Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

It's the little things...
gentlmentlemen
RED SPY IS IN THE BASE

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 128
Thanks received:
37 thanks in 25 posts

It's the little things...
03-14-2012 9:06 AM

I find myself seeing a lot of incredibly, incredibly minor things I think might be an improvement to the site, so here's a thread for all those so I don't clog the suggestions forum with a bunch of threads for each little thing.

Other people feel free to use this thread as well for all the little suggestions you don't think deserve a whole thread, but still should be brought up somewhere.

After all, its the little things that take a forum from good to great!

My Journal [Image: 120px-Intel_red_idle.png]
03-14-2012 9:06 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

gentlmentlemen
RED SPY IS IN THE BASE

Rep Post

Thanks received:
37 thanks in 25 posts

RE: It's the little things...
03-14-2012 9:09 AM

I'll start with saying I think the shoutbox would be a little easier to use if the time was displayed in the right. As it is now, it tends to make it slightly more difficult to see where the message actually starts at a glance, and I tend to have the knowledge of what time messages were written as a secondary thought in my mind when compared with the message and knowing who the writer was. But even if it was primary, it would be easier to tell if it wasn't all jumbled together in one spot.

(This post was last modified: 03-14-2012 9:44 AM by gentlmentlemen.)
03-14-2012 9:09 AM
Fly So Hi
Jr. Researcher

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1547
Thanks received:
856 thanks in 435 posts

03-14-2012 10:42 AM

Well i just think there could be a few more themes (colour schemes) on the forum.

I'm pretty happy with everything else!

Fly
03-14-2012 10:42 AM
Thanks given by gentlmentlemen
gentlmentlemen
RED SPY IS IN THE BASE

Rep Post

Thanks received:
37 thanks in 25 posts

03-14-2012 10:54 AM

Perhaps if there was a mobile app that would be cool. I might use one if it ever is made: almost all my forum activity is from an iPad.

03-14-2012 10:54 AM
gentlmentlemen
RED SPY IS IN THE BASE

Rep Post

Thanks received:
37 thanks in 25 posts

03-14-2012 11:13 AM

Can the PMs have a little button that is something like the thank button or posts, or the like button on facebook that is along the lines of "I got this and read this."

Ideally the idea would be that it would change the PM back to unread or something to indicate that you still haven't to responded to it, and would let the other person know that you got it, but didn't have time to respond just then.

In addition I think it would help the PM experience by making PM conversations end more smoothly. When I have a PM conversation, I feel like they tend to either continue endlessly or end abruptly. Not that either of those things is terrible, but the idea would be that instead of sending a message commenting on the last one with a thanks and bye for now (which they might then feel obligated to comment on the comments of and send another message), it would be like a "like" on facebook in that you can't like a "like."

Perhaps it would be better if these were divided into 2 buttons, but I think it could smooth things out a little more, and in addition I think it would help both sides of interactions with people who have tons of PMs to go through.

Could be kinda revolutionary too, I've never seen anything like that on another forum.

Just spitting out ideas here, where they get taken (if anywhere) is completely optional.

03-14-2012 11:13 AM

gentlmentlemen
RED SPY IS IN THE BASE

Rep Post

Thanks received:
37 thanks in 25 posts

03-14-2012 11:45 AM

Also, can the dropdown menu that leads to the user cp include something for the subscribed threads, or more generally can there be a faster way of finding out when subscribed threads have been updated with a new post? I find myself checking the subsrcibed threads pretty often, but it would be a little more streamlined if it was only one link to click instead of having to go through the user cp as the only option.

(This post was last modified: 03-14-2012 11:45 AM by gentlmentlemen.)
03-14-2012 11:45 AM

Share This Thread