Hello There, Guest! Register

Or login with , or

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Meo Est - Toxicity?
Gslinger
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 79
Thanks received:
182 thanks in 45 posts

Meo Est - Toxicity?
11-26-2011 8:42 PM

Hi guys, I've gone through most posts on these boards as well as that on the ptalk board. Does anyone know if Meo Est or specifically the Methoxyestratetraenone that's being more commonly used in the products as well as single molecules that's being sold by pheromone companies and labs is toxic?

What is the general consensus or the leading and highest possibility? Is it cancerous? What does toxic mean? Can it be absorbed into our blood stream?

Its one heck of a great molecule and I really loved it up till when I started seeing the various posts on its toxicity. I'd like to know for sure I'm not caught in a situation where the risks outweigh the rewards, can anyone shed any light on this?
11-26-2011 8:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

dbot
Street Psychologist

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1950
Thanks received:
1925 thanks in 812 posts

RE: Meo Estratetraenol - Toxicity?
11-26-2011 8:53 PM

Tisha claims the stuff is found in humans only in cancerous breast tissue. She got this idea from Diane, of Paradise7, who generally has a good grasp of the literature, but I am not aware of the source of the info and a search of Pubmed for "methoxyestratetraenone" turns up no results. Even if it is only produced by cancerous breast tissue. there is no reason to suspect that it might somehow cause breast cancer.

But it probably does have some estrogenic activity, so I'd avoid using it on a very regular basis, lest ye gain weight and develop sensitive nipples Wink

One thing the pheromone community suffers from far too much of is people developing very strong opinions based on minimal information, and repeating those opinions in increasingly fervent and persuasive ways.
(This post was last modified: 11-26-2011 8:55 PM by dbot.)
11-26-2011 8:53 PM
Thanks given by photogeek, Pheroquirk, paradigmshift, mark-in-dallas, Beccah, Gslinger, oms123
photogeek
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 71
Thanks received:
52 thanks in 30 posts

11-26-2011 9:17 PM

(11-26-2011 8:53 PM)dbot Wrote:  Tisha claims the stuff is found in humans only in cancerous breast tissue. She got this idea from Diane, of Paradise7, who generally has a good grasp of the literature, but I am not aware of the source of the info and a search of Pubmed for "methoxyestratetraenone" turns up no results. Even if it is only produced by cancerous breast tissue. there is no reason to suspect that it might somehow cause breast cancer.

But it probably does have some estrogenic activity, so I'd avoid using it on a very regular basis, lest ye gain weight and develop sensitive nipples Wink

One thing the pheromone community suffers from far too much of is people developing very strong opinions based on minimal information, and repeating those opinions in increasingly fervent and persuasive ways.

And folks banging on about medical advice when they...wait..*gasps* aren't doctors! Not a dig at you dbot, just towards folks that like to give the all knowing attitude without at least some research. That's one of the things I like about this place, so many people do their own research and we have the vendors posting here as well, lending their experience.

As far as the OP goes, I'd go with what dbot says. I've only ever used Methoxyestratetraenone in true love and so far I haven't had any results with it (too cold for the oil version), so I'm holding off on it for the time being.
11-26-2011 9:17 PM
Thanks given by dbot
NewAlpha
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 518
Thanks received:
330 thanks in 139 posts

RE: Meo Est - Toxicity?
11-26-2011 9:49 PM

Assuming there MAY be some form of toxicity, I wonder if spraying it on clothes to avoid direct contact with the skin, would help...Confused
11-26-2011 9:49 PM
dbot
Street Psychologist

Rep Post

Thanks received:
1925 thanks in 812 posts

11-26-2011 10:04 PM

@NewAlpha - If there is, it will, but probably at the expense of diffusion. Maybe spraying it on top of an undershirt, where it would still be exposed to a good amount of body heat?
(This post was last modified: 11-26-2011 11:27 PM by dbot.)
11-26-2011 10:04 PM

Alpha Dream
Vendor

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 405
Thanks received:
2419 thanks in 503 posts

11-26-2011 10:18 PM

Meo-estratetraenone may very well be estrogenic. From what I know of steroid metabolism, 3-methoxy is reduced to 3-hydroxy. 3-hydroxy-estratetraenone is equilin, a horse steroid which is used for human postmenapausal therapy in the pharmaceutical 'Premarin.' Equilin and the entire estratetraenone family is all bad in my opinion - Their pheromone effect is too weak and side effects too great to be used in a responsible formula, in my humble opinion.

3-methoxy-estratetraenol should be relatively safe, from what I understand. The parent compound has been safetly used in perfumes for 20+ years with no adverse effects.

I doubt either are any more cancerous than the estradiol in your body. Estradiol is actually a natural carcinogen (targeting breasts) which both men's but especially women's bodies naturally produce in abundance. Even our own bodies synthesize carcinogens..
(This post was last modified: 11-26-2011 10:32 PM by Alpha Dream.)
11-26-2011 10:18 PM
Thanks given by dbot, Pheroman, NewAlpha, paradigmshift, idontknow, mark-in-dallas, Pheroquirk, Beccah, Gslinger, JohnnyHard
dbot
Street Psychologist

Rep Post

Thanks received:
1925 thanks in 812 posts

11-26-2011 10:30 PM

Thanks for sharing your insights, Chris.

I've been very curious about methoxy-estratetraenol. Can you say more about the parent compound being used in perfumes. Also, have you had a chance to experiment with this one for pheromonal properties?
11-26-2011 10:30 PM
Alpha Dream
Vendor

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 405
Thanks received:
2419 thanks in 503 posts

11-26-2011 11:15 PM

(11-26-2011 10:30 PM)dbot Wrote:  Can you say more about the parent compound being used in perfumes.

the parent compound is estratetraenol Smile

(11-26-2011 10:30 PM)dbot Wrote:  Also, have you had a chance to experiment with this one for pheromonal properties?

The only one who makes it is (also known as ) .. Never had the pleasure of working with these guys... But from what I read, meo-estratetraenol is interesting stuff...
(This post was last modified: 11-26-2011 11:24 PM by Alpha Dream.)
11-26-2011 11:15 PM
Thanks given by dbot, idontknow, Gslinger
Pagodeiro
Administrator

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1000
Thanks received:
2128 thanks in 930 posts

11-27-2011 9:37 AM

(11-26-2011 8:42 PM)Gslinger Wrote:  Hi guys, I've gone through most posts on these boards as well as that on the ptalk board. Does anyone know if Meo Estratetraenol or specifically the Methoxyestratetraenone that's being more commonly used in the products as well as single molecules that's being sold by pheromone companies and labs is toxic?

What is the general consensus or the leading and highest possibility? Is it cancerous? What does toxic mean? Can it be absorbed into our blood stream?

Its one heck of a great molecule and I really loved it up till when I started seeing the various posts on its toxicity. I'd like to know for sure I'm not caught in a situation where the risks outweigh the rewards, can anyone shed any light on this?

Gslinger ..... have you been using Methoxy- estratetraenol from TP ?

or are you referring to Methoxyestratetraenone ? when you say that it´s on heck of a great molecule ?

Pago

just away ... Anyone
11-27-2011 9:37 AM

mark-in-dallas
Administrator

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 779
Thanks received:
1974 thanks in 941 posts

11-27-2011 10:10 AM

dbot was right, in that Diane had a bad response to Methoxyestratetraenone and for that reason she decided to dig up any dirt she could find on it and preach it as gospel. And, Tisha latched on to that OPINION.

Then there was that Methoxyestratetraenone was sold by Androtics in their experimone series, and Diane's venomous hatred for them didn't help its cause.

Diane may be well studied in microbiology, but she does not have a degree in it, nor in any other medical or scientific field of study that I am aware of. I would take any unproven statements she's made with a grain of salt.

[Image: flying_dragon.gif]
11-27-2011 10:10 AM
Thanks given by ohhmygod, idontknow, Pheroquirk, dbot, Beccah, Gslinger

Share This Thread