Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Halo and friends Laid reviews
halo0073

Sex: Female

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1632
Thanks received:
3372 thanks in 1534 posts

RE: Halo and friends Laid reviews
04-11-2012 7:36 AM

Review from SB:

Products themselves - as mentioned - the trial bottles are a trial to get anything out of without taking off the cap. I love the smell of the shampoo, the amount of menthol in the conditioner is rather much. I really don't enjoy that much menthol on the scalp. The Fill Her Up Texturizer spray wax is both brilliant and smells FAB. It's a bit heavy so a little goes a long way - I could easily see were this could build up on the hair if not applied carefully.

Phero effects? Brilliant. I won't be able to use the for the truly intended purpose for a couple of weeks due to scheduling conflicts however - I tested them out socially as a number of reviews mentioned how cheerful other people were around them.

At a business consultation today - I could not stop two people from hanging on my every word. They had never met me before, I was not going out of my way to be attractive or charming - they just could not help themselves. A different person in the same office had rudely blocked the whole hall - I ducked under his arm as a result and shot me a dirty look. Until he was Phero bombed by the hair- then he did a complete Deer in the headlights - followed by an "excuse me" and held open the door. LOL!

This evening I went to my martial arts class where it is all HE-MAN competition. There is *no* peacocking for females tolerated in this facility. Great testing ground. I resprayed the wax like CRAZY when I pinned my hair back before class. Seriously - barely any makeup, martial arts gear, and I am trying to take them out as hard as they are trying to take me out. A hit here will be obvious.

And - there were many - I'll give two representative hits.

1). A man I've sparred with before who has been polite but aloof - got matched up to me for a warm up drill. He kept getting a goofy grin on his face and when I broke past his guard - he actually GIGGLED. He's over 6 ft tall, sparring and he giggled. It made me giggle - and the next thing you know - there we were - laughing like two 7 year olds. He stayed well away from me for the rest of the night and all but ran to his car.

2) End of night small group spar - I am sparring with 4 men, 2 close in age and 2 in their 20's. I look up at the end of my round, again - next to no make-up, hair's a MESS, mid 40's - and realize *all* of them are checking me out and 3 are sharing this knowing "uh huh" look over my head. While I appreciate the check out - I am NOT Courtney Cox in CougarTown.

So - the hair care products can use some tinkering. The Pheromones are brilliant. And using the hair to hold it?! YAY! I placed my first order and I haven't even gotten Laid.
04-11-2012 7:36 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Thanks given by shadowknight, as33156

halo0073

Rep Post

Thanks received:

04-11-2012 7:47 AM

review from EP:

First off, I henna my hair regularly, which conditions it as well as coloring it. My hair is pretty long, now--almost to my waist. If I use standard conditioning shampoos (health food store brands), my hair goes flat and straight. Not so with the Laid! I purposely used it today because...well, because I couldn't wait to try it (!!!) and because it was a trial by fire, so to speak. I knew I was going to be running all over hell and back in the valley, with my whole family, in dry windy weather that can flatten and straighten my hair in five minutes no matter WHAT shampoo or styling product I've used. It was also going to be a tiring and potentially trying day, just because we were so busy and the weather was what it was.

That said, I do believe I really like the Laid. I was trying to remember all day what Pheromones were in it, and I noticed you'd listed them in the facebook thread. This blend worked well for me in a very social situation. *I* felt good, and people around me felt good. I think it helped me to be more relaxed and happy while dragging the kids all over the place and doing a LOT of different things. I also think that it kept my Mom and Mr. Matt feeling fine, and our servers at the restaurant seemed friendly and attentive, too. Now, even if this was just the result of the way *I* was acting, that's just groovy! We should also note that I was not wearing pheroed perfume. I was wearing LP's Beyond the Veil, which always encourages people around me to Play Nice. However, NOTHING can make ME play nice if I get overloaded with family errands. And I did *not* get overloaded today. In fact, I really enjoyed myself.

Ooooh. Another thing I'd attribute to the shampoo: I was pretty damned calm while getting everyone out the door and on the road. Usually, Circus Frazier makes me EVIIIILLLL CRAAAZY when we're trying to get out and to the airport to get my Mom. But today? Nah!!! I showered, then threw my hair into a pony-tail-bun and got myself dressed and ready in record time. Matt and I got our troupe out the door---how many times in and out of the house does it take to actually leave? Infinite number---and into two different cars. Got down to open my Mom's house, paper two shelves, get one kid showered and one kid bathed, and then tore over to the airport. Still no EVIL CRAZY. I even put on really decent eye makeup (I wasn't driving at this point. Heh) while on the freeway. STILL no evil crazy. It continued like that for the rest of the day and evening.

As for the shampoo itself, it smells wonderful and feels good. It rinses easily. I didn't try the conditioner today--wanted to isolate the shampoo. My hair and scalp feel good. My hair is sort of soft and slippery, but with body and loosely wavy. I use the pony-tail-bun approach to dry my hair into a sorta-style. It encourages the natural wave and gives it some loft around my head, if that makes sense. A day like today could have completely negated that, but it DIDN'T. Also, my scalp feels fine, which is another problem I can have with conditioning shampoos. Once I took my hair down, I could not keep my hands out of it. I'm playing with it while I'm typing this. My hair didn't get quite as wavy as it can when I do the folded pony tail, but that's not a bad thing. Again, the weather might have been at work there. Tonight, over 14 hours later, my hair still looks great. It has that loose wave and still has body. Smooth, but not limp or flyaway. This is very cool.

Next time I shampoo I'll use some conditioner, too, and explore the hair mask after that. I'll also use it when I'm going to get some alone time with Matt and see how *that* goes! Heeeee! I'm already planning to order the LL Shampoo and No More Headaches Hairspray and possibly the Texture Spray, and the 2-in-1 Men's Shampoo and Body Wash for Matt.

Thanks so much for turning us on to this stuff!
04-11-2012 7:47 AM
Thanks given by Pheroman, shadowknight, as33156
halo0073

Rep Post

Thanks received:

04-11-2012 10:37 AM

Another social road test from SB:

Went to an early martial arts class - only female, mostly guys in my age range with two exceptions - one about 25 years younger and a full level up (hard in this discipline as it takes an ungodly number of hours at each level before you are allowed to even sign up for the next test) and the instructor who is at least 13 years younger.

Remember - it's AM. Hence no before class shower - for any of us. It's bring your funky self, hit and kick people, sweat, then go home to shower. A minimum of makeup because again - peacocking here is not normal - pinned my hair back, and scrunched it with the wax spray/phero's liberally - since really? Bed Head is not pretty.

Hits again - and they were funny! My sparring partner today was the one 25 years younger and a level up. He kept going Deer in the headlights, losing his focus, then had to work visibly to concentrate, kept losing his forms...he was so bad that multiple times the instructor came over to ask what got into him, yank him off exercise, and demonstrate to him very roughly what exactly he was to be doing in spar - all while shaking his head.

I learned a new kick today but that means when your partner is kicking - you hold the shield. I was holding it incorrectly. I had already gotten a ton of extra attention from the instructor but when he saw this he made sure I got it correct because if I didn't - a kick was going to either my groin or the girls. He looked up at me and said really - you owe me Mexican. I laughed. He didn't. Then I realized...I'm not sure he just didn't ask me to lunch? WTF?

And when we switched partners at the end to the guy I have noticed checking me out other classes - he could not quit staring at me. And he stayed after class putting together his gear, watching from the table until I drove off. I had the distinct impression that had I hung out - he'd have asked me out.

So - the leave in stuff works like a champ. But I do think it affects concentration negatively unless you only want to focus on - well - getting laid. So - I wouldn't wear this to a big work meeting unless you think the power broker already wants you and a lot of dirty thoughts will sway things in your favor.

Where would I wear this? Am I going someplace where I want to be SMOKING hot? Perfect. Party vibe, Go out to dinner vibe, date vibe, and obviously - the "What have you done for me lately Big Man?" vibe.
04-11-2012 10:37 AM
Thanks given by shadowknight, Pheroman, as33156
halo0073

Rep Post

Thanks received:

04-12-2012 8:31 AM

First review by GL:

I sampled the LL shampoo, the hair mask, and the condition. First of all, I LOVE the shampoo, even without the Pheromones, it's amazing! It's so nice to have a high-quality base product for a change. So many places use "cheap" bases and then "doctor them up" with whatever they're adding. Not Laid! This shampoo is amazing for my color-treated, long, damaged hair! First try I shampooed twice and applied the hair mask for about 10 minutes. Amazing scents, and I think I was definitely getting self-effects during my shower! My hair turned out soft, smooth and shiny.

Second trial by GL:

Next trial: shampoo and regular conditioner. Unfortunately, the conditioner was a miss for me. Way to menthol-y - to the point that I almost had to rinse it out immediately. It really burned!! I don't think I'm especially sensitive, so if I try it again I'll make sure to only use it on the ends of my hair. Also, It wasn't moisturizing enough for my dry hair. This product would probably be great for someone with oily hair that doesn't want to weigh it down! I noticed that my hair wasn't nearly as smooth as with the hair mask.

Third trial by GL:

3rd try: Shampoo (one time only) and hair mask. This is the magic for me!! I am one of those that likes squeaky clean hair, and it wasn't squeaky, but it was clean. I used a good, generous amount of hair mask, and, once again my hair feels amazing. However, I think the key is using the leave-in styling products to get the hits!! I don't think there are enough Pheromones remaining after rinsing to have much effect. So, until I try the leave-ins I won't really be able to give a full review.

In closing, I think the products are top notch, and I look forward to purchasing more, especially the leave-ins. Thank you so much for the opportunity to test and review!
More from SB:

The 25 year years younger male from yesterdays martial arts class went to the next class today. And he could NOT look me in the eye. I made a point of having a conversation - and the poor baby stared at the shirts for sale, the bottled water, and his shoes, and snuck glances out of the corner of his eyes. I'm not sure he knows what to think. I am probably as old as his Mom. OMG - I am Mrs. Stiffler - how FUNNY is that?!!!
(This post was last modified: 04-12-2012 8:33 AM by halo0073.)
04-12-2012 8:31 AM
Thanks given by Pheroman, as33156, shadowknight
halo0073

Rep Post

Thanks received:

04-13-2012 12:01 PM

So I have been having a group chat with 5 or 6 of the women testing Laid. There are some common themes coming out. One, not many of them care for the mentholated conditioner. Some feel like it's not conditioning enough. I get enough out of it even with my dry processed hair ends. I can handle the menthol but it isn't my favorite. If I put it on my scalp it might be different. Two, most everybody in this group feels like they aren't getting big hits or effects unless they are wearing a leave in product. I seem to be one of the rare ones who gets effects in the shower even. I do get much better hits if I have used 3 products though. I tried just using the shampoo or just using the mask and didn't get self effects so more is definitely better for me too.

Adam also sent me the Kinky Straight leave in conditioning spray and the hairspray. I have super easy hair and don't really use a whole lot of product. I haven't used the hairspray yet, but I may try it tonight. I am going to a school carnival and i always run into an ex boyfriend there so yeah I might pherobomb the place for fun. I have tried the Kinky Straight and the self effects were amazing. Mood lifted, talkative and confident where I was previously feeling shitty or at best blah. I was actually hopping back and forth from one foot to another because I had so much energy. I did probably use too much because as someone else previously noted it didn't quite want to dry. I don't know if I could use this everyday because it has a little wax in it and my hair is pretty fine and gets weighed down easily.

I also have used the texturizing spray again and while it didn't lead directly to sexy time, it did get my Bf to loosen up and actually start casually talking to me. When he gets home from work he is a grump and on overload and doesn't want to talk so this is big. He was asking me how my day was and how my tooth is (just had a filling on a broken tooth). Most unusual for this time of the evening. It didn't give me quite the same kind of waves this time but it still worked well. I will have fun playing with it more.

I am really excited to see what new products they come out with. I am stoked they are doing a dry shampoo and will definitely try that. I am hoping they do a line for fine hair as in volumizing. A clarifying shampoo would also be nice especially to get rid of mone build up.
04-13-2012 12:01 PM
Thanks given by as33156, shadowknight

LAID Brand
Vendor

Sex: Male

Thanks Given: 5
Thanks received:
72 thanks in 34 posts

04-13-2012 12:06 PM

(04-13-2012 12:01 PM)halo0073 Wrote:  So I have been having a group chat with 5 or 6 of the women testing Laid. There are some common themes coming out. One, not many of them care for the mentholated conditioner. Some feel like it's not conditioning enough. I get enough out of it even with my dry processed hair ends. I can handle the menthol but it isn't my favorite. If I put it on my scalp it might be different. Two, most everybody in this group feels like they aren't getting big hits or effects unless they are wearing a leave in product. I seem to be one of the rare ones who gets effects in the shower even. I do get much better hits if I have used 3 products though. I tried just using the shampoo or just using the mask and didn't get self effects so more is definitely better for me too.

Adam also sent me the Kinky Straight leave in conditioning spray and the hairspray. I have super easy hair and don't really use a whole lot of product. I haven't used the hairspray yet, but I may try it tonight. I am going to a school carnival and i always run into an ex boyfriend there so yeah I might pherobomb the place for fun. I have tried the Kinky Straight and the self effects were amazing. Mood lifted, talkative and confident where I was previously feeling shitty or at best blah. I was actually hopping back and forth from one foot to another because I had so much energy. I did probably use too much because as someone else previously noted it didn't quite want to dry. I don't know if I could use this everyday because it has a little wax in it and my hair is pretty fine and gets weighed down easily.

I also have used the texturizing spray again and while it didn't lead directly to sexy time, it did get my Bf to loosen up and actually start casually talking to me. When he gets home from work he is a grump and on overload and doesn't want to talk so this is big. He was asking me how my day was and how my tooth is (just had a filling on a broken tooth). Most unusual for this time of the evening. It didn't give me quite the same kind of waves this time but it still worked well. I will have fun playing with it more.

I am really excited to see what new products they come out with. I am stoked they are doing a dry shampoo and will definitely try that. I am hoping they do a line for fine hair as in volumizing. A clarifying shampoo would also be nice especially to get rid of mone build up.

Halo! Thank you for all you have done for us! I really appreciate you taking the time to test these new products.

We are working on a travel size brilliant shine spray first that can be used to freshen up the hair throughout the day.
04-13-2012 12:06 PM
Thanks given by halo0073
LAID Brand
Vendor

Thanks received:
72 thanks in 34 posts

04-13-2012 12:15 PM

(04-13-2012 12:06 PM)LAID Brand Wrote:  Halo! Thank you for all you have done for us! I really appreciate you taking the time to test these new products.

We are working on a travel size brilliant shine spray first that can be used to freshen up the hair throughout the day.

Regarding the conditioners - our products are all paraben and sulfate free. The sulfates give the feeling of extra conditioning but aren't the best for the hair. The menthol has been up in the air for us as a company because we have people that LOVE IT. We're thinking of creating another conditioner without it to appease all customers. Andy YES, Halo, we have a clarifying shampoo in the hopper to eventually create.
04-13-2012 12:15 PM
Thanks given by halo0073, dorfmeister
halo0073

Rep Post

Thanks received:

04-13-2012 12:57 PM

(04-13-2012 12:15 PM)LAID Brand Wrote:  Regarding the conditioners - our products are all paraben and sulfate free. The sulfates give the feeling of extra conditioning but aren't the best for the hair. The menthol has been up in the air for us as a company because we have people that LOVE IT. We're thinking of creating another conditioner without it to appease all customers. Andy YES, Halo, we have a clarifying shampoo in the hopper to eventually create.

ooh goodie! I think it's a perfect match with a pheromone/hair company. I am actually fine with the conditioning level, in fact I think the LL combo is even too conditioning for me. After repeated use my hair got pretty limp. Nobody likes limp ;) But it is kind of weird to have such a rich smelling shampoo that everybody across the board loves the smell of and then put on something so bracing. So something that was in a similar scent family would probably keep a lot of people happy. The shine spray sounds wonderful. My light blonde hair does really well with Shine Spays in general.
04-13-2012 12:57 PM
halo0073

Rep Post

Thanks received:

04-13-2012 5:56 PM

Holy Hell why did I wear those kind of Pheromones to a school event? It was majorly hot in there and I am sure the heat was making diffusion insane. A freaking 13 year old ( I think, maybe 14) followed me around. Stopped behind me in line and started talking to me. I didn't realize he was talking to me because my back was turned so he repeated himself 4 times and then scooted up next to me almost touching me. I said yeah, or wow or something and looked away. He could not control himself from blathering on and continued to sidle up to me every time I tried to get away. 15-20 minutes of this. It was so weird. I finally escaped after my kids had played their games by leaving the gym altogether. His eyes were all huge and dilated. It creeped me out so badly. What did I do to that poor kid? I am traumatized. LOL. I am so not that kind of cougar. EEEEW
04-13-2012 5:56 PM
Thanks given by dbot, as33156, Pheroman, shadowknight

LAID Brand
Vendor

Thanks received:
72 thanks in 34 posts

04-13-2012 7:38 PM

(04-13-2012 5:56 PM)halo0073 Wrote:  Holy Hell why did I wear those kind of Pheromones to a school event? It was majorly hot in there and I am sure the heat was making diffusion insane. A freaking 13 year old ( I think, maybe 14) followed me around. Stopped behind me in line and started talking to me. I didn't realize he was talking to me because my back was turned so he repeated himself 4 times and then scooted up next to me almost touching me. I said yeah, or wow or something and looked away. He could not control himself from blathering on and continued to sidle up to me every time I tried to get away. 15-20 minutes of this. It was so weird. I finally escaped after my kids had played their games by leaving the gym altogether. His eyes were all huge and dilated. It creeped me out so badly. What did I do to that poor kid? I am traumatized. LOL. I am so not that kind of cougar. EEEEW

LMAO! You are way to funny doll! haha! Funny thing is that my business partners and I have discussed creating a hair thickening shampoo for women and calling it, "the cougar". Chris can add pheromones that provide a more youthful feeling...haha! what ya think?
04-13-2012 7:38 PM
Thanks given by as33156

Share This Thread