Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to write your journal
Gladen
Pied Piper of Pickup

Sex: Male

Rep Post

How to write your journal
07-30-2018 9:14 AM

Hello;

The short version: Is there any preferred way that one should write their journal, and what details should be included?

The lengthy version:
Being as Pherotruth is all about sharing one's experiences, opinions, and results with each other, I have decided to write a detailed journal of the results / effects of my foray into pheromones.

I've just recently received access to the other members' journals and shall, of course, spend some time educating myself on how the others approach it; but I am curious if there is a written or unofficial way to record ones experiences.

Having a bit of a background in physics, chemistry, and psychology, I have had some experience with notating each and every facet in a quasi-formal manner, so I can be extremely detailed or brief.

So is it better that I catalogue everything in detail, run a 'blank social' base line, use a single blind as a median, etc?

Does everyone want the background of stated goals, current statuses, etc or just "this worked for me" / "this did not work for me"?

And does anyone have advice on how to filter out the placebo effect? I am fully aware that if one thinks that they are suddenly more attractive, desirable, and the center of attention that they will tend to act accordingly; a subjective version of he Hawthorne effect .

Thank you

Isn't Life Actually the Kobayashi Maru? Click to Read My Journal: Gladen's Grimoire
(This post was last modified: 07-30-2018 9:16 AM by Gladen.)
07-30-2018 9:14 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RussianWolf

Rep Post

RE: How to write your journal
07-30-2018 9:20 AM

Are you writing a journal for yourself, or for other people?

Do what You want

Hold onto your beliefs loosely, and hold onto your truths tightly.
07-30-2018 9:20 AM
Gladen
Pied Piper of Pickup

Rep Post

RE: How to write your journal
07-30-2018 9:33 AM

Good point wolf, thank you.
I'll Primarily write to share what I learn with others, but also for my own reference so I can review things to note progress and results over time.

Isn't Life Actually the Kobayashi Maru? Click to Read My Journal: Gladen's Grimoire
07-30-2018 9:33 AM

Share This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  How to write a report/journal? ArunChan 4 1,487 06-19-2017 9:40 AM
Last Post: Paradox