Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Latest gimmick
Mtnjim
Curmudgen

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Latest gimmick
08-09-2010 1:03 PM

Seems that they have a new gimmick over there.

Quote:Oh, and all of the most dedicated phero testers now have a new name... members of the "Pheromone Detective Squad".

The really big guns who've proven their mettle (like Tacitus, PheroQuirk, Olfact Amorous, etc. etc.) get the title "Elite Detective Squad".

You can read about it in the "Store" forum. People will be falling all over themselves to get the "badge", I'm sure.

To stay young requires unceasing cultivation of the ability to unlearn old falsehoods.
---Lazerous Long
08-09-2010 1:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mark-in-dallas
Administrator

RE: Latest gimmick
08-09-2010 4:19 PM

What a joke! Hey we can do awards and usergroup names images too. I should go look around for a "No Bullshit" image. Big Grin

Nobody changes until the pain of staying the same becomes greater than the pain of change....
08-09-2010 4:19 PM
Mtnjim
Curmudgen

Rep Post

08-09-2010 5:19 PM

(08-09-2010 4:19 PM)mark-in-dallas Wrote:  What a joke! Hey we can do awards and usergroup names images too. I should go look around for a "No Bullshit" image. Big Grin

Yeah, but look at the way people get over "Rep Points".Eek

To stay young requires unceasing cultivation of the ability to unlearn old falsehoods.
---Lazerous Long
08-09-2010 5:19 PM
mikotorocks714
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

08-09-2010 7:39 PM

Eh, good thing I got over the whole pheromone craze. I mean I still use what I have and will probably still continue using them, I'm just over REALLY being into them. Pheromones aren't worth putting that much time and energy into when you could instead be working on yourself as a person than giving pheromones that much credit. Only thing that was/is worth it was getting to become online buds with a whole lot of you guys/girls.

So yeah, let them have their badge. In the end it doesn't mean shit in the real world. Er, well unless you like freebies. Dodgy
08-09-2010 7:39 PM

esmeralda
The Phero Faerie

Sex: Female

Rep Post

08-12-2010 12:13 AM

(08-09-2010 5:19 PM)Mtnjim Wrote:  Yeah, but look at the way people get over "Rep Points".Eek

Yea, I never understood that either Confused
08-12-2010 12:13 AM
Tisha
Inactive Account

Sex: Female

Rep Post

08-12-2010 5:18 AM

(08-09-2010 7:39 PM)mikotorocks714 Wrote:  Eh, good thing I got over the whole pheromone craze. I mean I still use what I have and will probably still continue using them, I'm just over REALLY being into them. Pheromones aren't worth putting that much time and energy into when you could instead be working on yourself as a person than giving pheromones that much credit. Only thing that was/is worth it was getting to become online buds with a whole lot of you guys/girls.

So yeah, let them have their badge. In the end it doesn't mean shit in the real world. Er, well unless you like freebies. Dodgy

Excellent point Miko

I think people can get sucked into all the excitement of pheromones especially over at PTalk and lose sight as to why they looked into pheromones to begin with. Hell it even happened to me.

As moderator I was spending 24/7 there through my laptop and my iphone and I finally asked my self. "Hey what the hell am I doing"

I like it here because we can look at pheromone use and self improvement as "whole" instead of just concentrating on one thing. Especially with the new sections Mark opened for us. Plus I get to see some of my favorite people here. ;)

I still visit there but not like I used to. I have to many other interests.

Tish
08-12-2010 5:18 AM
mikotorocks714
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

08-12-2010 11:20 PM

Yes, exactly Tish. I got to the point where me being all into pheromones and PT.com started somewhat controling my life. Constantly being on the forum for hours refreshing pages for new posts and even being on the forum when it was dead. I mean, it just took over me wanting to know everything about pheromones, latest products that may come out (but never did,) and many other stuff I'm sure ex-extreme fellow pheromone addicts will agree with. I mean it's OK to seek pheromone knowledge 'cause it is interesting, but when it controls you to a certain point then it's not good (and it's exhausting.)

Using them and enjoying them as a simple material object such as regular cologne/perfume is fine, but when you feel that it's the only thing you have to make you a better person or have a better life then well, there might be a problem there.

I got to that point, where I felt that all I needed was the perfect MX or homemade mix to bring all these cool things to my life, Friends, looks from girls, respect, and all that other good stuff we all wish and want for when really, if you really think about it this IS still possible wearing no pheromone at all. In other words, it's not worth putting your life on hold just for pheromones and thinking that without this tool nothing is possible. Because well, all those things pheromones can help you with ARE still possible without pheromones.

I'm not saying pheromones don't work or anything, 'cause I still use them. All I'm really trying to say is that when it starts to become an obsession it's not worth it. I've already had three people die in my family and that has helped me realize that little things like pheromones shouldn't take a chunk out of your life when there's other important stuff out there like being there for family. So yeah, enjoy pheromones just don't let them enjoy you! Have fun with them, BUT as a simple material possesion like perfume/cologne. A simple little cosmetic of sorts...

(08-12-2010 5:18 AM)Tisha Wrote:  Excellent point Miko

I think people can get sucked into all the excitement of pheromones especially over at PTalk and lose sight as to why they looked into pheromones to begin with. Hell it even happened to me.

As moderator I was spending 24/7 there through my laptop and my iphone and I finally asked my self. "Hey what the hell am I doing"

I like it here because we can look at pheromone use and self improvement as "whole" instead of just concentrating on one thing. Especially with the new sections Mark opened for us. Plus I get to see some of my favorite people here. ;)

I still visit there but not like I used to. I have to many other interests.

Tish
08-12-2010 11:20 PM
MMM

Rep Post

04-23-2016 7:38 AM

(08-12-2010 11:20 PM)mikotorocks714 Wrote:  Yes, exactly Tish. I got to the point where me being all into pheromones and PT.com started somewhat controlling my life. Constantly being on the forum for hours refreshing pages for new posts and even being on the forum when it was dead. I mean, it just took over me wanting to know everything about pheromones, latest products that may come out (but never did,) and many other stuff I'm sure ex-extreme fellow pheromone addicts will agree with. I mean it's OK to seek pheromone knowledge 'cause it is interesting, but when it controls you to a certain point then it's not good (and it's exhausting.)

Using them and enjoying them as a simple material object such as regular cologne/perfume is fine, but when you feel that it's the only thing you have to make you a better person or have a better life then well, there might be a problem there.

I got to that point, where I felt that all I needed was the perfect MX or homemade mix to bring all these cool things to my life, Friends, looks from girls, respect, and all that other good stuff we all wish and want for when really, if you really think about it this IS still possible wearing no pheromone at all. In other words, it's not worth putting your life on hold just for pheromones and thinking that without this tool nothing is possible. Because well, all those things pheromones can help you with ARE still possible without pheromones.

I'm not saying pheromones don't work or anything, 'cause I still use them. All I'm really trying to say is that when it starts to become an obsession it's not worth it. I've already had three people die in my family and that has helped me realize that little things like pheromones shouldn't take a chunk out of your life when there's other important stuff out there like being there for family. So yeah, enjoy pheromones just don't let them enjoy you! Have fun with them, BUT as a simple material possesion like perfume/cologne. A simple little cosmetic of sorts...

I saw the name Mtnjim, a name I've come to know looooooong ago. So, I peeped in, and saw this.

Does this sound like anyone YOU know? LIFE CHECK 101~ Hi

I am MORE than a sausage with feet, but you, Miss, since you're sexy, you can treat me as such if you want! ALL NIGHT LONG!! Preved
04-23-2016 7:38 AM

RussianWolf

Rep Post

04-23-2016 8:45 AM

Well, he wasn't lying when he admitted his obsession

Hold onto your beliefs loosely, and hold onto your truths tightly.
04-23-2016 8:45 AM
jb20

Sex: Often Please

Rep Post

04-23-2016 12:41 PM

It is called addiction to forums.Can happen with any kind of forum....well for some people.
04-23-2016 12:41 PM

Share This Thread