Hello There, Guest! Register

2 users browsing this thread: (0 members, and 2 guests).

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Interesting study on fragrances and potential risks
MeltingAsh
Contributes Regularly

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 24
Thanks received:
64 thanks in 48 posts

Interesting study on fragrances and potential risks
06-06-2015 10:30 AM

Section 3 or page 11 freaked me out a bit. I originally was looking for more info on hedione.
06-06-2015 10:30 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Thanks given by metaltree, SuperJoy

HappyGoSkillfully
Serious Poster

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 36
Thanks received:
848 thanks in 368 posts

RE: Interesting study on fragrances and potential risks
06-06-2015 10:42 AM

Notice how many of these are used in sunscreen. There is a growing amount of people that feel sunscreen is a bigger cause of skin cancer than the sun's UV rays.

Of course these people are considered radical to say this. Come to think of it, most people who tend to lean toward all natural and avoid chemicals are often considered radical. Things that make you go hmmm
06-06-2015 10:42 AM
Thanks given by AlternativeGirl
moe

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1521
Thanks received:
771 thanks in 503 posts

06-06-2015 11:43 AM

I mentioned that in my thread about pregnancy risks. It's pretty scary indeed.

M.

Pheromone Xs:
Evolve, Mascot, Barely Legal, Taboo, Flirt, SOB, Connections, Love Boat, Bliss
Alpha Dreams:
AM, Corpo
Liquid Alchemy Labs:
NA, Wolf, AV, DP
Apex:
Style, M3X, Atlas, Tusc, Titan
Androtics:
A314, P130,TAC
Pheromone Treasures:
-
A1

06-06-2015 11:43 AM
SuperJoy
New to Pheromones, Not Life.

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 672
Thanks received:
324 thanks in 178 posts

06-06-2015 12:16 PM

(06-06-2015 10:42 AM)HappyGoSkillfully Wrote:  Of course these people are considered radical to say this. Come to think of it, most people who tend to lean toward all natural and avoid chemicals are often considered radical. Things that make you go hmmm

I agree. Im considered radicle or weird. I've started working most processed things out of my life for more natural ones. I've had some health issues that made me look even harder at my "healthy" lifestyle. If you really do the research just about everything is poison. Not a conspiracy theory, they publish this shit. Pop quiz: does anyone know what "natural flavoring" vanilla is made of? Blew my feeble little mind that this is something that A. someone said, yes, lets put that into our product and sell it. B. People consume everyday. C. some crazy F actually studied it and found that it had commercial interests.

As far as fragrances go I haven't worn cologne in years. I've decided to buy everything I can unscented and make my own cover. I plan on using organic essential oils and alcohols. Its worth it to me to know what Im putting in my body. Does anyone do this? I haven't researched methods too much...

06-06-2015 12:16 PM
MeltingAsh
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks received:
64 thanks in 48 posts

06-06-2015 12:59 PM

I have 2 small kids and one has eczema. Seems more prevalent when he isn't around me, but makes me think. I also have one who can have weird out of his norm personality behavioral issues which I thought may be Androstadienone , yet it seems he can react around the alpha products more. Probably more just normal growing up. I would prefer not to affect their natural development more then all the other crap they are exposed to. These days I am super self conscious at work where all around me people are always sneezing. I mostly am using the AD neroli, ff21, sultans oud or leather and steel for scents. I grabbed some stuff from yet did not like them much. I now have samples coming from lucky scent, mostly patchouli based scents. Apparently, musk is another irritant. I have been lucky so far at work where it is supposed to be scent free, but one wrong person and I am done testing there. If I can find the right mix, it could be ok.

Think I'll try to minimize what I wear for mones at home, washing off when I first get in or only apply after they hit the sack. May try a break and see if it effects the eczema. Tough where, I also will need to make sure clothes are separated, if I go that route.

On a side note, you have ruined vanilla for me. Cry

LAL: SXD-9, AV, Primitive, Wolf (Empty), Primitive, Voodoo,Nude Alpha Gel: Samples: OD, BW & Nude Alpha
XS: SOB, Ascend, Xist and Taboo, Evolve Oil & A1 (oil), API & Bliss
AD: Glace, L2K v1
Androtics Direct: TAC, TAA, MX297, MX353, P134, A314 Royale
AT: GOA, Captain
Apex: Core, M3X: Sample: CV4
Love Scent: NNPA
Love Potion Magickal Perfumerie: Voracious sample
INTJ
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2015 1:01 PM by MeltingAsh.)
06-06-2015 12:59 PM

moe

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1521
Thanks received:
771 thanks in 503 posts

06-06-2015 1:46 PM

(06-06-2015 12:16 PM)SuperJoy Wrote:  I agree. Im considered radicle or weird. I've started working most processed things out of my life for more natural ones. I've had some health issues that made me look even harder at my "healthy" lifestyle. If you really do the research just about everything is poison. Not a conspiracy theory, they publish this shit. Pop quiz: does anyone know what "natural flavoring" vanilla is made of? Blew my feeble little mind that this is something that A. someone said, yes, lets put that into our product and sell it. B. People consume everyday. C. some crazy F actually studied it and found that it had commercial interests.

As far as fragrances go I haven't worn cologne in years. I've decided to buy everything I can unscented and make my own cover. I plan on using organic essential oils and alcohols. Its worth it to me to know what Im putting in my body. Does anyone do this? I haven't researched methods too much...

Actually regarding the vanilla natural flavouring I watched a documentary last weekend in a french channel. You have either the real extract or a synthetic extract made in laboratory. Both are the same molecules be it harvested or synthesized. However, not only the natural extract is a lot more expensive (few dozens euros vs cents), the synthetic is more lucrative for the supplier.
Castoreum is mostly used in perfumes. Its use in food consumption is very low.

M.

Pheromone Xs:
Evolve, Mascot, Barely Legal, Taboo, Flirt, SOB, Connections, Love Boat, Bliss
Alpha Dreams:
AM, Corpo
Liquid Alchemy Labs:
NA, Wolf, AV, DP
Apex:
Style, M3X, Atlas, Tusc, Titan
Androtics:
A314, P130,TAC
Pheromone Treasures:
-
A1

06-06-2015 1:46 PM
jb20
Serious Poster

Sex: Often Please

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 360
Thanks received:
319 thanks in 237 posts

06-06-2015 2:56 PM

Castoreum comes from beaver's butt tho.That's what he was trying to say(I think).
06-06-2015 2:56 PM
Ricardori
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks received:
35 thanks in 24 posts

06-06-2015 3:28 PM

(06-06-2015 2:56 PM)jb20 Wrote:  Castoreum comes from beaver's butt tho.That's what he was trying to say(I think).

with the food is the same

Man is a natural leader... Beer

ANDROTICS: A314, IO, IS, AMMO, P83, MX297, IJ, IH, and other mix´s, turn up the heat, mx 353
LOVE SCENT: NPA, ANDROSTADIENONE, SCENT OF EROS
PHEROMONEXS: TABOO, COHESION, FLIRT, XIST, Evolve, bliss, androstadienone, barely legal
PHERAZONE
MAG
Wolf
AV, wolf, overdose, NA, possess, voodoo
LIIK v1 and v2, AM, Glace
Core, Titan
06-06-2015 3:28 PM
SuperJoy
New to Pheromones, Not Life.

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 672
Thanks received:
324 thanks in 178 posts

06-06-2015 6:26 PM

(06-06-2015 2:56 PM)jb20 Wrote:  Castoreum comes from beaver's butt tho.That's what he was trying to say(I think).

I most definitely was. I understand its mostly perfumes but still gross to me. The person who first told me to look this up was a booze rep I worked with. I didn't believe him when he said this was used in beer. (sorry to ruin something else for you, LOLOLOL) He said it in the sense that Budweiser was cheap and they used this in their product. I'm not claiming that if Bud is listening! However, sounds probable to me .

(06-06-2015 12:59 PM)MeltingAsh Wrote:  I have 2 small kids and one has eczema.

Where at? Sorry to hear that.

My GF has this issue. Shes a massage therapist and gets it from washing with antibacterial soaps and the dirty shit people have on their skin. Fake tanners and perfume/colognes really mess her up. She uses Dr. Bronners soap now and triamcinone acetonide cream when its bad.
06-06-2015 6:26 PM

MeltingAsh
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks received:
64 thanks in 48 posts

06-07-2015 4:42 AM

(06-06-2015 12:59 PM)MeltingAsh Wrote:  I have 2 small kids and one has eczema.

Where at? Sorry to hear that.

My GF has this issue. Shes a massage therapist and gets it from washing with antibacterial soaps and the dirty shit people have on their skin. Fake tanners and perfume/colognes really mess her up. She uses Dr. Bronners soap now and triamcinone acetonide cream when its bad.
[/quote]

I deleted the other part as I am not going to let you ruin beer for me too. I live in Canada so if anyone is using it in beer, it is probably us (LOL). My kid has it mostly on the crease in his arm, was under his eyes, now some on his back. When only at home, we manage it down to almost nothing with creams. Essential oils seem to help too (mixed with cream). When coming home from daycare, it gets worse.

LAL: SXD-9, AV, Primitive, Wolf (Empty), Primitive, Voodoo,Nude Alpha Gel: Samples: OD, BW & Nude Alpha
XS: SOB, Ascend, Xist and Taboo, Evolve Oil & A1 (oil), API & Bliss
AD: Glace, L2K v1
Androtics Direct: TAC, TAA, MX297, MX353, P134, A314 Royale
AT: GOA, Captain
Apex: Core, M3X: Sample: CV4
Love Scent: NNPA
Love Potion Magickal Perfumerie: Voracious sample
INTJ
06-07-2015 4:42 AM

Share This Thread