Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 2 Average
LP 2012 November Releases/Perfume Scents
NuTrix
Enjoying the Journey

Sex: Often Please

Rep Post

LP 2012 November Releases/Perfume Scents
11-25-2012 1:06 PM

EDIT: Just a quick note, these are for the women's and the Unisex scents...:EDIT

Had this in my journal but thought I'd pop it in here for easy access by any interested Smile

November 2012 releases from LP
I gave these scents a test drive. There are phero blends I haven't worn yet so I have yet to get a feel for some of them (specifically, Dominance, Topper & Swimming with Sharks) but I wanted to write up on the perfumes. So this review is solely for the scents...

1 Enduring Appeal w/Stone Cougar
In the vial my first thought was "smells like soap". Once on, you can pick out the florals and the citrus (and I believe the freesia?) and its got a "just just stepped out of the shower" smell and feel to it. Not a heavy soapy smell, a nice and light and clean, very pretty smell, perfect for the office or church or picking the kids up from school, not necessarily a night at the club scent but very nice. It has staying power too. I could still smell it on my skin in the morning and had put it on early evening the night before.
All in all lovely...but not for me.

2 Because The Night... w/La Femme Noire
OH GEEZE! This one blew out of the vial all cherries (it's the almond) and when I first put it on cherry fill the room but it quickly settled down to a sugary, vanilla almond deliciousness and hovered there that way FOREVER. My husband said I smelled like cookies and I think of great big, fat, round with a raisin plopped in the center, sugar-cakey cookies fresh out of the oven. No- there's no raisin smell...it's just the memory it evoked! When hubby takes notice and keeps coming back to huff me (phero blend or no) it's a keeper, lol. The almond and the amber really shine in this one, the vanilla & sugar just sweeten the deal~

3 BALLS! w/Sexpionage
WT? Out of the vial- what am I smelling here? I think I was looking for black pepper. You won't find that in this one. My brain was looking for something to identify and when I put it on I did get a tiny bit scared because on my wrists I got a little tingly like burning sensation. Nothing severe, but I thought "Egads! is this like hot pepper and it's going to burn my skin?" Like Mara would do that, seriously, right?! No worries, it was never more than an inkling of the sensation and it went away after about 20 minutes or so. So out of the gate on I'm trying to figure out this scent. Apparently I don't know what wasabi & pepper smell like, I got the tobacco and "this other smell". I have to tell you it's fantastic! I can't find adequate words to describe it because it's new to me, but I loved it! For almost 2 hours I'm distracted by this great smell I can't quite put my finger on, lol! Then it settles down to this creamy yummy finish and just staaaaays that way. SO YUM! Totally full bottle worthy!

4 Soaked w/Audacious
This one out of the vial I thought "Full Bottle" totally! I wanted to love it and I do like it A LOT. It's very light and very floral on me. I picked out the Ylang Ylang first I think because I love it some much then the honey and sugars....it was like putting on candied flowers! I was in instantly love! But love can be a fickle thing. It went on strong and settled down after 1/2-1 hour to a light beautiful floral, clean steady scent and pretty well stayed that way on me the entire time. I loved this one, truly, but I can not wear it. After a few hours I wanted to get away from myself, lol. I'm a foodie, spicy, amber, with some florals mixed in kinda girl, not a full on floral, so this one wasn't a good match for me but I can completely see other ladies going bananas over this one!

5 The Art of War w/Swimming with Sharks
First impression...Clean. Floral, tea, and...oak moss or bergamot or both? This one is light and clean smelling. Daytime. I like the white tea. It goes on strong but settles to a nice "quiet" pressed linen type clean scent. I don't know if I'd like this on a guy...I seem to have an aversion to clean scents in general it seems, so maybe I just prefer things a bit more earthy or edible?lol! I could, however, see a lot of the ladies liking this one for the office Smile

6 Unisexy w/Perfect Match
Totally surprised my the maple being one of the first notes I picked out, lol. Upon application I decided I liked this one! The sandalwood, maple, tobacco, vanilla and musk are amazingly married in this one! If I take a long slow breath in I get them all. This is a perfect match to Perfect Match. It gives that relaxed earthy smell with a little bit of yum that draws you in. Really surprised by how much I liked this one because in the vial I was thinking, "meh, take it or leave it." There was something giving it a little bit of bite to it and I don't know if it was the tobacco maybe? It's started out masculine to me, not so much that a woman couldn't wear it...but if my man wore this I'd be glued to him like velcro, lol, or maybe that's just the Perfect Match working it's magic? But as it settled down I could totally see this as a go to feminine scent so it's very unique...and really, is there anything at LP that isn't?

7 Sex & Violins w/Dominance
First Impression...woodsy, resinous and THICK. Very heady. Scent lasted from evening into the next morning, barely there, but definitely there. This is something that I think I'd rather smell on something or someone else. It's very rich and deep and the woods, musks and patchouli seem to be very prominent on me. I didn't really get a lot of honey and the amber stayed in the background. There is no mention of resin but the thought I'm having is that it's too resinous for me but it does feel very sultry and animalic...predatory even..if that makes sense? Maybe it's the Dominance lending that vibe, lol! It may be just perfect for the ladies who are "on the prowl" so to speak...

8 Strange Attractors w/Topper
Went on light and clean and strong, lol, and then within 10 minutes evaporated to a clean citrus forward scent. This is another one that's "nice for you but not for me." It's light and when the sugar, amber and musk finally shine I LOVE it but this one isn't a fav. It would be a great daytime scent for anywhere, work, home, play. I'm sure it will get lots of love.

9 Odalisque w/Blatant Invitation
Yum! Right out if the bottle, YUM! Chocolate in the vial and when applied, it's sweet goodness flew through the room! I admit, I went absolutely bonkers over this one, practically lost my mind beside myself with glee, kind of bonkers. Started to write a review in another forum but was so distracted by this one that I had to stop and go back and finish it later kind of bonkers for this one. Yea, seriously! I LOVE the musk in this. When it settled in on me it settled to this creamy, vanilla, honey, musky delight. I never smelled anything like it - like a LOT of things at LP- but I absolutely lost my mind over this one. Gush, Gush, Gush Heart Did I mention at all that I'm drawn to foodie, amber, musk type scents? For me, this one is Da Bomb!Yahoo

10 Fuzzy Wuzzy w/Gotcha!
HOLYCARAMELCREAMYCAKEYVANILLADELIGHT! Lavender? What lavender? LOL! Kidding, it was in there, but TRUST ME, you'll be completely distracted by fighting the urge NOT to devour whatever body part you've applied this to! You'll be wanting to apply this to friends and family, clothes, hair, add it to lotions...if you are a foodie, you will WANT this. It's soft and delicious, unassuming but noticeably present, a delectable delight! Caramel was the most prominent on me for the duration, even when it settled down into the creamy vanilla amber, the hint of caramel stayed. 2 thumbs up FO SHO! GoodGood

So there it is. Perfumes only Smile

All the phero blends, (with the exception of the ones I listed above), are all in my arsenal of unscented Pheromones so if you have any questions about those, (what they do, kind of hits they get), just ask. Otherwise, hope you enjoyed and happy hunting!Mrgreen

You're never too old to learn NuTrix! blowkiss
(This post was last modified: 11-25-2012 1:08 PM by NuTrix.)
11-25-2012 1:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Akelah
Serious Poster

Sex: Female

Rep Post

RE: Love Potion 2012 November Releases/Perfume Scents
11-25-2012 4:30 PM

Ooohhhh what a wonderful detailed post!!! I want to rep you so much, but I must spread some love... Many Thanks Big Grin

*** My journal at http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Akelah-s-jo...n=lastpost
11-25-2012 4:30 PM
NuTrix
Enjoying the Journey

Rep Post

11-25-2012 6:17 PM

(11-25-2012 4:30 PM)Akelah Wrote:  Ooohhhh what a wonderful detailed post!!! I want to rep you so much, but I must spread some love... Many Thanks Big Grin

Glad you liked it. The ladies are buzzing at LP and with good reason! So many wonderful choices by the talented artisans! It's so hard to decide, it's easier to just want them all!LOL

11-25-2012 6:17 PM
Akelah
Serious Poster

Rep Post

11-25-2012 6:22 PM

I totally understand, I did the same LOL. I'm (im)patiently awaiting mine!

*** My journal at http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Akelah-s-jo...n=lastpost
11-25-2012 6:22 PM
NuTrix
Enjoying the Journey

Rep Post

11-25-2012 8:43 PM

(11-25-2012 6:22 PM)Akelah Wrote:  I totally understand, I did the same LOL. I'm (im)patiently awaiting mine!
I SOOOO hear you! I've got LP & AD orders to be excited about that I am waiting, I am sure, equally patiently for sideLol

11-25-2012 8:43 PM

Honeycake
Mother's Granddaughter

Rep Post

RE: LP 2012 November Releases/Perfume Scents
11-26-2012 11:18 PM

Thanks for posting this. I saw the November sampler and I'm on the fence.

Androtics: Instant Sexiness B & MX426
11-26-2012 11:18 PM
Injektilo
It's *always* my move.

Sex: Male

Rep Post

11-27-2012 1:38 AM

(11-25-2012 1:06 PM)NuTrix Wrote:  when I put it on I did get a tiny bit scared because on my wrists I got a little tingly like burning sensation. Nothing severe, but I thought "Egads! is this like hot pepper and it's going to burn my skin?"

Actually, I noticed this in a few of the men's scents I bought several years back. I'm not sure what it is, but something in some of them produces a slight tingling/burning sensation on the skin. I noticed that it was slightly more pronounced when I was in the sun. Also, reading your descriptions of the scents has me thinking about buying some of the men's blends. As if I don't have enough things to test already. ::sighs:: My life is so hard. :-p
11-27-2012 1:38 AM
Cman888
Contributes Regularly

Sex: Male

Rep Post

11-27-2012 4:19 AM

(11-27-2012 1:38 AM)Injektilo Wrote:  Actually, I noticed this in a few of the men's scents I bought several years back. I'm not sure what it is, but something in some of them produces a slight tingling/burning sensation on the skin. I noticed that it was slightly more pronounced when I was in the sun. Also, reading your descriptions of the scents has me thinking about buying some of the men's blends. As if I don't have enough things to test already. ::sighs:: My life is so hard. :-p

I believe mara says that citrus notes may increase skins sensitivity and may cause a burning sensation when in the sun...

Ive had that also...
(This post was last modified: 11-27-2012 4:23 AM by Cman888.)
11-27-2012 4:19 AM
Honeycake
Mother's Granddaughter

Rep Post

11-27-2012 8:45 AM

I am curious. Are these all samples? If so how much use do you think you will get from each one? Do you think there is an evaporation risk if one couldn't use them immediately?

Androtics: Instant Sexiness B & MX426
11-27-2012 8:45 AM
NuTrix
Enjoying the Journey

Rep Post

11-27-2012 11:15 AM

@ Injektilo LOL Yes, like IS so hard....what to wear, what to order, what to wear.....Rofl I have enough to keep me busy for YEARS. That doesn't seem to matter though....nope. Not even a little RedfaceSarcastic Thanks for sharing. THe tingling/burning wasn't bad or more than a bare inkling and then just went away. I haven't worn it in the sun, but will keep it in mind for when warmer weather comes around!

@ Cman888 A lot of the men's scents have citrus but there's none in Balls! It looks innocent, with the exception of wasabi & pepper of course:
VANILLA
COCOA ABSOLUTE
TOBACCO
PEPPER
WASABI
AMBER
It's fanfreakingtastic! But that's great to know about citrus to tuck away for future reference. Thank you for sharing that!

@ Honeycake Are you still on the fence about the sampler?
All the vials are 1.5 ml and depending on how much you slather on (I tend to be a slatherer) 3-4 uses per vial. I'm sure if you're only using dabs when you apply the oils right out of the vials then your samples will obviously last much longer...I just don't seem to have that kind of restraint Sarcastic blum
They are oil based, with the exception of Strange Attractors w/Topper (That comes in a 5ml spray bottle and will last quite a while). The oil will not evaporate and the spray bottle is sealed well and won't be a problem either. I can't say how many sprays for sure though. I've taken samples I've gotten before and put them into identical 5 ml spray bottles (also purchased from LP) and added perfumer's alcohol to them and they last WAY longer that the vials by themselves. The main difference being that the oils stays longer on the skin (like 6-8 hours or more!) while the alcohol based evaporates into the universe more quickly (3-4 hours). The samples are just right for several wears, or more, to figure out if a fragrance- or phero- is right for you.
Hope this helps Smile

11-27-2012 11:15 AM

Share This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Star SALE 2012 is ON!!!! Mara ~ Love Potion 4 3,051 08-07-2012 3:33 AM
Last Post: Synergist
  New Releases for Spring 2012 Mara ~ Love Potion 1 1,848 03-15-2012 9:00 PM
Last Post: Cman888
  All-Phero Month ~ November 2011 Mara ~ Love Potion 29 12,216 12-15-2011 6:35 AM
Last Post: idontknow
  New Releases Mara ~ Love Potion 3 2,551 12-10-2011 6:41 PM
Last Post: Mara ~ Love Potion