Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Good hunger-suppressing stack.
Ancillian
Contributes Regularly

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 129
Thanks received:
247 thanks in 108 posts

Good hunger-suppressing stack.
08-20-2015 12:14 PM

I've tried this out for a few days now, and it seems to be working. I'm stacking three amino acids (Cysteine, Glycine, Taurine), all of which have been implicated in satiety in some way.

L-Cysteine
Cysteine is an important sulfur containing amino acid that serves as a precursor to the endogenous human anti-oxidant glutathione. It is also a precursor to hydrogen sulphide, a vasodilator that is useful for erectile function (especially alongside the better known Nitric Oxide). Given the importance of our endogenous anti-oxidant system and hydrogen sulfide, AND sulfur to a range of our biological processes - you can make a bet that our bodies value it highly.

Perhaps due to it's biological importance, Cysteine supplementation has been experimentally shown to suppress appetite in humans and rodents.

I've been experimenting with Cysteine in isolation for a while, and my results have been inconclusive on all fronts. Neither L-cysteine, or the easier to get hold of N-Acetyl-Cysteine (NAC) have had much of an appetite suppression effect on me.

However, I thought if I added some other amino acids, the effect might be boosted and synergistic.

Add in Taurine and Glycine
Taurine and Glycine are two more amino acids. In a mouse study, the greater the Taurine and Glycine content of different protein sources, the less body fat mice accumulated when fed a high sugar and fat diet.

Only a rodent study? True, but given the safety profile of the aminos in question (and other possible beneficial effects that emerge from the literature) I thought I'd give it a try.

I've experimented with various doses. In my limited experience - 2g Cysteine, 1g Taurine, 2g Glycine once in the morning, once again at night - works well, but I haven't yet tried even higher dosages.

I've noticed a substantial reduction in hunger, better sleep, reduced anxiety, and better erectile quality. All these things make sense given the published literature (e.g. Cysteine has been shown to boost hydrogen sulphide, Taurine has been shown to increase nitric oxide, and glutathione [which is made from Glycine and Cysteine] may act to preserve nitric oxide - all factors that should theoretically help erectile function).

I'm going to keep testing, because sometimes with supplements the results are illusory or short-lived - but I'm an old, skeptical hand when it comes to judging supps and these results are particularly notable. I thought I'd share for the good of the universe Smile
(This post was last modified: 08-20-2015 12:22 PM by Ancillian.)
08-20-2015 12:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

RTBoss
Olfactory Brainwashing Genius

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 742
Thanks received:
1450 thanks in 684 posts

RE: Good hunger-suppressing stack.
08-20-2015 1:04 PM

Nice. I'm an EC stack addict myself. Wacko

PXS
Oils: Xist, Evolve, Domination, SOB, Desire Me
Sprays: SOB, Love Boat, Bliss, Connections,
Impaxs, Cohesion, Odyssey, Taboo, PSE, Limitless, Evolve, XSP96

Alpha Dream
LIIK v.1 unscented

Liquid Alchemy Labs
Oils: Nude Alpha, Voodoo, Aqua Vitae, Dirty Primitive, Bad Wolf
Other: Max-T-150
Samples: Hypnotica, Wolf, Nude Gay Alpha

Pheromone Treasures
Sprays: ETFZ
Oils: A1 50mcg, AT, GOA
Samples: Captain, THU

Androtics
Sprays: Instant Openness, P83, Turn Up The Heat, Instant Honesty

LaCroy
NPA, NPA Touch

Apex
Imprint, CV4, Style, Dionysos, M3X, Atlas

Wish List
SXD-9

My Journal
08-20-2015 1:04 PM
metaltree
Serious Poster

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 291
Thanks received:
447 thanks in 231 posts

08-20-2015 1:59 PM

(08-20-2015 12:14 PM)Ancillian Wrote:  In a mouse study, the greater the Taurine and Glycine content of different protein sources, the less body fat mice accumulated when fed a high sugar and fat diet.

Mice are not people but this makes me think about Red Bull. Red Bull is high in both sugar and Taurine. I wonder if the Taurine in Red Bull prevents the sugar from being turned into fat.
08-20-2015 1:59 PM
Ancillian
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 129
Thanks received:
247 thanks in 108 posts

08-20-2015 2:08 PM

(08-20-2015 1:59 PM)metaltree Wrote:  Mice are not people but this makes me think about Red Bull. Red Bull is high in both sugar and Taurine. I wonder if the Taurine in Red Bull prevents the sugar from being turned into fat.

Maybe, but my guess is that Taurine's main mechanism of action (in this instance) is through acting on hormones/brain regions that regulate hunger. In combination with the other aminos listed above, that's the effect that I'm observing in myself

Here's a study which supports the hunger regulation mechanism (again in rodents!)
08-20-2015 2:08 PM
kimosabe
Consciousness-Congruence

Sex: Often Please

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1276
Thanks received:
1435 thanks in 949 posts

08-20-2015 6:53 PM

The supplement that worked well for me is Shed JYM from Jim Stoppani, and can be formulated on your own by following the ingredients list:

Acetyl-L-carnitine - 1500 mg
Green tea extract - 500 mg
L-Tyrosine - 500 mg
Caffeine anhydrous - 200 mg
Capsimax Cayenne pepper extract - 50 mg
Advantra Z Synephrine - 20 mg

That's one serving. I used to take 3 servings a day. Not only does it help suppress hunger, but it's also said to promote the release of fats from the body.

ME = Awesome
ME(Mones) = Awesome(Quicker)
ME = Awesome

Phero Tool Chest
Pheromone Treasures
Desi, Auraental, AT, CPT, THU, EFZ, GOA, AOA, TS*, Z69*
Apex Pheromones
Core, Titan, Core V2*
Liquid Alchemy Labs
Wolf, DP, A4A, OD*
PheromoneDiskont.com(closed)
AM
Love Scent
A314,Chikara, scented SOE, old NPA, W.A.G.G-N (all '09 - '10 vintage)
Vero Labs
LT ('09 vintage)

Key
used up & will re-purchase
*sample
^in shipment
not re-purchased/swapped
08-20-2015 6:53 PM

blitz
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 31
Thanks received:
246 thanks in 88 posts

09-03-2015 9:31 AM

Nicotine lozenges has been the most effective for me, I've never smoked and I don't feel as though I'm addicted. Sometimes several days will pass by without me taking it and I don't notice. I take 1 lozenge a day.
09-03-2015 9:31 AM
NP17
Minor deity

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 508
Thanks received:
974 thanks in 511 posts

09-03-2015 10:43 AM

theLaw got me turned on to Matt Stone's work on metabolism. I've been trying it out, and it's certainly been helping. Basically his idea is that dieting just shuts down your metabolism. When your metabolism shuts down, your body doesn't have enough energy to carry out important processes like digestion, immune system, recovery and repair. And I'm sure you've heard this before, but cutting calories will lead to the body conserving more fat. Yes, it's possible to lose weight this way, but at the expense of health. And also, fat cells multiply so that it is harder to keep the weight off down the road.

I don't know if you're suppressing hunger to lose weight or lengthen your lifespan or what, but I would definitely look into Matt Stone. He has a free book and could give you another perspective on calorie restriction.
09-03-2015 10:43 AM

Share This Thread