Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Poll: Good idea to make more threads displayed in View Today's Posts?
Yes!
No!
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
More threads in view today's posts
Arsenic
Serious Poster

Sex:

Rep Post

More threads in view today's posts
12-15-2016 12:30 AM

There's a way in MyBB to display more threads when you click on View Today's Posts. I tinkered with it a bit on an old site of mine and found that the change resulted in more members responding to more threads more often. It also gives the illusion that a higher volume of posts are being made on a regular basis so it helps retain members and encourages more newbies to sign up.

Essentially it expands the time window. Right now, VTP shows threads commented on made within a 24 hour period. What I'm suggesting it to change that number to 36 or 48 for example. I don't know the correct number here so it'll take a bit of playing with to get a number that works well for the community to display a favorable number of threads.

Just a suggestion - I can implement the change or link to documentation if this is something Pherotruth is interested in.

Current Loot (2019)
LAL: AlphaQ, BW, DP, Nude, NA, Passion Copulin, Wolf
PSX: Evolve, Ascend
Alpha Dream:Glace, Alpha Maschio
Apex: TUSC, C36

Journey into my mind
(This post was last modified: 12-15-2016 12:35 AM by Arsenic.)
12-15-2016 12:30 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mark-in-dallas
Nobody at all

Sex: Male

Rep Post

RE: More threads in view today's posts
12-15-2016 12:35 AM

That's an easy change to make, but normally we have a lot more posts in the course of a day than we've had recently. Summers always tend to slow down, and with the election season I'm thinking that had a bit to do with it too. If it doesn't start picking up at the beginning of the year that's something we can consider though.

The older I get the less threatening a life sentence sounds

Sympathy for the Devil only results in victimized angels.
12-15-2016 12:35 AM
Arsenic
Serious Poster

Sex:

Rep Post

RE: More threads in view today's posts
12-15-2016 12:39 AM

(12-15-2016 12:35 AM)mark-in-dallas Wrote:  That's an easy change to make, but normally we have a lot more posts in the course of a day than we've had recently. Summers always tend to slow down, and with the election season I'm thinking that had a bit to do with it too. If it doesn't start picking up at the beginning of the year that's something we can consider though.

I noticed that too. Seems a little too quiet around here, it's creepy really. Darn politics.

Awesome! Thanks Mark Smile

Current Loot (2019)
LAL: AlphaQ, BW, DP, Nude, NA, Passion Copulin, Wolf
PSX: Evolve, Ascend
Alpha Dream:Glace, Alpha Maschio
Apex: TUSC, C36

Journey into my mind
12-15-2016 12:39 AM

Share This Thread