Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
GABA
NewAlpha
Contributes Regularly

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 520
Thanks received:
343 thanks in 142 posts

RE: GABA
08-31-2011 4:47 AM

(08-30-2011 10:01 PM)kmacc45 Wrote:  I finale understand what the pheromones are doing, (or think I do).

You are lucky !
Because I still don't understand how a microscopic dose of 4 mcg that you spray on you may have a slight effect, when you need to orally ingest at least 500 mg (so 500 000 times more) to start MAYBE getting some effect from it.

Before starting taking it, I read a lot about GABA, and in fact, most scientists believe that GABA will NOT cross the blood brain barrier, meaning that it cannot have any effect unless you take huge doses from it (much more than 500 or 1000mg pills...). Some others talk about conspiracy of the big medical labs who don't want GABA to be promoted as an alternative to tranquilizing and antidepressant drugs.

GABA is also quite popular in the bodybuilding community because there is a belief about a possible increase of HGH if taken right before the exercise. In this case, that would mean that it can cross the blood brain barrier when the brain is in some special state, during or right after the exercise.

Check this link for further info :
08-31-2011 4:47 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Thanks given by dbot, Grasshopper, Pheroquirk
kmacc45
Member in Moderation

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 301
Thanks received:
927 thanks in 339 posts

08-31-2011 5:15 AM

(08-31-2011 4:47 AM)NewAlpha Wrote:  You are lucky !
Because I still don't understand how a microscopic dose of 4 mcg that you spray on you may have a slight effect, when you need to orally ingest at least 500 mg (so 500 000 times more) to start MAYBE getting some effect from it.

Before starting taking it, I read a lot about GABA, and in fact, most scientists believe that GABA will NOT cross the blood brain barrier, meaning that it cannot have any effect unless you take huge doses from it (much more than 500 or 1000mg pills...). Some others talk about conspiracy of the big medical labs who don't want GABA to be promoted as an alternative to tranquilizing and antidepressant drugs.

GABA is also quite popular in the bodybuilding community because there is a belief about a possible increase of HGH if taken right before the exercise. In this case, that would mean that it can cross the blood brain barrier when the brain is in some special state, during or right after the exercise.

Going to do more testing to see if it's affecting others and not just self-effects.
08-31-2011 5:15 AM
XPX
Mind Persuader

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 123
Thanks received:
387 thanks in 99 posts

12-15-2011 2:23 PM

Here are some findings about GABA from my journal

Quote:My solution for the really short time of effects was to try it as a Hairspray or let me better say with the base substances (the hair fixing components) of that!

I used a mix which is called HF 64 in the "cosmetic comunity" that means it's a mix of 60% Polyvinylpyrrolidon (PVP) and 40% Polyvinylacetat (PVA). Those substances are synthetic resins used to fixating the hair! I have thought of this because in my training I've made a microencapsulation of synthetic musk scents which worked in some kind of similar way! This stuff is used in concentrations of 2-10% in ethanol but it is also possible to use water or soluted ethanol ( in this way it is also usable for GABA which has the same problem as PEA with his short life)!

Quote:About GABA

Used the same amounts of GABA and fixatives but a 70/30 water/ethanol mix! Worked fine, effects holds also about 4 hours! Effects are the same as described in a posting before but really cool to have and work with them for hours!

I don't have the problem but I suggest this stuff to try for shy people or people with approach anxiety! Really nice self effects!

My toys:

Alter Ego, Scent of Eros, Instant Gentleman, Instant Shine, Instant Honesty, Instant Openess, Turn Up The Heat, P83, P103, P79, Androstenetrione, Neno, P80, P97, Alpha 7, Xcite wipes, PEA, DHEA,Vitamine D3, Wingman 9+O, GABA, True Love, A314, Iso E Super, EST,A1, Anone, Erox, Wingman Xtreme, Moet-nol, Atrione

My journal:
http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Journey-into-X

http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Pick-Up-and-mones
12-15-2011 2:23 PM

dexter
SPICE UP THE LTR's

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 410
Thanks received:
730 thanks in 345 posts

03-06-2012 6:23 PM

I just got a book about GABA ( gamma amino butyric acid ). It talks about GABA being an amino acid that is effective in treating anxiety.

I want my wife to start taking supplements of it, bought some at the vitamin store in town, they suggest 500mg (1/4 teaspoon) daily.

If this helps with anxiety/inhibitions, it may be a good first stage to making P83 more effective, as P83 is a disinhibitor.
GABA is an amino acid
this is from wikipedia (below):

GABA is the chief inhibitory neurotransmitter in the mammalian central nervous system. It plays a role in regulating neuronal excitability throughout the nervous system. In humans, GABA is also directly responsible for the regulation of muscle tone.

GABAergic mechanisms have been demonstrated in various peripheral tissues and organs including, but not restricted to the intestine, stomach, pancreas, Fallopian tube, uterus, ovary, testis, kidney, urinary bladder, lung, and liver.

In 2007, an excitatory GABAergic system was described in the airway epithelium. The system activates following exposure to allergens and may participate in the mechanisms of asthma.[27] GABAergic systems have also been found in the testis and in the eye lens.

I think GABA could be a Putative Pheromone because it causes activity in areas of hormone production, like Fallopian tube, uterus, ovary, testis, kidney, liver. These in turn can have full on hormonal mood effects after the GABA has made it to these sites.

Two thing to mention in response to kmacc from 8/31/2011.
1- You can get a larger reaction from chemicals that are inhaled or absorbed (like putting B-12 vitamins under your tongue) than when they are ingested because they don't have to pass thru the digestive tract. A purpose of the stomach, filled with digestive juice and acids, is to break down food. Placing chemicals in a strong acid can cause them to undergo changes that will turn them into a different chemical. This is a defense mechanism of the body, and protects us from lots of active chemicals. Some chemicals are also digested by bacteria in the intestines, changing them from their original structure.

So, by bypassing the gastro-intestinal tract, some chemicals get into the bloodstream much more efficiently by entering through absorption. Absorption can be thru skin, lungs, membranes.

2- there are many molecules in 4mcg.
Molecular formula C4 H9 N O2
Molar mass 103.12 g/mol

Avagadro's number is how many molecules are in mole of that molecule.
6.02214129×10^23
So, in 4mcg you have
.000004g/103.12g *6.02214129*10^23 = 2.33597*10^23 molecules of GABA in 4mcg of GABA.

4mcg has 2,335,974,123,350,000,000,000,000,000 or 2.3 OCTILLION molecules of GABA.

dexter
"Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword." -Jesus, Matthew 10:34
AD-Glace, Certo, DHEAS, single mols
AD-a314,P74,5,6,8,9,P80,1,3,P93,5,6,7,P100,​1,2,3,4,9,12,23,25,IFM,
IG,IH,IJ,IO,IS,ISA,ISB,TUTH,TAA,C,F,H,K,​L,NONE,ANOL,AMMO,MX297,391-5UF
LS-LIQTRUST,NOL,NONE,RONE,A1,PERCEPTION,AE,​SOE
P7-ATJ,FTL,DG!,MAP,GG,PURSUIT,SB,TJ
TP-TLOVE,EST,MEO-EST,TJERK,TALPHA,A1,ATRIONE,COPS
HM-ETRIONE
HOMEBREW-D3,DHEA,PEA,ETRIONE,NENO,MEL
03-06-2012 6:23 PM
Thanks given by kmacc45, idontknow, JohnnyHard, John Schlongfellow - Banned, eibmoz
wiserd
I'm so meta, even this acronym

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1629
Thanks received:
1434 thanks in 735 posts

03-18-2012 1:07 AM

(08-31-2011 4:47 AM)NewAlpha Wrote:  You are lucky !

It used to be believed that cholesterol, which is structurally very similar to many mones, could not cross the blood brain barrier. Some recent research suggests that the body can deliberately work around the blood brain barrier in cases of deficiency.

There's also evidence that androstenol can be absorbed through the nasal mucosa avoiding first pass metabolism by the liver, though it's still debatable whether the dosage from a scent is enough for any effect via that route (as opposed to activation of nerve zero.)

As for GABA, I'd note, if it's relevant to anyone, that I don't take the stuff since I seem to be mildly allergic. It makes me a little hyper and my hands itch. I don't get any reaction from its use as a pheromone, though.

[Image: Example.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 03-18-2012 1:09 AM by wiserd.)
03-18-2012 1:07 AM
Thanks given by idontknow
justintime469
Getting comfortable

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 51
Thanks received:
93 thanks in 22 posts

Yesterday 9:27 AM

I have taken GABA for years on and off as a supplement and have a 7OZ bottle in powder form I got from piping rock. I never thought if trying to use the dam thing as a spray or pheromone!

I have a lot left and PA, and DPG and was looking on suggestions on how to mix this? I am not good at mixing up things, so if anyone has any suggestions I will mix some up and may try a few different versions mixed in 5ML bottle and would like to try a 2-3 with maybe different ratios of things.

It may take me sometime, but I will mix and let setup and report back here what I get if anything. Thanks in Advance!
Yesterday 9:27 AM

Share This Thread