Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Love Potion #9 and Kingmaker Scents
Snoopyace
The Love God

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Love Potion #9 and Kingmaker Scents
11-13-2018 11:15 PM

Before I go any further, I want to stress that these are both more informational reviews of a couple of scents from LPMP and not any sort of pheromone blend.

Love Potion #9

Love Potion #9 is billed as being unisex but don't let that deter you. It was meant to be evocative of CK One and CK Be which to my nose it is similar to both without being a scent replication. It's deceptively deep as far as scent goes but do not mistake it for being a scent with many layers. It's a simple citrus musk that just smells nice and clean and about as close to a commercial scent as any LPMP product is going to get. I'd forgotten about how much i enjoyed this scent until I recently rediscovered a trial vial of this that I'd lost in the back of a drawer. It has gone quite nicely with my roll on of The Love God.

Basically, if you are looking for an LPMP cover scent that isn't 'too artisan' than this is a scent you may want to check out. It is close to commercial and a nice clean citrus musk that smells nice. Just don't expect an olfactory masterpiece. For most of us, we aren't looking for the next legendary niche scent. We are looking to smell good and it will bring in the women for a closer sniff.

I'm getting a full bottle of The Love God boosted with LP #9 scent because I do like it quite a bit and it is a clean scent that you can wear just about anywhere. It is a very potent scent, however so you may want to ask for it lightly scented if you get this as a pheromone scent boost.

Kingmaker

Another scent from LPMP that is as close to commercial as you are going to find from this company. It was designed to be a scent that was evocative of many of the popular men's commercial scents from the 80's. There isn't really any mistaking this for a men's scent. It reminds me a bit of CK Eternity but at the same time, there are hints of Obsession and others mixed in.

Very commercial-ish in scent and another scent that isn't really going to offend anyone unless you completely bathe in it, this scent is also clean and somewhat professional smelling. Another excellent option for someone looking to smell very nice without being too 'unique.'

You really cannot go too wrong with either scent if you are new to artisan fragrances and something like LP: Homme is too sweet for your tastes. LP#9 is slightly sweeter than Kingmaker but both are scents that can easily be worn when you want to smell nice and aren't too sure about taking the plunge into the artisan fragrance category.

If you are a fan of the scents of the 80's I'd also suggest trial vials of both Excalibur and especially Merlin's Blend. Unofficially, I've always thought of Merlin's Blend as being Mara's homage to Drakkar Noir, at least in spirit. Come to think of it, it's been a while since my bottle of Merlin's Blend (roll on) has seen any love. I'll have to wear that again. I also have a bottle of Merlin's Blend scent boosted with the Wanted Man phero blend. THAT is a fun time as well. I will never forget wearing that to the DMV.

“Funny guys are dangerous. They’ll make you laugh, and laugh, and laugh then boom, you are naked.”

“Charm is the way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clearly defined question” - Oscar Wilde
(This post was last modified: 11-13-2018 11:20 PM by Snoopyace.)
11-13-2018 11:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
excalibur
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

RE: Love Potion #9 and Kingmaker Scents
11-14-2018 3:57 AM

Agree King Maker scent is my favourite as well
I find when i wear a bit under my chin in the morning
it makes me wide awake and alert.

To me it smells similar to Only the brave (OTB) the original version that was
recommended by the legendary AS33156

Agree it can be worn in the office provide you dont overdo it.
11-14-2018 3:57 AM
Snakecharmer49311
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

RE: Love Potion #9 and Kingmaker Scents
11-14-2018 4:51 PM

I love Kingmaker. I feel like royalty when I wear this stuff. Dirol
11-14-2018 4:51 PM

Share This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  5/01/17 Review of Love Potion’s Copulin Cream – LPMP Honeycake 0 1,027 05-10-2017 2:25 PM
Last Post: Honeycake
  Cougar Potion Review – Love Potion Magickal Perfumerie 8/7/2014 Honeycake 7 6,318 01-28-2016 11:37 AM
Last Post: AlternativeGirl
  9-14-15 Review of Secret Sweetness in Gotcha Love Potion Magickal Perfumerie Honeycake 0 1,354 09-14-2015 6:17 AM
  9-14-15 Treasured Hearts in Terra Mater Review Love Potion Magickal Perfumerie Honeycake 0 1,138 09-14-2015 5:57 AM
  8/10/15 Happy Water 2013 Review - Love Potion Magickal Perfumerie Honeycake 0 1,033 08-11-2015 2:29 PM