Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Even more futuristic than UTube Videos
Mtnjim
Curmudgen

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Even more futuristic than UTube Videos
08-19-2009 4:40 PM

Quote:CBS to run video ad in EW print magazine

By ANDREW VANACORE, The Associated Press

1:17 p.m. August 19, 2009

NEW YORK "” An upcoming issue of Entertainment Weekly's print edition will be embedded with a video player that will run ads for CBS shows and Pepsi.

The ad comes in a heavy-paper package resembling the kind of novelty greeting cards that make noises. A roughly two-inch screen starts playing automatically as the page flips open. A speaker is embedded below it.

CBS Corp. and Time Warner Inc.'s Entertainment Weekly billed the video advertisement as the first ever to appear in a print magazine. CBS says the video player insert, made by a Los Angeles company called Americhip Inc., will be able to withstand the binding processes and mail delivery.

Ink-on-paper titles have been trying new formats to boost advertising revenue. Major newspapers have taken the once-taboo step of offering ads on their front pages, while magazines have tucked ads into cover flaps and even distributed video promotions on DVDs.

CBS won't say how much it is paying for the spread, but the idea behind these new experiments is generally to charge a premium for advertising that has more potential to catch readers' attention.

The video inserts will appear in some copies of the fall TV preview issue mailed to subscribers in New York and Los Angeles.

In the ad, characters from CBS's "The Big Bang Theory" talk up EW and give a how-to on navigating the different buttons that bring up more clips.

A menu of additional spots includes a clip from "Two and Half Men," a sneak peek at the new CBS comedy "Accidentally on Purpose" and a preview of the network's fall drama slate. There's also an ad for the Pepsi Max diet

To stay young requires unceasing cultivation of the ability to unlearn old falsehoods.
---Lazerous Long
08-19-2009 4:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Phya
Contributes Regularly

Sex: Male

Rep Post

RE: Even more futuristic than UTube Videos
08-19-2009 6:19 PM

That's kinda cool. I guess. The way my mail gets handled though...I don't think it'll survive the trip into my hands. My question is: Will it shut up when I flip the page?

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma... which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary."
-Steve Jobs
08-19-2009 6:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Share This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Light hearted videos. QuietGuy 45 17,729 09-22-2010 6:47 PM
Last Post: QuietGuy