Hello There, Guest! Register

Or login with , or

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Forum Upgrade Ideas
Arsenic
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 5
Thanks received:
77 thanks in 28 posts

Forum Upgrade Ideas
12-31-2013 5:54 PM

I realized this when I tried to edit one of my old threads... That I could not edit it! lol.

I used to own and operate various MyBB based websites back in the day, so I have a few ideas you could implement.
(for you non-technical folk, this website is run on MyBB and is why it looks and functions a certain way.)
  • "View My Threads" link added next to "Today's Posts." This is a handy feature which I personally always use so that I can easily see which of my threads have new replies. I noticed on my forums after I added this that members posted more often.
  • Member Group Rankings: VIP Class - Right now everyone is either set to a normal registered user, banned, or an admin. What I propose is a new group called VIP or similar. This new group can edit their own threads, have a fancy user group image, a new forum section where only they may see and post in, a different username color, the ability to change their username, and perhaps more benefits as well. It is a MyBB plugin that omni made awhile back, and you can make it so "upgrading" to the vip group will cost X per month or a one time fee, etc. I would personally buy it because I hang out on this site a lot.
  • Moderators - Excuse my ignorance if there are already mods. If there are any, they should have different usergroup images and a different username color so people can tell who they are. If there are not any mods, I would recommend having at least 3.
  • Cloudflare -Not sure if this site uses it or not. Kind of a no brainer these days to use it but just to be sure!
  • Disable Friendly Redirect pages - For gods sake, please disable it lol. It's just annoying and does not serve any purpose. What I'm talking about is when you make a new thread, it says "click here to go back to where you came from!" or similar enough.

Let me know if you would like further explanation on any of these ideas. These are all ideas that I have personal experience installing so I am more than willing to help out if needed.
Hi
(This post was last modified: 12-31-2013 5:59 PM by Arsenic.)
12-31-2013 5:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Share This Thread

Messages In This Thread
Forum Upgrade Ideas - Arsenic - 12-31-2013 5:54 PM
RE: Forum Upgrade Ideas - sushi - 01-01-2014, 2:03 AM
RE: Forum Upgrade Ideas - mark-in-dallas - 01-01-2014, 8:15 AM
RE: Forum Upgrade Ideas - Arsenic - 01-01-2014, 10:26 AM