Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Forum Administrators
mark-in-dallas
Administrator

Sex: Male

Thanks Given: 1824
Thanks received:
4769 thanks in 1971 posts

Forum Administrators
12-23-2011 7:44 PM

OK, so I'm sure by now that many of you know what happened last night in Vex's journal, and that we are down to just me as an admin once again.

And, not wanting to be the only person making decisions for the forum, I just made one that I think all of you will like and approve of.

Next month we will be back up to 3 admins, but I will NOT be the person picking them, and may not even be 1 of the 3 admins.

I'm going to leave it up to all of you to decide who runs YOUR forum!

If you are interested in being a PheroTruth Administrator please post your interest below. If you would like to nominate someone that you believe would be a great Administrator, feel free to do that as well. If you nominate someone else though, please pick only 1 person to nominate.

In early January I will compile a list of those that expressed interest in being an Administrator and those that were nominated and want to be involved in running the forum, and you folks will each get to vote for who feel would do the best job. The 3 with the most votes at the end of the month will be your new Administrative Team.

If I am not one of those nominated and elected I will step down and turn the forum over to those that you elected to run YOUR forum and leave it to them to run as they see fit. However, I will stay on in an advisory position and be available to offer suggestions and input, as well as taking care of the forum logistics and continued operation, but I will not be involved in the day to day operations or decision making process.

There is of course an exception: This forum is like my baby and I will always be there to watch out for it. If I feel that your management team is running the forum into the ground I willl step in and do whatever it takes to get my child back on track. I guess the best way to look at what the forum team is becoming is to see it as a board of directors with me as the silent Chairman with 51% of the shares who will only get involved if things go to far astray.

The Administrators are there to represent YOU and if you decide I should not be among them I will not be involved in that representation, unless I feel that the membership is no longer being represented, or that the original vision for the forum is being compromised and is harmful to its continued success. In which case I will step in and do whatever it takes to put the forum back on track and inline with the original concept, and probably the main reason most of you are here.

Before putting the admin positions up for vote though, I will contact each nominee and interested member to see if they are actually interested in the position, as it wouldn't do any good to elect someone to the posisiton that didn't want it, would it? Big Grin

Traits that should be taken into consideration before tossing in your name or someone elses include: neutrality, a calm and level head, ability to work well with others and abide by majority votes, equality for all, the ability not to impress or force ethics or morals on others, the ability to work with and negotiate deals and promotions with vendors that are beneficial to our members, and finally someone who spends a lot of time on the forum.

so folks, its up to you! Who will be the next 3 administators to run YOUR forum?

Our current nominees include:

Pagodeiro
MuskCloud: Declined to to work commitment
Rattlesnake: Declined due to work commitment
mark-in-dallas
JonJon

Nobody changes until the pain of staying the same becomes greater than the pain of change....
12-23-2011 7:44 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Thanks given by idontknow

mark-in-dallas
Administrator

Thanks received:

RE: Forum Administrators
12-23-2011 7:45 PM

And, I will be the first to toss a name in the hat, with my vote for Pagodeiro!

He has my choice for always remaining calm and collective, not siding with anyone, but always looking at both sides of the situation, and championing for the forum more than anyone else here, including me.

I believe that pago has what it takes, and much more to keep this forum on a steady track and help it blossom into the most that it can be!

Nobody changes until the pain of staying the same becomes greater than the pain of change....
12-23-2011 7:45 PM
Thanks given by Pheroquirk, CG_Jung, Alpha Dream - Banned, SeriousSmile, idontknow, LebronJames, JohnnyHard
SeriousSmile
Banned for Violations

Thanks Given: 1831
Thanks received:
567 thanks in 220 posts

12-23-2011 8:46 PM

I swear to god ever since you brought that idea of us deciding who should be the next two moderators, the first person was pagodairo, then dbot. However, now that you mentioned stepping down if not elected, I feel that you are in number one spot. You are like the forum police, and moderators without you being one of the three wont be the same, even though you are going to be moving the strings behind the scenes.
(This post was last modified: 12-23-2011 8:49 PM by SeriousSmile.)
12-23-2011 8:46 PM
Thanks given by mark-in-dallas, Pheroquirk
Alpha Dream - Banned
Banned

Thanks Given: 459
Thanks received:
2879 thanks in 597 posts

12-23-2011 8:53 PM

I vote for mark, Pago & Terry ;p
Thanks given by terry0400-40
mark-in-dallas
Administrator

Thanks received:

No pulling the strings, unless the curtain get ripped down, in which case I will try to put it back up. If the members do not feel I'm doing a good job of steering the forum then I do NOT want to be at the helm!

Thanks given by SeriousSmile

mark-in-dallas
Administrator

Thanks received:

12-23-2011 8:56 PM

Sorry Chris you get one vote, and I just passed it to pago, with Terry in close, very close second! But, one vote thats all you had, and since you elected more than 1 I passed it on to my first choice! Big Grin

Pago is now in the lead with 2 votes!

3 if we count SeriousSmile's vote in which he didn't emphatitally state a nomination, but I was at the bottom. Big Grin

12-23-2011 8:56 PM
mark-in-dallas
Administrator

Thanks received:

12-23-2011 9:05 PM

OK Chris, I'll give you 20 votes! And you can vote for me 18 times.

But, I'll only count 1, hows that? Big Grin

12-23-2011 9:05 PM
Alpha Dream - Banned
Banned

Thanks Given: 459
Thanks received:
2879 thanks in 597 posts

12-23-2011 9:42 PM

(12-23-2011 9:05 PM)mark-in-dallas Wrote:  OK Chris, I'll give you 20 votes! And you can vote for me 18 times.

But, I'll only count 1, hows that? Big Grin

Ireful1
12-23-2011 9:42 PM
Beccah
Queen of the Bs

Sex: Female

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 33
Thanks received:
287 thanks in 362 posts

12-24-2011 12:48 AM

This is going to seem out of left field, but what about MuskCloud? He seems very level headed & has a great reputation. I just thought I would vote before going offline this weekend.
12-24-2011 12:48 AM

Rattlesnake
Serious Poster

Sex: Often Please

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1331
Thanks received:
788 thanks in 328 posts

12-24-2011 4:03 AM

Pago, Mark in dallas and for a bit of chaos Ohhmygod.
12-24-2011 4:03 AM
Thanks given by ohhmygod

Share This Thread