Hello There, Guest! Register

Or login with , or

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Mixing equipment for pheromone mixes
Fly So Hi
Jr. Researcher

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1513
Thanks received:
827 thanks in 428 posts

Mixing equipment for pheromone mixes
02-28-2011 8:39 PM

Hi!

My first bottle of pheromones haven't even arrived and i'm already thinking about making new mixes, thinking of names for them and already thinking of bottle labels!

Hey, that's just me! Dont mention

So i started to search on the internet for precision droppers, and ended up wanting to buy a and some tubes.

Here's on pipettes and pipetting.

I've found out that you can buy a good micropipette for something around US$ 100,00, and 500 eppendorf tubes for about US$ 20,00.

I'm definitely going to buy those in the future, when i have a great collection of pheromones! I'll just pretend to be J.V. Kohl. :laugh4:

It's a very precise way of measuring your mixes, since you can work with measures like 2uL (two microliters).

Just for the record, although it may vary with pressure, temperature, etc, a drop of liquid is something between 40uL and 50uL on average.

That said, it proves itself to be a very good investment because you can work on the 'fraction-of-a-drop' level. That means you can buy a little "" bottle or get that sample vial and use it for hundreds of mixes. It means, even with that tiny liquid remain on the bottom of your mone bottle, you can make some drops of a brand new mix and try it out before ordering a full bottle again. And that in just a few minutes!

For now, i'll just order on Tecra Tools. It costs US$ 4,50 and has a needle droplet tip. Seems to be quit precise for the average guy like myself who just want to play with some mones.

Hope it helps! Smile

Bye! Bye

FSH
02-28-2011 8:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Share This Thread

Messages In This Thread
Mixing equipment for pheromone mixes - Fly So Hi - 02-28-2011 8:39 PM