Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My Stank
lostlibra74
Contributes Regularly

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 50
Thanks received:
257 thanks in 149 posts

RE: My Stank
09-04-2012 7:33 PM

awesome post. ordering another sampler now..
awesome post. ordering another sampler now..

http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Here-goes-n...lpha-libra

Chemlab:
Acqua Vitae
Evolve
Nude Alpha Sample
Alpha Maschio Sample
Lucky 7 sample
Odyssey sample
L2K
A1

On the way:
Wolf
(This post was last modified: 09-04-2012 7:33 PM by lostlibra74.)
09-04-2012 7:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
2Soon2Care
Serious Poster

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 245
Thanks received:
607 thanks in 325 posts

09-04-2012 8:22 PM

Yay! My avatar says it all, hoarding knowledge is a fool's quest

I'll spray anything apparently...
09-04-2012 8:22 PM
lostlibra74
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks received:
257 thanks in 149 posts

09-04-2012 8:25 PM

(09-04-2012 8:22 PM)2Soon2Care Wrote:  Yay! My avatar says it all, hoarding knowledge is a fool's quest

Well based on the knowledge you and Shelly shared, here's what I have on the way...(threw the Dark Blue in there just for kicks when I couldn't find anything else.)

Aventus type for men
Kouros type for men
Mambotype for men
Bulgari type formen
Dark Blue type formen

Chemlab:
Acqua Vitae
Evolve
Nude Alpha Sample
Alpha Maschio Sample
Lucky 7 sample
Odyssey sample
L2K
A1

On the way:
Wolf
09-04-2012 8:25 PM
Thanks given by Shelly B

Shelly B
Serious Poster

Sex: Female

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1034
Thanks received:
1633 thanks in 649 posts

09-04-2012 8:33 PM

(09-04-2012 8:25 PM)lostlibra74 Wrote:  Well based on the knowledge you and Shelly shared, here's what I have on the way...(threw the Dark Blue in there just for kicks when I couldn't find anything else.)

Aventus type for men
Kouros type for men
Mambotype for men
Bulgari type formen
Dark Blue type formen

Those are good choices - I'll be particularly interested in what you think of Aventus, Kouros, and Bulgari....Aventus and Bulgari as I love Creed and Bulgari in general - and Kouros as its a LOVE it or HATE it but no inbetweens...

My Best,
Shelly B
09-04-2012 8:33 PM
lostlibra74
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks received:
257 thanks in 149 posts

09-04-2012 8:49 PM

(09-04-2012 8:33 PM)Shelly B Wrote:  Those are good choices - I'll be particularly interested in what you think of Aventus, Kouros, and Bulgari....Aventus and Bulgari as I love Creed and Bulgari in general - and Kouros as its a LOVE it or HATE it but no inbetweens...

I'm interested in my response too. Total fragrance n00b. I wore Pleasures in college, and Light Blue in more recent years. But that's the full extent of my scent knowledge until my descent into the 'mone rabbit hole. Intense Euphoria, Code and Only the Brave I like, probably in that order.Acqua di gio is okay. Said all that to say I'm still figuring out what I like as I go....kinda fun.

Chemlab:
Acqua Vitae
Evolve
Nude Alpha Sample
Alpha Maschio Sample
Lucky 7 sample
Odyssey sample
L2K
A1

On the way:
Wolf
09-04-2012 8:49 PM
2Soon2Care
Serious Poster

Rep Post

Thanks received:
607 thanks in 325 posts

09-04-2012 8:51 PM

Nice - when you get a wild hair, indulge yourself in some 1 ml vials of the originals and let us know how they compare?

(09-04-2012 8:25 PM)lostlibra74 Wrote:  Well based on the knowledge you and Shelly shared, here's what I have on the way...(threw the Dark Blue in there just for kicks when I couldn't find anything else.)

Aventus type for men
Kouros type for men
Mambotype for men
Bulgari type formen
Dark Blue type formen

09-04-2012 8:51 PM
lostlibra74
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks received:
257 thanks in 149 posts

09-04-2012 8:52 PM

(09-04-2012 8:51 PM)2Soon2Care Wrote:  Nice - when you get a wild hair, indulge yourself in some 1 ml vials of the originals and let us know how they compare?
I figure when I get some time in 2-3 weeks I'll figure out which ones I like best and order the originals of one or two of those. I'm not sure how well I'll do in comparing. Not sure I can really tell the breakdown of notes and such. But we'll see.

Chemlab:
Acqua Vitae
Evolve
Nude Alpha Sample
Alpha Maschio Sample
Lucky 7 sample
Odyssey sample
L2K
A1

On the way:
Wolf
09-04-2012 8:52 PM

2Soon2Care
Serious Poster

Rep Post

Thanks received:
607 thanks in 325 posts

09-04-2012 9:01 PM

Hey the only way that you find out if you are any good at it is to try! Some scent abilities are genetic others are learned supposedly. Wine "noses" like Robert Parker claim to be able to perceive the flavors and aromas of wine in three dimensions as opposed to our normal perception. Who knows what you will discover about your sensibilities.

09-04-2012 9:01 PM
Shelly B
Serious Poster

Sex: Female

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1034
Thanks received:
1633 thanks in 649 posts

09-04-2012 10:10 PM

(09-04-2012 9:01 PM)2Soon2Care Wrote:  Hey the only way that you find out if you are any good at it is to try! Some scent abilities are genetic others are learned supposedly. Wine "noses" like Robert Parker claim to be able to perceive the flavors and aromas of wine in three dimensions as opposed to our normal perception. Who knows what you will discover about your sensibilities.

Some of it comes from frequency of trying too...the longer I drank reds - the more I could swear I felt them in layers - just as now I've been at coffee this long - I swear there is a "feel" to the different types...

I honestly think that's true of perfumes and Mone's...yes - you TASTE reds and you taste coffee - but it's proven that so much of taste is actually in your smell receptors.

And I swear you can feel perfumes and Mones differently...it's not a smell - it's a weight as well. Think sillage - think syrup, think the emotions you get - almost like colors - from certain smells or mones...

I'm not describing it well at all - I feel like I'm trying to describe alchemy...

But it's like there are so many different types of honey's when you go to a gourment shop - and you smell each one...and each one is different. The blueberry honey has this teeny hit of blue to it - a tang of the berry but not quite really - just more of an echo that calls the blueberry to mind but doesn't sing the note...

The clover honey? Well clover is so heavy with pollen that clover honey - yells CLOVER- RIGHT HERE - THAT's MEEEEEEE - I'M CLOVER.

Orange Blossom Honey- the smell is tangy and magic and smells like a dream...it doesn't translate in the taste but the smell? Oh the smell...

And then there is honey comb - thick and gooey and rich...often compared to a woman's scent at various times of the month - usually by women honestly (more often than not in one of my dirty paranormal romances when someones about to get shagged senseless - fyi Werewolves do it better) not often by men....

My point being - you could say a perfume has a honey note. Really? Which honey? Blueberry, Clover, Orange Blossom or Honey Comb. They are all honey. They smell different. And they have different mouth feel. They have different nose feel. They have different sillage. But they all technically are a honey note.

The beauty of fragrance - and Mones - and ultimately - the FUN - of not simply taking a scented mone and spritzing on your way out the door - is the orchestra of what you are doing.

It's baby steps. When you first start in Mones, you buy blends. And then you get better and you start figuring out what you like - and you mix blends. And then you start adding singles to you stuff and either make your own blends or amp a blend you love by boosting a note or several notes to get where you want it to go.

With unscented mones - adding the fragrance - and making that part of your symphony - is the next step. Consider the mones plus scent plus your clothes plus your shoes plus your lipstick/makeup/hair - or just grooming if your are a man - all part of your overall game.

And if you are taking your Game to an A game - don't just wear what the vendor stuck in it as a scent package. That's fine some of the time. Look - there are days I don't want to think about it and just need to spritz and run so scented is fine. Frankly my favorite Pheromones - I have in both scented an unscented vehicles for just that reason. But if I am working my A game - it's unscented - and I'm working my fragrance too.

And if you are going to strive for an A game - don't wear what everyone else is wearing for fragrance. Why be the 10th guy in the room of 25 wearing the same currently popular scent. Why should she huff you? Why should she be deeply inhaling your phero load? You spent perfectly good money on the pay load - and spent time deciding what to wear, listening to subs - etc - don't show up in some worn by half the planet scent as your delivery vehicle.

Ok - off my soap box. I'm tired.

But I'm so excited Libra and 2Soon have got such cool orders in and I'm delighted to see your reviews. And if any of the other men have gone out and ordered similarly brave and cool stuff - I want to see your reviews too! I mean that - I think it's awesome that you guys are going out and and getting the good stuff.

TenderHeartblowkiss

My Best,
Shelly B
09-04-2012 10:10 PM
Thanks given by CanadianGuy45, Akelah, bored4life, thundr, LL21
2Soon2Care
Serious Poster

Rep Post

Thanks received:
607 thanks in 325 posts

09-04-2012 10:22 PM

Haa you wax philosophical - I had a similar series of discussions with dbot a while back on the alchemy of pheromones and I am coming to realize that I saw only a limited perspective of trying to inscribe the alchemical properties of pheromones. There certainly is a synaesthesia that may be only crudely captured by language. Hence the interest in attempting to assign an alchemical order that may describe attributes and effects. I have no idea if it can be done, so why not try? The impossible things are the most fun!

09-04-2012 10:22 PM
Thanks given by Shelly B

Share This Thread