Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Floral Absolutes and Sex
Diane999
Banned for Violations

Sex: Male

Floral Absolutes and Sex
09-24-2009 11:53 AM

I've used essential oils for decades, but it wasn't until I started working with absolutes (as fragrance components) that my socks have been so knocked off. I have spent literally days wandering in the world of aromas and I get so enthralled I have to pull myself away. Below are just a few of the absolutes that I've been working with. All of these have sensual overtones. If anyone else has experience with absolutes and aromatherapy properties, I'd like to hear from you.

Dianthus (Carnation) - Capriciousness, fascination, impulsiveness, joy and devoted love; a powerful aphrodisiac; motivating; spiritually and emotionally uplifting; comforting; and euphoric. Combats feelings of neglect, cynicism, doubt, mental loneliness, emotional solitude and self criticism. Produced mostly in Holland and France, the absolute is very expensive and hard to find. I has an intense spicy scent, tinged with deep dark honey accents.

Champaca - Grounding and soothing. Champaca has a floral-fruity,smooth, rich, spicy and tea like scent. It smells like red ripe berries, orange blossoms, spices and dark fermented tea leaves.

Cistus Labdanum (Rock Rose) - Emotionally warms what is frozen; aid to astral projection; sensual, warming, bonding; gives the sense that where ever you are is home. Cistus has a deep sensual aroma that is earthy, ambery, leathery, animalic, warm, and redolent of long summer days.

Davana - There is an interesting story behind Davana flowers. These are grown in Southern India and harvested in April. When they are harvested they are made into garlands and offered to Siva before being gathered and extracted. Aphrodisiac; anti-anxiety; emotionally relaxing, calms anger. Davana has an incomparable aroma that changes depending on who is wearing it. It is woody and fruity (apricot and blueberry) and very complex.

Ginger Lily - Promotes peaceful feelings and thoughts; conjures mentalimages, feelings, thoughts of sex; mildly euphoric; promotes group peace and cohesion and elevated emotions. The fragrance is very romantic, light, very fresh, sweet, innocent and delicate.

Heliotrope - This has to be one of the hardest absolutes to lay hands on, and one of the most expensive. There is only one place in the world still manufacturing it, and it is snapped up by the large perfume houses as soon as it is done. It can't be steam distilled, so there is no essential oil, only concretes and absolutes. Traditionally, this fragrance is used to draw wealth and prosperity to the wearer. It smells fruity floral, vanilla, cherry pie, and caramel and its character changes depending on the dilution.

Jasmine - Aphrodisiac; anti-depressant; mildly sedating. Even more relaxing than Lavender, research has shown that a light scent of jasmine promotes deep, peaceful, restorative sleep, and that people exposed to Jasmine while sleeping where more rested and alert the following day. The king of all floral fragrances, it is rich, seductive and sweet with fruity tea undertones.

Jonquille - Kindles desire and signals availability; relieves tension and soothes the nerves. This is one of the strongest and fastest acting aromatherapuetic substances I've found, and the effects are almost instantaneous. This is another absolute that is nearly impossible to find and very expensive. Traditionally it was used to manifest new relationships or strengthen existing ones. The scent is very heady and timeless, and resembles jasmine with hyacinth.

Blue Lotus - Incredible meditation aid; blue lotus is the flower of self-potential and self-actualization, and wearing a 1-10% dilution increases energy flow to very tangible levels. The rarest of the lotus absolutes, very hard to find, the scent is minty, herby, spicy, and sweet with bright, almost honey-like overtones. It is both translucent and tenacious, and reminds me of a forest spring.

Pink Lotus - Relaxing and calming; strengthens the will; heals imbalances of sexual energy; supports the spirit. Pink lotus is spicy and crisp and becomes sweeter and more floral as it is diluted. Pink is the most floral of the lotuses, and it is a complex lacy fragrance thatunfolds layer after layer with dry down. The fragrance is nearly impossible to describe but contains a background of mildly earthy herbs, and sweet, light florals.

White Lotus - Promotes clarity and brightness of vision; connects heart with mind. White lotus has a smooth, powdery, clear, clean, lightly coconut and honey-like scent that becomes more floral and sweet as it is diluted further. When I had my husband smell a 1% dilution his only comment was, "Clean." On the skin a 1% dilution matures and blooms into a scent that is close to irresistible.

Osmanthus - One of the most sensual floral fragrance I've found; smelling a 10%dilution brings instant sensual feelings and mild euphoria... this isreal star quality attraction. The scent of Osmanthus is mysteriously warm and is reminiscent of apricots, tea, leather, and herbs.

Rose - Eases the heart, lifts depression, balances women's sexual energy and promotes physical comfort and love. Improves learning andmemory. The scent is irresistible, enthralling, and impossible to leave.

Diane
(This post was last modified: 09-24-2009 11:58 AM by Diane999.)
09-24-2009 11:53 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tisha
Inactive Account

Sex: Female

Rep Post

RE: Floral Absolutes and Sex
09-25-2009 4:31 AM

I have a few absolutes but I tend to not work with them for making a scent to be worn. I really dont have a knack for making perfume. The ones I do have I use for medicinal purposes but as far as aromatherapy go's absolutes are not used much.

I have used Hemlock and Violet leaf for poultices or balms. Its good for artheritis, headaches and sinus issues.

Black Currant Bud Absolute is said to have pheromonal qualities. I never used it though, but I thought you may be interested in that.

Basil Absolute can be used for a sensual scent. Its also warming and spicy and gos well in a pain balm.

Whoops I wanted to add I have Rose absolute for PMS blends

Other then those I am not to familar with them.

Tisha
09-25-2009 4:31 AM
Diane999
Banned for Violations

09-27-2009 9:45 PM

(09-25-2009 4:31 AM)Tisha Wrote:  I have a few absolutes but I tend to not work with them for making a scent to be worn. I really dont have a knack for making perfume. The ones I do have I use for medicinal purposes but as far as aromatherapy go's absolutes are not used much.

I have used Hemlock and Violet leaf for poultices or balms. Its good for artheritis, headaches and sinus issues.

Black Currant Bud Absolute is said to have pheromonal qualities. I never used it though, but I thought you may be interested in that.

Basil Absolute can be used for a sensual scent. Its also warming and spicy and gos well in a pain balm.

Whoops I wanted to add I have Rose absolute for PMS blends

Other then those I am not to familar with them.

Tisha

I can understand why absolutes are not much used for aromatherapy. They have to be diluted way down since they are so concentrated, not to mention expensive. But I can attest to the aromatherapeutic properties!

I finished Svadhisthana today... and something synergistic happened while I was combining the elements. When the carnation, white lotus, blue lotus and spikenard hit the mixing bottle together it felt like the top of my head opened up and light spilled out. I know that sounds weird, but that is what it felt like. And I got really happy sitting there. I started singing, "I'm mixing up a magic potion!" And I got really wiggly... LOL.

Svadhisthana contains: 10 floral absolutes, including Carnation, Lotus, Heliotrope and Rose; 5 resins; 10 herbal and wood essential oils, including Sandalwood, Rose Wood and Patchouli; 5 different musks; 6 fruit essences, including Black Cherry and Blueberry; sugar, honey, and vanilla; and, of course, copulins.

It will be a few days before all the scents settle out and I truly know what I have, but I put some of it on and I can't keep my nose off of it, it is so good.

Diane
(This post was last modified: 09-27-2009 9:48 PM by Diane999.)
09-27-2009 9:45 PM
Tisha
Inactive Account

Rep Post

09-29-2009 3:29 AM

Quote: I know that sounds weird, but that is what it felt like. And I got really happy sitting there. I started singing, "I'm mixing up a magic potion!" And I got really wiggly... LOL.

Actually no it doesn't sound weird to me. I think it sounds cool. Be sure to let us know how it turns out.

Tisha
09-29-2009 3:29 AM
Diane999
Banned for Violations

09-29-2009 12:12 PM

(09-29-2009 3:29 AM)Tisha Wrote:  Actually no it doesn't sound weird to me. I think it sounds cool. Be sure to let us know how it turns out.

Tisha

Awesome! Thanks!

Will do!

All of the fragrances are formulated with abolutes, essential oils, and fine ottos. Where I am using actual animal musks, I'm only using those that are obtained humanely without killing any animals, or I am using analogs that don't involve animals at all. For the fruit essences, I am using only those fragrances purchased from a reputable perfume manufacturing supplier. And of course, all fragrances contain copulins.

All essences, essential oils, and absolutes have limits to the amount that can be safely put on the skin to avoid sun sensitization and allergic reaction, and CNS effects (jonquil). I'm strictly following those guidelines in the formulation of these fragrances, and ensuring that I am well within safe limits for perfumery.

As you know, Tisha, I became highly sensitized to the neroli used at AD, and for that reason I can't use neroli or orange blossoms in my fragrances or tolerate any fragrances that contain it. That is a tragedy, since I would really like to have that option in my own formulations. So, for me the safety issues are more than just professional ethics, they are personal.

All the fragrances in alcohol base are formulated with Artisan's Blend (isopropyl mystriate) from Snowdrift Farms. All the fragrances in an oil base are formulated with 100% macadamia nut oil, which has the best profile for being non-allergenic and having the longest stable shelf life (2 years) without additives.

I finished Muladhara. I had a little trepidation at first with this one. The inspiration was there but I wasn't sure I could pull it off. I wanted this one to be a little "dirty", heavy and earthy, but also reaching upward, and sexy. So, I used quite a bit of the earthy, woody scents. I wanted heavy, sexy florals. To reach upward and lighten the load, I used water florals and other fruity florals. And I used heavy animalic musks to grab and give more character to the depth.

When you first apply Muladhara, it smells spicy and slightly sweet, slightly masculine and darkly velvet. On dry down it becomes slightly more animalic, spicy and woody, with smooth floral highlights. This is just 3 days after formulating, so I'm sure the scents will continue to marry and give a few more surprises. For example, the heavy, sexy florals are becoming tamed as time goes on, and the scent is melding into something very sultry and spicy and sexy.

Svadhisthana wow! That one was complex. It has very little actual cinnamon in it, but on application it smells very much like cinnamon. That is because the carnation is so spicy, and I used other spicy essences. I have a feeling that with a little more time to marry that scent will tame out. With dry down the scent becomes slightly more floral and sweet, but still keeps the spicy undertone. I can hardly wait to see how this one marries out.

I'm reformulating Manipura. It became a little too fruity with time.

Anahata has been finished for some time. It is light and sweet and powdery on application. It is heavy on the white musks, and contains day blooming jasmine, geranium, and rose and tea. It is lacy and romantic.

Vishuddha smells citrusy and herbal on application, and dries down ambery and clean floral with mysteriously deeper floral highlights with Osmanthus and Heliotrope popping up. This one is new, so I'm waiting for it to meld to see if it needs to be changed.

I finished Ajna last night. It is too early to say much about this one, until a few days have passed. It has a vetiver and sandalwood base, Lotus and Carnation heart, and tart and sweet fruity top.

Diane
(This post was last modified: 09-29-2009 12:15 PM by Diane999.)
09-29-2009 12:12 PM

Bella
Away
Serious Poster

Rep Post

09-29-2009 4:28 PM

These sound lovely, Diane! [Image: 41.gif]

That's a shame about the neroli but whatcha gonna do? I've had bad reactions to some of the crap they put in cosmetic preparations and have had to stop using them. I think it's often the fragrances people are allergic/sensitive to in these preparations and it's often the last thing they think of when it comes to figuring out what the heck is bothering them or giving them a reaction to it...i.e., a rash, sinus problems, etc. A lot of facial moisturizers and lotions are loaded with perfumes to cover up the stench of the chemicals they formulate with. I have a strong aversion to scented facial creams. I simply can't stand them. It drives me nuts to keep smelling them all day. Yuck. With body lotions, I do much better with the ones that contain essential oils rather than synthetics. They're kinder to my skin and don't give me sinus issues. As long as they're away from my face I do fine.

Keep up the good work! [Image: 5.gif]

Bella
09-29-2009 4:28 PM
Diane999
Banned for Violations

09-30-2009 2:26 PM

(09-29-2009 4:28 PM)Bella Wrote:  These sound lovely, Diane! [Image: 41.gif]

That's a shame about the neroli but whatcha gonna do? I've had bad reactions to some of the crap they put in cosmetic preparations and have had to stop using them. I think it's often the fragrances people are allergic/sensitive to in these preparations and it's often the last thing they think of when it comes to figuring out what the heck is bothering them or giving them a reaction to it...i.e., a rash, sinus problems, etc. A lot of facial moisturizers and lotions are loaded with perfumes to cover up the stench of the chemicals they formulate with. I have a strong aversion to scented facial creams. I simply can't stand them. It drives me nuts to keep smelling them all day. Yuck. With body lotions, I do much better with the ones that contain essential oils rather than synthetics. They're kinder to my skin and don't give me sinus issues. As long as they're away from my face I do fine.

Keep up the good work! [Image: 5.gif]

Bella

Thanks! I tested these on my husband and he isn't too fond of the sweet ones. I may swap out the fruits for something cleaner and send out some samples of each to see what is preferred. BTW, he responds just as strongly to the sweet ones as those not as sweet, though!

It looks like there is still a lot of work to do.

Diane
09-30-2009 2:26 PM

Share This Thread