Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Googlebot
mark-in-dallas
Nobody at all

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Googlebot
08-15-2009 2:31 AM

Hey folks,

Just so you know, I'm sure you've noticed the Googlebot listed as active in the last 15 minutes anytime youi've been logged in to the forum. I don't know how they discovered us, because I did NOT submit the forum to be indexed yet, but they did! None of us really thought we were ready for primetime yet!

And, Google has crawled the forum almost every 2 minutes for the last couple of days.

What this means is that on the next update, I am guessing that this forum should rank very well for any searches on pheromones or phero forums.

And, we didn't have to do anything to get there. Personally, I am blown away!

The older I get the less threatening a life sentence sounds

Sympathy for the Devil only results in victimized angels.
08-15-2009 2:31 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bella
Away
Serious Poster

Sex: Female

Rep Post

RE: Googlebot
08-15-2009 3:29 AM

That's why we knew we didn't have to be underhanded/sneaky/resort to spamming to encourage people to join us. We don't have to "steal" people from other pheromone forums. Hopefully, when the curious find our little community it'll look like the nice, inviting place it is and they'll be happy to join us of their own volition. ;)

Bella
08-15-2009 3:29 AM
Tisha
Inactive Account

Rep Post

08-16-2009 4:17 AM

Quote:None of us really thought we were ready for primetime yet!

LOL Sorry about that Mark. Big Grin I didnt submit either, You dont have to submit for them to follow you though. Keywords tend to trigger them. The minute I used my Pheromone name to join they latched onto it. I rank high on the adwords list. Other forums with different subject matters that I have worked for I use all different names to prevent crossover.

My username searched with the word Pheromones after it will brings up Lors forum, Love scent, pherotalk, and love potions but in time it will bring this forum up as well. My name is searched a lot in conjunction with pheromones so the googlebot tends to always be close behind me.

Now is the time to start posting some key words. I was just talking to renny down in a post he made about making searching easier. The more we post certain keywords and phrases in the forum the higher we will rank.

Other company names
Pheromone spelled out
Pheromones terms
Negative key words like scam "do pheromones work"

Think of the terms you serached when you first started using Pheromones. These are terms the admins especially should use frequantly in there posts.

There are a lot of ways to bring the rankings up though and I will start working on that. Strike while the iron is hot. Keep posting about phermones even if we seem a bit redundant or that we are posting the same information posted elsewhere.

If we build it they will come. As Bella said we dont need to spam to get there.
(This post was last modified: 08-16-2009 4:24 AM by Tisha.)
08-16-2009 4:17 AM
renny
Serious Poster

Rep Post

08-16-2009 9:27 AM

Good info Tisha, I'm gonna hurry down to the other thread. Smile I was hoping someone knew some more about this and would have some good advice on boosting the rank...the RIGHT way.

The Androstenone Discussion
08-16-2009 9:27 AM
Curiouschic
~*Bond's Favorite Toy*~

Rep Post

08-19-2009 11:58 AM

Interesting stuff about running high on Google. I love learning about how it works.

I know I found Pheromones because of the Oceans 13 scene...lol.
08-19-2009 11:58 AM

idle
Vendor

08-19-2009 2:06 PM

(08-19-2009 11:58 AM)Curiouschic Wrote:  I know I found Pheromones because of the Oceans 13 scene...lol.

The Gilroy Big Grin

Putting the XS back into lifeā„¢
08-19-2009 2:06 PM
Curiouschic
~*Bond's Favorite Toy*~

Rep Post

08-22-2009 1:02 PM

Hehehe, thanks Idle! That'd be the one. When I saw the movie, it got me thinking. No I didnt expect that reaction from pheromones, but I had wondered what they were refering to...my mind was open and oh what fun I have had since! Smile
08-22-2009 1:02 PM

Unregistered

09-05-2009 9:16 PM

Well, just for giggles I googled 'Tisha pheromone', and this forum was the first on the list of results.
The other PT was second.
Interesting.
09-05-2009 9:16 PM
Quote this message in a reply
mark-in-dallas
Nobody at all

Rep Post

09-07-2009 12:54 AM

(08-16-2009 4:17 AM)Tisha Wrote:  You dont have to submit for them to follow you though. Keywords tend to trigger them. The minute I used my Pheromone name to join they latched onto it.

Actually before Google or any other search engine knows a website exists or has the ability to find it, something has to trigger a reason for them to look for it.  As an example, there are now well over a billion wesbites, each with unique URL's, and a possibility of an infinite number of websites, especially with the IP6 protocol starting to come online.

The forum had to be linked from another site, or someone had to search Google for us, for their bots to even have a reason to look for us.

And, in just 3 weeks we are already indexed under a numberr of keywords, and on page 2 when searching for "pheromone forum"  And, a search for "Androtics Direct" ranks us right under them.

This is actually pretty amazing since Google has not even updated their search index since we launched, and I had no expectations of us ranking for any keywords at this point.

The older I get the less threatening a life sentence sounds

Sympathy for the Devil only results in victimized angels.
(This post was last modified: 09-07-2009 12:55 AM by mark-in-dallas.)
09-07-2009 12:54 AM

Share This Thread