Hello There, Guest! Register

Or login with , or

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Keeping Costs down - Small increase in price
SteveO
Enlightened

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 518
Thanks received:
634 thanks in 211 posts

Keeping Costs down - Small increase in price
08-08-2012 9:16 AM

I have really done everything I can to keep the costs down while providing the highest concentrations of mones I can in those bottles. I want to emphasize that my little 10 ml bottle of Evolve has more mones in it than most other vendors 30 ml bottles including their double and triple strength bottles.

This is something I believe in and want to continue to offer and do. I just would honestly rather close shop than have to cut back or dilute. As such, with all the great new things I am planning, all the new molecules I have been testing (and oh do I have an amazing discovery to post aboutWink), the new cart, accepting credit cards, new improved labels, etc I've had to increase my prices by just $2 or just 8%.

$2 might not seem like that much and I, as always appreciate your feedback, but it deeply saddens me to have to even do this. massageXS to pheromoneXS has gone from a very small niche hobby to reaching more people and higher costs. I know that almost seems crazy, and here I thought buying in bulk would be cheaper and I am sure in the long-haul costs will level out. However my bulk mone bills just this past two weeks has exceeded close to $7000. I just bought 5 grams of Beta Androstenol from another trusted source which I'm sure everyone of you can figure out how much that costs. You see I only will buy from those sources I know and trust like Steraloads, Sigma and another Vendor I'm supposed to hate because others say soWink.

To get a Sigma account it took weeks of jumping through hoops! To get the required SD40B I use for my blends it took going through the ATF and getting licensed. It all costs money. Starting a business in America-you'd thunk that would be easy with how many people are out of jobs. With big government comes big fees for small business!

The good news is I am pretty darn sure all that is out of the way and now I can continue what I do best. Make great blends for great people. Again I sincerely apologize for having to raise my costs just a smidgen and do hope you understand.

SteveO

Everyday out discovering what life has to offer. Are you? Challenge yourself...

Pheromone enthusiast and hobbyist

I want to provide you with the very best customer experience I can. As such I don't check PM's very often. Please just send me an email which will find me wherever I am.
08-08-2012 9:16 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Thanks given by MangoEruption, Shelly B, kenpachi, paradigmshift, eyeofra, halo0073, Akelah, Rattlesnake, shadowknight, ClintX2, Mustang, zerosix85, TwistedOstrich, AlternativeGirl, Onedzguy, Pheroquirk, fluffygirl12, bored4life

Snoopyace
Serious Poster

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 164
Thanks received:
221 thanks in 112 posts

RE: Keeping Costs down - Small increase in price
08-08-2012 9:40 AM

With the quality products you are putting out, I'm honestly amazed you don't charge a lot more than you do, Steve. Being a business owner myself, I can totally relate to the hoops you have to jump through. Thanks for the heads up and for the awesome products you make! Good
With the quality products you are putting out, I'm honestly amazed you don't charge a lot more than you do, Steve. Being a business owner myself, I can totally relate to the hoops you have to jump through. Thanks for the heads up and for the awesome products you make! Good

Do our experiences determine our beliefs or do our beliefs determine our experiences?
(This post was last modified: 08-08-2012 9:40 AM by Snoopyace.)
08-08-2012 9:40 AM
Thanks given by Shelly B, SteveO
Lexy
Contributes Regularly

Sex: Female

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 491
Thanks received:
298 thanks in 162 posts

08-08-2012 12:35 PM

As long as this is not a constant thing and prices don't end up being over the top, I'll let this one slide Steve! Girl devil lol

“I offer you peace. I offer you love. I offer you friendship. I see your beauty. I hear your need. I feel your feelings. Let us work together for unity and love.” ~Gandhi
(This post was last modified: 08-08-2012 3:07 PM by Lexy.)
08-08-2012 12:35 PM
Thanks given by SteveO
Mustang
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 80
Thanks received:
99 thanks in 28 posts

08-09-2012 4:10 PM

mmm hmm that's what they all say Rofl

But seriously though, your products are well worth it. I have not found the need to over spray myself which has a better usage than anything else. I will always pay for quality over quantity.

Remember that you also want to stay in business not only for yourself but for your customers too, WE RELY ON YOU STEVE O! so if you gotta increase the cost so be it, well all trust (in the words of you) "yah"

(08-08-2012 9:16 AM)SteveO Wrote:  I have really done everything I can to keep the costs down while providing the highest concentrations of mones I can in those bottles. I want to emphasize that my little 10 ml bottle of Evolve has more mones in it than most other vendors 30 ml bottles including their double and triple strength bottles.

This is something I believe in and want to continue to offer and do. I just would honestly rather close shop than have to cut back or dilute. As such, with all the great new things I am planning, all the new molecules I have been testing (and oh do I have an amazing discovery to post aboutWink), the new cart, accepting credit cards, new improved labels, etc I've had to increase my prices by just $2 or just 8%.

$2 might not seem like that much and I, as always appreciate your feedback, but it deeply saddens me to have to even do this. massageXS to pheromoneXS has gone from a very small niche hobby to reaching more people and higher costs. I know that almost seems crazy, and here I thought buying in bulk would be cheaper and I am sure in the long-haul costs will level out. However my bulk mone bills just this past two weeks has exceeded close to $7000. I just bought 5 grams of Beta Androstenol from another trusted source which I'm sure everyone of you can figure out how much that costs. You see I only will buy from those sources I know and trust like Steraloads, Sigma and another Vendor I'm supposed to hate because others say soWink.

To get a Sigma account it took weeks of jumping through hoops! To get the required SD40B I use for my blends it took going through the ATF and getting licensed. It all costs money. Starting a business in America-you'd thunk that would be easy with how many people are out of jobs. With big government comes big fees for small business!

The good news is I am pretty darn sure all that is out of the way and now I can continue what I do best. Make great blends for great people. Again I sincerely apologize for having to raise my costs just a smidgen and do hope you understand.
08-09-2012 4:10 PM
Thanks given by SteveO, Shelly B
Data4
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 66
Thanks received:
383 thanks in 142 posts

08-11-2012 3:35 AM

Honestly, I thought your prices were a little on the cheap side. $2? Pfft... I spend more than that on my morning Monster Energy drink every day. Big Grin
08-11-2012 3:35 AM
Thanks given by SteveO

thundr
calm like a bomb

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1038
Thanks received:
1606 thanks in 357 posts

08-11-2012 3:51 AM

It cool bro. Do what ya gotta do man. Your products have alot of meat on the bone. I will pay for quality.

Journal: http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Riders-On-The-Storm

[Image: watch?v=-lZIom_yErk&feature=play...page#t=20s]
08-11-2012 3:51 AM
Thanks given by SteveO
Onedzguy
Getting comfortable

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 80
Thanks received:
62 thanks in 29 posts

08-11-2012 5:23 AM

Go ahead Steve; do what you have to do. I'm willing to pay more for the great products that you have. BTW many of us have paid a hefty price for A314.

ODG
08-11-2012 5:23 AM
Thanks given by SteveO
Merienda
Contributes Regularly

Sex: Female

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 150
Thanks received:
168 thanks in 62 posts

08-25-2012 5:15 PM

Does Temptress cost a little more to produce than Tease? I noticed it's roughly three dollars more than the other women's products.
08-25-2012 5:15 PM
Thanks given by SteveO
SteveO
Enlightened

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 518
Thanks received:
634 thanks in 211 posts

08-26-2012 10:03 AM

(08-25-2012 5:15 PM)Merienda Wrote:  Does Temptress cost a little more to produce than Tease? I noticed it's roughly three dollars more than the other women's products.

In short, yes. Prices are based on the molecules involved. Some things like Temptress, Evolve, Ascend, Bliss all have some expensive molecules and quite a lot of others. I must emphasize though that one 10 ml bottle of Temptress has more molecules than most others 30 ml bottles.

$29.97 might seem out of reach or expensive but if you compare it to a very popular women's product currently being sold for $119 with 7000 mcg of mones in it, with Temptress you have 13840 mcg (nearly double) all compacted in 1/3 the bottle size for a little more than 25% of their cost. :preved:

SteveO

Everyday out discovering what life has to offer. Are you? Challenge yourself...

Pheromone enthusiast and hobbyist

I want to provide you with the very best customer experience I can. As such I don't check PM's very often. Please just send me an email which will find me wherever I am.
(This post was last modified: 08-26-2012 10:03 AM by SteveO.)
08-26-2012 10:03 AM
Thanks given by MangoEruption, Shelly B, Merienda

Share This Thread