Hello There, Guest! Register

Or login with , or

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Intermittent fasting
Cman888
Contributes Regularly

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 109
Thanks received:
134 thanks in 73 posts

RE: Intermittent fasting
04-25-2012 8:43 PM

Exactly, i agree with you.

I love the feast/fast since it works for me. I understand where your coming from. I usually only fast when i feast the night before.

Interesting about cold water, i have cold showers every morning. 3-4 times during fast days and i also take 60gr bcaas on fast day.

but ya, i understand the idea behind fat cells getting bigger. But i was also losing my shit during finals and needed to slam some chessecake. So i tried to loose fat while doing it.

But ya i will look into that book.

Thanks for information.
Exactly, i agree with you.

I love the feast/fast since it works for me. I understand where your coming from. I usually only fast when i feast the night before.

Interesting about cold water, i have cold showers every morning. 3-4 times during fast days and i also take 60gr bcaas on fast day.

but ya, i understand the idea behind fat cells getting bigger. But i was also losing my shit during finals and needed to slam some chessecake. So i tried to loose fat while doing it.

But ya i will look into that book.

Thanks for information.
(This post was last modified: 04-25-2012 8:43 PM by Cman888.)
04-25-2012 8:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Fishdude
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 119
Thanks received:
425 thanks in 176 posts

04-26-2012 10:24 AM

Today I'm fasting no food till after my work out 5 am. I've put on noticible muscle in the past 3 weeks doing the 16/8. It works for me and got plenty of energy.

Not for everyone but I recommend a try if you want to whack that last bit. Tough to do.

This works
04-26-2012 10:24 AM
Thanks given by Cman888
extraballislit
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1101
Thanks received:
315 thanks in 162 posts

04-26-2012 12:06 PM

On my second week, it´s working pretty good, but still too early to see if i get the results I´m looking for.

eyeofra, thanks for your explanation and also for the book recomendations. Looks very interesting.

I´ll keep you posted.

Talk to you soon.
04-26-2012 12:06 PM

Grape Ape
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1
Thanks received:
54 thanks in 31 posts

04-26-2012 3:38 PM

I'm about4.5 weeks in. I dropped about 3% body fat but have been cutting for almost 6 weeks. I also always have a huge suppliment regiment aswell. I'm also only having pre and post workout carbs, and the rest of my macros come from fat and protein. Similar to a TKD diet. I've found IF more effective than when I went CKD a few months back. More of a lifestyle change than a diet though. I'll know how I feel for sure about IF when I hit the 8 week market. I'm having trouble getting Down to sub 10% bf.

For those of you training fasted. Is suggest using NCAAs before training. will help with muscle breakdown durring.
04-26-2012 3:38 PM
eyeofra
the Sun God

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1241
Thanks received:
1116 thanks in 429 posts

04-27-2012 1:30 AM

By CKD you mean cyclic ketogenic diet right? I've found the CKD is the absolute best for getting under 10% body fat. It's hardcore . . . But works better than any other diet or routine bar none.

[Image: 34t60p1.gif]
AM, Certo, Glace, Corporativo, L2K V1 & V2, Aquagen, AV, Wolf, Nude, Hypnotica, OD Gel, Erox, N.P.A., EoaW, TL, TA, TI, TrueTrust, XXX, TrueEssence, Wingman 7, 9, 9+O, Black, Blue, X, Extreme, X22, C4 and M512, Ascend, Evolve, Cohesion, Bliss, Vibe, Prowl, ienone, anone, Androsterone, Pregnenolone, Androstadienol, Androstenetrione
04-27-2012 1:30 AM
eyeofra
the Sun God

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1241
Thanks received:
1116 thanks in 429 posts

04-27-2012 1:39 AM

@grape ape - you should read Bodyopus, it's where the CKD originated. The bodybuilding community made it popular, but they left out some very key points. I bet you would be amazed by the results from the CKD if you followed Dan Duchaine's original gameplan for it. The cyclic ketogenic diet you find on the internet is a simplified bastard child of Dan's bodyopus diet that leaves out all of the important details. No suprise you get better resuts from other diets, the CKD is all or nothing

Most people don't understand the science behind glycogen super-compensation, so they don't do what's required to achieve glycogen super-compensation.

[Image: 34t60p1.gif]
AM, Certo, Glace, Corporativo, L2K V1 & V2, Aquagen, AV, Wolf, Nude, Hypnotica, OD Gel, Erox, N.P.A., EoaW, TL, TA, TI, TrueTrust, XXX, TrueEssence, Wingman 7, 9, 9+O, Black, Blue, X, Extreme, X22, C4 and M512, Ascend, Evolve, Cohesion, Bliss, Vibe, Prowl, ienone, anone, Androsterone, Pregnenolone, Androstadienol, Androstenetrione
04-27-2012 1:39 AM
Grape Ape
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1
Thanks received:
54 thanks in 31 posts

04-27-2012 1:42 AM

I found I could get my carb up days down. I would pig out more, but these last 5 weeks have seen a really disciplined diet so I would probably be fine. Is have to cut it to a one day refers though.

Lathargy was a big problem as well.

Lastly I couldn't seem to get enough calories from just fat and protein. Even with lots of peanut butter, hamburger meat, chicken, protein, cottage chease, olive oil etc... Tried heavy cream, and though calorie dense and almost all fat I felt it was cou.ter productive.

I may give it another go if the next four weeks dont pan out as well as I hope.
04-27-2012 1:42 AM
Thanks given by eyeofra

Share This Thread