Hello There, Guest! Register

Or login with , or

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I have a weird sense of smell
NP17
Minor deity

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 13
Thanks received:
174 thanks in 129 posts

I have a weird sense of smell
08-31-2015 4:02 PM

So the other day I thought for sure that my AT had cops in it, but after testing more, I know now that I was smelling androstenone.

Strangely enough, though, the way I smell androstenone seems to be changing. When I first started using mones, I couldn't smell anything in NNPA except a faint smell of alcohol. Now it has a sweet/sour kind of smell that is a lot like cops. It doesn't smell like vanilla, but I have smelled none as vanilla a few times. All mixes that contain none, no matter how little, have this smell to it. And I'm very sensitive to it, but it's not something I've ever smelled on a person. The smell lasts as long as the mix is still diffusing.

For a while it smelled amazing. Now it has kind of an off smell to it. Maybe the androstenone is going bad in the bottle, but this is every bottle I have the smell is evolving.

I do seem to smell things in radically different ways than most people. I went to a candle shop and talked to the clerk. As I tested a candle, I didn't smell anything at first, then I started to notice a very subtle smell. I told her it was very subtle, but she said it was the most forward and powerful scent they had. Also I don't like the smell of almost all colognes. It smells like chemicals.

I seem to be some kind of genetic freak in the smell department. Anyone else experience anything similar to this?
08-31-2015 4:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Ekscentra

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 998
Thanks received:
929 thanks in 585 posts

RE: I have a weird sense of smell
08-31-2015 4:16 PM

IIRC, Pago confirmed that there were cops in NNPA. I never detected anything, but he's about as sensitive to cops as I am to Androstadienone . If he says it's in there, you'd better believe it.

The bottles wouldn't be going bad this fast. It's possible your sense of smell is evolving as you're adjusting to the Androstenone, but I haven't heard too many cases like this before either.

You're not alone on the colognes matter. Though there are some scents I like, anything that's synthetic is off-putting to me (save IES, Timbersilk, and Hedione). There's nothing odd about being discriminating.
08-31-2015 4:16 PM
NP17
Minor deity

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 13
Thanks received:
174 thanks in 129 posts

08-31-2015 4:28 PM

Yes, maybe it's totally trivial. I just thought I'd post about it.

I'm weird in ways that actually matter, I don't need to worry if my subjective perception of smell is different lol
(This post was last modified: 08-31-2015 4:28 PM by NP17.)
08-31-2015 4:28 PM
Ekscentra

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 998
Thanks received:
929 thanks in 585 posts

08-31-2015 4:41 PM

(08-31-2015 4:28 PM)NP17 Wrote:  Yes, maybe it's totally trivial. I just thought I'd post about it.

I didn't say it was trivial. The rest of the post is a bit strange yes - you're probably just sensitizing yourself to the smell.

The part about disliking most colognes is completely normal. What I don't understand is how most people can stand the synthetic garbage that floods the market nowadays.
08-31-2015 4:41 PM

Share This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Do Pheromones work on those with a bad sense of smell? Malkav 4 587 06-23-2013 6:14 PM
Last Post: Wanghan