Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Missing message?
zeph
=]

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Missing message?
09-19-2009 4:11 AM

So I tried to reply to Esmerelda's post on "Lip Gloss" but whenever I tried, it wouldn't show up the way I wrote it and it would give me an error message of "missing message" even when i had wrote plenty in the message box. Anyone have this issue or does my browser/computer/internet hate me? Going to just send her my reply via PM.
Ok, I can't even send her a PM. Gives me the same error, missing message.
(This post was last modified: 09-19-2009 4:12 AM by zeph.)
09-19-2009 4:11 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mark-in-dallas
Nobody at all

Rep Post

RE: Missing message?
09-19-2009 9:59 AM

(09-19-2009 4:11 AM)zeph Wrote:  So I tried to reply to Esmerelda's post on "Lip Gloss" but whenever I tried, it wouldn't show up the way I wrote it and it would give me an error message of "missing message" even when i had wrote plenty in the message box. Anyone have this issue or does my browser/computer/internet hate me? Going to just send her my reply via PM.

Ok, I can't even send her a PM. Gives me the same error, missing message.

How are you replying. Are you clickiing "Reply", "Add Reply" or using the Quick Reply field? That
can help me look into it. There was a glitch with the "Font Size" function that would generate that errror so I removed it from the editor, but font size can still be changed manually with size tags.

I hammered on this editor pretty hard in Firefox, and I.E. 7 and 8 to make sure that it would work with the script, and couldn't find any other bugs.

The older I get the less threatening a life sentence sounds

Sympathy for the Devil only results in victimized angels.
09-19-2009 9:59 AM
zeph
=]

Rep Post

09-19-2009 12:56 PM

(09-19-2009 9:59 AM)mark-in-dallas Wrote:  How are you replying. Are you clickiing "Reply", "Add Reply" or using the Quick Reply field? That
can help me look into it. There was a glitch with the "Font Size" function that would generate that errror so I removed it from the editor, but font size can still be changed manually with size tags.

I hammered on this editor pretty hard in Firefox, and I.E. 7 and 8 to make sure that it would work with the script, and couldn't find any other bugs.

I used the reply with quote and regular add reply when the reply with quote function did not work. I copied and pasted the reply when I tried the add reply function.
09-19-2009 12:56 PM
mark-in-dallas
Nobody at all

Rep Post

09-19-2009 1:59 PM

Odd, but it seems to have worked for you now. If you werre replying yesterday it's possible that you were doing so while I was making the modifications to the editors. Let me know if you if you keep having problems.

If it seems to be working ok for you know, I would still recommend that at least for your next couple of post you copy the text before hitting submit. I lost many posts over at the other PT by accidentally hitting my back button and know how frustrating it can be to write a long post and watch it disappear.

To copy your text you will need to change the Editor Mode by clicking on the Microsoft Word icon at the top right and switch from Rich Text to BB Code though. And in normal text mode images and links cannot be pasted directly into the editor. But, you can paste in Rich Text mode, then switch to Normal Text and copy your post, and you will not lose anything. [Image: 21.gif]

The older I get the less threatening a life sentence sounds

Sympathy for the Devil only results in victimized angels.
09-19-2009 1:59 PM

Share This Thread