Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

"Humans can regrow fingers?"
QuietGuy
Away
Contributes Regularly

Sex: Male

Rep Post

"Humans can regrow fingers?"
12-20-2009 6:23 PM

(12-20-2009 6:23 PM)Julia Layton of Health.howstuffworks.com Wrote:  When a hobby-store owner in Cincinnati sliced off his fingertip in 2005 while showing a customer why the motor on his model plane was dangerous, he went to the emergency room without the missing tip.

(This post was last modified: 07-11-2010 10:19 AM by QuietGuy.)
12-20-2009 6:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Phya
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

RE: "Humans can regrow fingers?"
12-22-2009 5:11 PM

Wow, advances in this field may mitigate one of my biggest fears -- losing limbs. I sure hope this breaks through quickly, not just for my fears, but for the people actually afflicted by limb loss. Cool find, I'll keep the this in mind. Hopefully I'll never have to try it out. Big Grin

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma... which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary."
-Steve Jobs
12-22-2009 5:11 PM
mark-in-dallas
Dumb Guy That Pays The Bills

12-22-2009 6:06 PM

That story is actually several years old. I remember reading about it a year or two ago, I think in Popular Science magazine, but it might have been elsewhere.

The older I get the less threatening a life sentence sounds

Sympathy for the Devil only results in victimized angels.
12-22-2009 6:06 PM
Phya
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

12-22-2009 8:54 PM

Oh, well then I wonder where it's gone since then. Anyone know?

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma... which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary."
-Steve Jobs
12-22-2009 8:54 PM
Mtnjim
Curmudgen

Rep Post

01-05-2010 5:59 PM

There was a segment a couple of weeks ago on 60 Minutes that was about growing all  sorts of body parts. Heart valves, bladders, ears etc.

To stay young requires unceasing cultivation of the ability to unlearn old falsehoods.
---Lazerous Long
01-05-2010 5:59 PM

Share This Thread