Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Human pheromones and food odors
jvkohl
Expert

Sex: Male

Thanks Given: 34
Thanks received:
493 thanks in 201 posts

Human pheromones and food odors
03-04-2012 8:49 PM

I am in-press with a peer-reviewed journal article: Kohl JV (2012) Human pheromones and food odors: Epigenetic influences on the socioaffective nature of evolved behaviors. Socioaffective Neuroscience & Psychology.

Again, this is a technically correct representation of human pheromones and how they work, which also explains why Scent of Eros products work. I've also been updating my domain Pheromones.com and its Facebook counterpart Pheromones.com with pertinent technical and some non-technical information. Combined with my forthcoming article, I think the information I continue to offer substantiates any claims I have made, as well as claims made by Luvessentials.com, where I am comfortable that they will not misrepresent my works. Here's the abstract of the forthcoming article.

Olfactory cues directly link the environment to gene expression. Two types of olfactory cues, food odors and social odors, alter genetically predisposed hormone-mediated activity in the mammalian brain. The honeybee is a model organism for understanding the epigenetic link from food odors and social odors to neural networks of the mammalian brain, which ultimately determine human behavior. Pertinent aspects that extend the honeybee model to human behavior include bottom-up followed by top-down gene, cell, tissue, organ, organ-system, and organism reciprocity; neurophysiological effects of food odors and of sexually dimorphic, species-specific social odors; a model of motor function required for social selection that precedes sexual selection; and hormonal effects that link current neuroscience to social science affects on the development of animal behavior. As the psychological influence of food odors and social orders is examined in detail, the socioaffective nature of olfactory cues on the biologically based development of sexual preferences across all species that sexually reproduce becomes clearer.

James V. Kohl
Clinical Laboratory Scientist (ASCLS)
Medical Laboratory Scientist (ASCP)
Medical Technologist (AMT)
Author/Creator: The Scent of Eros
03-04-2012 8:49 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Thanks given by Cman888, BigJoe, Pheroman

Cman888
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 110
Thanks received:
142 thanks in 73 posts

RE: Human pheromones and food odors
03-04-2012 9:38 PM

Sounds promising. I would enjoy reading the journal once it gets published.
03-04-2012 9:38 PM
jvkohl
Expert

Thanks received:
493 thanks in 201 posts

03-04-2012 10:18 PM

(03-04-2012 9:38 PM)Cman888 Wrote:  Sounds promising. I would enjoy reading the journal once it gets published.

The journal article will be available for free in an issue that has many other articles that will also be of interest to those who would like to better understand human behavior.

Jan 20, 2012 "“ Socioaffective Neuroscience & Psychology is a peer reviewed open access journal that aims to stimulate multidisciplinary research into the ...

James V. Kohl
03-04-2012 10:18 PM
jvkohl
Expert

Thanks received:
493 thanks in 201 posts

04-16-2012 7:56 PM

The article was published on March 15, 2012.

Kohl, J.V. (2012) Socioaffective Neuroscience & Psychology, 2: 17338.

(03-04-2012 10:18 PM)jvkohl Wrote:  The journal article will be available for free in an issue that has many other articles that will also be of interest to those who would like to better understand human behavior.

Jan 20, 2012 "“ Socioaffective Neuroscience & Psychology is a peer reviewed open access journal that aims to stimulate multidisciplinary research into the ...

James V. Kohl
(This post was last modified: 04-16-2012 7:57 PM by jvkohl.)
04-16-2012 7:56 PM

Share This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Is Love in the Air? Human Pheromones and Axillary Chemistry jvkohl 2 2,030 01-20-2013 12:14 PM
Last Post: jvkohl