates to sleeping and which Brain waves promote better memory but its been awhile. Eventually I'm going to train myself to lucid dream on command without pills.

02-05-2013 4:03 PM

Shcshc11
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

04-05-2013 11:58 AM

I have new mood as well but personally, I haven't felt anything extraordinary or that different.

========================================​========
Stash: Nude, Nuda Alpha, Cops, Max T-150, AV, Connection, Ascend, Cohesion, SOB, SXD-9, Corporativo, Bad Wolf
04-05-2013 11:58 AM
LL21
Serious Poster

Rep Post

05-05-2013 2:47 AM

(04-05-2013 11:58 AM)Shcshc11 Wrote:  I have new mood as well but personally, I haven't felt anything extraordinary or that different.

When I used new mood that first time it was a combination of 1 Alpha brain earlier on and new mood. Taking it on an empty stomach will make a difference.

See if amping up the magnesium does anything for you, magnesium might help you sleep. It's a very natural tired with magnesium, you can fight it if you must but it'll help take you to sleep. It already has magnesium in it but I haven't seen any negative side effects or read anything that warns people about it.

(This post was last modified: 05-05-2013 2:48 AM by LL21.)
05-05-2013 2:47 AM
riverofthoughts
Checking out the place

Sex:

Rep Post

05-28-2013 10:23 PM

New Mood works wonders for me as well... only problem is i can only sleep 5hrs and then im awake ready to do something.
05-28-2013 10:23 PM
thisguy
Getting comfortable

Rep Post

06-25-2013 2:20 PM

I've tried Onnit's new mood and alpha brain, both are great products. In terms of sleeping.. I like muscle pharms zma/melatonin product as it's a bit cheaper / lasts longer.
06-25-2013 2:20 PM

Share This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Hemp Force protein by Onnit lostlibra74 9 7,359 09-20-2012 10:48 PM
Last Post: LL21