Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ever wonder what those specifications on your products mean?
Diane999
Banned for Violations

Sex: Male

Ever wonder what those specifications on your products mean?
11-20-2009 11:17 PM

Okay, so this isn't exactly the place to put something general like this, but we don't have an area devoted to general discussion about pheromones yet.

Have you ever wondered how to decode those product specifications?

I'm going to try to help.

Let's take a specific product that lists the specifications to make it easier.

Alpha Dream has all their specifications listed, so they are an easy choice. Here's the link if you want to play along:

I'll just choose the first product listed Alpha Maschio. If you mouse over the gold "view product page" without clicking, the products specifications pop up:

- 1 fl oz (30 ml) per bottle
- 8 pheromone ingredients
- 27 mg content per bottle
- 100 applications per bottle

Before we start decoding, let's click the mouse-over link and go to the product page.

Under the product description you will see:

- contains: 1 fl oz (30 mL) per bottle
- applications: 400 sprays per bottle
- enclosure: designer glass from Italy
- properties: non-flammable
- base: cyclomethicone, alcohol [4:1]

So already it is a little confusing, since the previous mouse over states "100 applications per bottle" but here we see "applications: 400 sprays per bottle." So, it is a little tricky, but hopefully not too much.... because up above we also see these instructions, "Apply 3 or more sprays..."

Alright, let's decode this. We have enough information.

We have 30 ml, and 400 sprays, and 100 applications per bottle. So, if we take the 100 applications per bottle, and the 400 sprays per bottle, then the actual number of sprays per application recommended would be 4 sprays. Is that clear? (400 sprays per bottle divided by 100 applications per bottle = 4 sprays per application.) Let's keep that number handy because we will need it later. But just to give a little fudge factor, 3 sprays per application = 133 applications per bottle.

4 sprays per application
(or 3 sprays per application)

Next let's figure out how many mcg per spray there are. We need to find out a couple of things to figure that out. We need to know how much volume is in one spray. So, we have stated 400 sprays per 30 ml bottle. Cool, that's easy. 30 ml divided by 400 sprays = 0.075 ml per spray. Let's keep that number handy.

0.075 ml per spray

27 mg is the same as 27,000 mcg... and that is a lot of pheromones! So there are 27,000 mcg per 30 ml bottle. Let's keep that number handy, too.

27,000 mcg per 30 ml

Now we need to figure out how many mcg are in each ml. 27,000 mcg divided by 30 ml = 900 mcg per ml. Let's keep that number handy.

900 mcg per ml

Now for the mcg/spray... we know that there are 900 mcg per ml and we know that there are 0.075 mcg per spray, so this part is easy now too. 900 mcg per ml multiplied by 0.075 ml per spray = 67.5 mcg per spray. If we double check, we can multiply this number by the total number of sprays, we should get the total pheromone content per bottle. Yup, 67.5 mcg per spray multiplied by 400 sprays = 27,000 mcg. Okay, so let's keep that number handy too.

67.5 mcg per spray

Next, let's figure out how many mcg total pheromone are in each application. Remember the recommended application was "3 or more" sprays and we decoded that to mean 4. 4 sprays multiplied by 67.5 mcg per spray = 270 mcg! If we want to check that, 270 mcg multiplied by 100 applications = 27,000 mcg... yes, it checks out.

1 application = 4 sprays = 270 mcg!!

or 1 application = 3 sprays = 202.5 mcg

So, let's put it all together, all the information given and what we've found out about this product:

- 1 fl oz (30 ml) per bottle
- 27,000 mcg content per bottle
- 100 applications per bottle
- (or 133 applications per bottle-3 sprays ea.)

- 400 sprays per bottle
- 4 sprays per application
- (or 3 sprays per application)

- 67.5 mcg per spray
- 270 mcg per application
- (or 202.5 mcg per application-3 sprays)

What do you think? Was this helpful?

Diane
(This post was last modified: 11-20-2009 11:41 PM by Diane999.)
11-20-2009 11:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mark-in-dallas
Dumb Guy That Pays The Bills

RE: Ever wonder what those specifications on your products mean?
11-21-2009 12:44 AM

Helpful enough that I tried to rep you for it, but got the "spread the love message". No problem, I'll just go into the database to do it. Smile

The older I get the less threatening a life sentence sounds

Sympathy for the Devil only results in victimized angels.
11-21-2009 12:44 AM
Diane999
Banned for Violations

11-21-2009 2:51 AM

Cool! Thanks, Mark!

If anyone wants help decoding any other item, let me know.

Diane
11-21-2009 2:51 AM
Tisha
Inactive Account

Sex: Female

Rep Post

11-21-2009 6:34 AM

There is 200 to 240 sprays in a 30 ml bottle depending on what kind of bottle your using. I just want to mention this for people who may be using other products other then Alpha dream ones. Theirs is a different style bottle then most mone users sell. Its going to be different with each vendor which is why its good for them to provide alot of info on this instead of just saying "the strongest pheromones sold ever" (snort) [Image: biggrin.gif]
11-21-2009 6:34 AM
Diane999
Banned for Violations

11-21-2009 6:50 AM

(11-21-2009 6:34 AM)Tisha Wrote:  There is 200 to 240 sprays in a 30 ml bottle depending on what kind of bottle your using. I just want to mention this for people who may be using other products other then Alpha dream ones. Theirs is a different style bottle then most mone users sell. Its going to be different with each vendor which is why its good for them to provide alot of info on this instead of just saying "the strongest pheromones sold ever" (snort) [Image: biggrin.gif]

I agree. I think the more information the better.

But, actually, it depends on the size of the compartment in the spray head how many sprays you will get. For example, I get mine from Ed Luce. These are 75 ml/spray, and for those the number of sprays per bottle is 400, not 200. I don't know if that is typical for this type of spray head or not.

I guess, you could say for the 30 ml rounds, 200 to 400 is possible, but every manufacturer is different. Theoretically, I could put a plant mister spray head and get 50 sprays per bottle, but I'd be drenched, or I could put a spray head on that just gave a little puff, get 1600 sprays per bottle, and then I'd be trying to spray all day to get anything... lol.

Diane
(This post was last modified: 11-21-2009 6:52 AM by Diane999.)
11-21-2009 6:50 AM

Tisha
Inactive Account

Rep Post

11-22-2009 6:30 AM

Well yes the spray head matters but usually when the bottle is different then the standard pheromone type bottles we always use the spray head is also different. The 200 to 240 estimate comes from Bassnotes and other perfuming sites. I never sat and sprayed to find out myself it would be like trying to find out how many licks it takes to get to the tootsie roll middle on a tootsie pop. Hey that would be a funny punishment. Next time my son gets in trouble I will fill a 30 ml bottle with water and make him count how many sprays he gets out of it. LOL Just kidding, he hardly gets in trouble (snort).[Image: biggrin.gif]

Anywho, pheromones work in ranges, Take Alpha Androstenol for instance. My range for effectiveness is 10 to 20 mcgs. Less then that I dont see much and more I just get goofy. So many people worry about getting the exact dosage especially if you come from somewhere like Androtics. Thats because of there claims of being the only dosed products out there. The truth is as long as you hit in your range you should be good its just finding that range that can be a pain in the butt.

Tisha
11-22-2009 6:30 AM
Phya
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

11-22-2009 8:03 AM

Lots of great info on dosing. Thank you!

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma... which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary."
-Steve Jobs
11-22-2009 8:03 AM
Diane999
Banned for Violations

11-22-2009 2:57 PM

(11-22-2009 6:30 AM)Tisha Wrote:  Well yes the spray head matters but usually when the bottle is different then the standard pheromone type bottles we always use the spray head is also different. The 200 to 240 estimate comes from Bassnotes and other perfuming sites. I never sat and sprayed to find out myself it would be like trying to find out how many licks it takes to get to the tootsie roll middle on a tootsie pop. Hey that would be a funny punishment. Next time my son gets in trouble I will fill a 30 ml bottle with water and make him count how many sprays he gets out of it. LOL Just kidding, he hardly gets in trouble (snort).[Image: biggrin.gif]

Anywho, pheromones work in ranges, Take Alpha Androstenol for instance. My range for effectiveness is 10 to 20 mcgs. Less then that I dont see much and more I just get goofy. So many people worry about getting the exact dosage especially if you come from somewhere like Androtics. Thats because of there claims of being the only dosed products out there. The truth is as long as you hit in your range you should be good its just finding that range that can be a pain in the butt.

Tisha

I agree and you are absolutely right about the range target being the most important matter. But here is the kicker... some of the putative pheromones I've been looking at have two or three different effects depending on the range. And those different effects are startling.

This is because of the way these bind to their target receptors. A little might change the shape of the receptor slightly, a little more might cause new binding sites for the molecule to open up that causes a different change, etc.

For example, allopregnanolone in a very, very low range makes people irritable, some even violent, or depressed. (Think PMS or PMDD), at a slightly higher range it causes an anti-anxiety effect and is calming, and makes you feel good. At a higher range still it becomes hypnotic and very sedating.

So, the target range is extremely important.

Then there are the slight differences each of us brings to the table because of our genetic heritage, and each of us might be a little different in what our target ranges are. So, knowing the concentration in this regard can be helpful for tailoring a product to us, specifically.

And then there is the gender factor which might play a role in some pheromones. TH-Doc, for example has a stronger effect on males than it does on females, causing excitement of the hypothalmus much more in men than it does in women.

And then there is aging and this plays a significant role on how you respond to pheromones, because of loss of receptors, or loss of neuron connections in the brain.

If I had the time, this is a very fascinating area to explore, since it is very active in the research community at the moment, where the researchers are not only looking at defining the processes of aging, but also trying to find ways to reverse the brain's aging processes.

Some of the pheromones we are probably using already are being put to the test to see if they can be used to restore brain functioning in the aging population.

Diane
(This post was last modified: 11-22-2009 2:59 PM by Diane999.)
11-22-2009 2:57 PM
cancermoon
Phero testing...

Rep Post

12-15-2009 12:34 AM

<p>Wow, thanks for the info! It does get confusing reading all the different sites labeling and dosages.</p>
12-15-2009 12:34 AM

Share This Thread