Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Erox rises from the ashes
jvkohl
Expert

Sex: Male

Thanks Given: 34
Thanks received:
493 thanks in 201 posts

Erox rises from the ashes
05-17-2011 9:14 PM

Supposedly, their new "pheromone" product will be called "Erox." I bet they would have liked to call it "Scent of Eros" or "Scent of Erox" since we actually have results that show the mixture of androstenol and androsterone influence women's flirtatious behavior and self-reported level of attraction to the man wearing the mixture.

I find it unfortunate that consumers appear to be in for another blast of product marketing geared to those who are desperate to believe in a magical aphrodisiacal effect of sea coral. At least, so far, there's no claim that the new chemical acts via a non-functional organ or "sixth sense." But that simply makes me wonder what their new approach will be. A social media approach? Perhaps we'll see them here, and if not -- why not?

James V. Kohl
05-17-2011 9:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Beccah
Queen of the Bs

Sex: Female

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 33
Thanks received:
287 thanks in 362 posts

RE: Erox rises from the ashes
05-17-2011 10:38 PM

Interesting. The last I'd heard of them, they had partnered with Marylin Miglin to launch that 6th sense fragrance. I just know that I won't use another of their products, because I felt they weren't upfront that the products were intended more for self effects & I've experienced more hits from women wearing Realm, than I ever did from men. Actually any I got from men were probably a placebo effect, lol.
05-17-2011 10:38 PM
mark-in-dallas
Administrator

Thanks Given: 1832
Thanks received:
4795 thanks in 1978 posts

05-17-2011 10:46 PM

James, Have I missed something and is there a reason this is in the Androtics forum? If not you need to either advise me to move the thread or you need to delete it!

Lord knows I'm not the biggest fan of Androtics, but if it is not them releasing Erox, then this thread has absolutely no reason for being in their forum.

And, regardless of whether it belongs here or not, you are posting in another vendors forum and I am forced to remind you that you have violated the vendor posting policy.

Please either advise me where this thread belongs, or delete it. And please do not post in other vendors forums or threads about their products in the future.

And James, I have the utmost respect for you and I hope you don't take this wrong. I realize that you are a scientist and probably responsible for advancing pheromone research more so than anyone else on the planet. But, you are also a vendor now, and have to abide by the same policies that we've set for other vendors, lest this forum turns into a venue for vendors to bash each other. I hope you understand.

Nobody changes until the pain of staying the same becomes greater than the pain of change....
05-17-2011 10:46 PM
jvkohl
Expert

Thanks received:
493 thanks in 201 posts

05-18-2011 4:26 AM

Mark,
I apologize. I must not have been paying enough attention to the placement. Please move this thread. I will try to determine how I managed to place it under Androtics.

James

(05-17-2011 10:46 PM)mark-in-dallas Wrote:  James, Have I missed something and is there a reason this is in the Androtics forum? If not you need to either advise me to move the thread or you need to delete it!

Lord knows I'm not the biggest fan of Androtics, but if it is not them releasing Erox, then this thread has absolutely no reason for being in their forum.

And, regardless of whether it belongs here or not, you are posting in another vendors forum and I am forced to remind you that you have violated the vendor posting policy.

Please either advise me where this thread belongs, or delete it. And please do not post in other vendors forums or threads about their products in the future.

And James, I have the utmost respect for you and I hope you don't take this wrong. I realize that you are a scientist and probably responsible for advancing pheromone research more so than anyone else on the planet. But, you are also a vendor now, and have to abide by the same policies that we've set for other vendors, lest this forum turns into a venue for vendors to bash each other. I hope you understand.
05-18-2011 4:26 AM
mark-in-dallas
Administrator

Thanks received:

05-18-2011 5:55 AM

Noved to the main Product Reviews forum.

Nobody changes until the pain of staying the same becomes greater than the pain of change....
05-18-2011 5:55 AM

jvkohl
Expert

Thanks received:
493 thanks in 201 posts

05-18-2011 8:48 AM

The problem I have is that statements are again being made about study results that I have not seen presented or published. I spend a lot of time staying current in this regard. When someone says we have shown an affect on behavior of their chemical(s), I want to look at the study design and statistical analysis. For example, after we found an affect on flirtatious behavior and self-reported level of attraction in women exposed for 15 minutes to a man wearing a mixture of androstenol and androsterone, another group used a very similar design and found no affect with androstadienone.

L.C. Kelahan, H. Hoffmann, J.V. Kohl, A. Shea, Androstenol/androsterone may condition a human hormonal effect/behavioral affect, in Association for Chemoreception Sciences 29th Annual Meeting. 2007: Sarasota, Florida.

M. Olsson, J. Lundstrom, F. Esteves, P. Arriaga, M. McClintock, Effects of androstadienone and menstrual cycle phase on flirting behavior in random couples, in International Symposium on Olfaction and Taste. 2008: San Francisco, California.

Results from studies like these can typically be found in presentation abstracts -- if you know where to look (as I usually do). So, when someone touts results that I haven't seen with no information on where they were presented, it's a pretty good chance there's some sort of marketing scam going on.

Perhaps we will hear from these folk on this forum, but if not -- since their campaign is being billed as a social media campaign -- there may be a reason to exclude Pherotruth from the campaign.

James V. Kohl

(05-17-2011 10:38 PM)Beccah1 Wrote:  Interesting. The last I'd heard of them, they had partnered with Marylin Miglin to launch that 6th sense fragrance. I just know that I won't use another of their products, because I felt they weren't upfront that the products were intended more for self effects & I've experienced more hits from women wearing Realm, than I ever did from men. Actually any I got from men were probably a placebo effect, lol.
05-18-2011 8:48 AM
Beccah
Queen of the Bs

Rep Post

Thanks received:
287 thanks in 362 posts

05-18-2011 2:41 PM

(05-18-2011 8:48 AM)jvkohl Wrote:  Perhaps we will hear from these folk on this forum, but if not -- since their campaign is being billed as a social media campaign -- there may be a reason to exclude Pherotruth from the campaign.

James V. Kohl

I would be entirely amazed if they make an appearance here. Entirely O/T, but I don't think the Athena Institute has popped in yet either?
After experiencing companies that actually interact with their customers & talking to the company owners that put their blood, sweat, & tears into their products & back them up with fantastic customer service. I would be hard pressed to go back to spending my hard earned money with the retailers that sink their funds into advertising over customer care. We're in the era of lightning speed connections & communications, and from reading the article, I'm assuming this company finally got the message. However, it's likely too late (imo), as they'll soon find their reputation proceeds them.
05-18-2011 2:41 PM
jvkohl
Expert

Thanks received:
493 thanks in 201 posts

05-18-2011 3:59 PM

Beccah1,

I posted twice about this before realizing I'm violating the rules about commenting on other products because I am a vendor. I tend to think first in terms of the science, as many people know, but I've been irresponsible in my posts. I didn't want to pull them, because it would leave your posts hanging -- but mark-in-dallas has my permission to do so. Sorry to have drawn you into this, but I think the thread should be pulled for the good of all concerned.

James

(05-18-2011 2:41 PM)Beccah1 Wrote:  I would be entirely amazed if they make an appearance here. Entirely O/T, but I don't think the Athena Institute has popped in yet either?
After experiencing companies that actually interact with their customers & talking to the company owners that put their blood, sweat, & tears into their products & back them up with fantastic customer service. I would be hard pressed to go back to spending my hard earned money with the retailers that sink their funds into advertising over customer care. We're in the era of lightning speed connections & communications, and from reading the article, I'm assuming this company finally got the message. However, it's likely too late (imo), as they'll soon find their reputation proceeds them.
05-18-2011 3:59 PM
mark-in-dallas
Administrator

Thanks received:

05-18-2011 10:05 PM

I'm not pulling any threads for stepping accoss a line without thinking.

Now if anyone wants to make a mad sprint accross the line to see how far they'll get, well that's another story, and Ill be standing on the sidelines with my finger on the delete button.

When this forum was first started, PheroTruth promised that we would not censor unless absolutlely neccessary, and that we've always been true to that promise and always will be.

However, James you are welcome to edit the posts and remove information that could possibly come back and bite you. I just ask that if you decide to remove anything you replace the deleted information with a statement saying that the information was self censored.

But, I don't think that this has gotten far enough out of hand that any harm is going to be caused to any party. My PM's to you were just to point out what could happen if it progressed and and where it could lead.

05-18-2011 10:05 PM

Beccah
Queen of the Bs

Rep Post

Thanks received:
287 thanks in 362 posts

05-19-2011 1:26 PM

(05-18-2011 3:59 PM)jvkohl Wrote:  Beccah1,

I posted twice about this before realizing I'm violating the rules about commenting on other products because I am a vendor. I tend to think first in terms of the science, as many people know, but I've been irresponsible in my posts. I didn't want to pull them, because it would leave your posts hanging -- but mark-in-dallas has my permission to do so. Sorry to have drawn you into this, but I think the thread should be pulled for the good of all concerned.

James

Oh sorry, & no you didn't draw me in. You can check over @ LP's forum & see what I've said about this product waaayyy before this thread:

Quote:Apr 25 2011, 09:23 PM
Post #5
I'll have to check those out when I get more time, but I just wanna say Realm for women was my first pheromone perfume too. The funny part was every time I wore it my husband & I would fight & it seemed like only girls hit on me! It was more like anti-pheromone, lol.

Feel free to pull my quote, if it's in violation, but I just wanted to show that my opinion was entirely influenced by the crappy time I had with this product & nothing else.
05-19-2011 1:26 PM

Share This Thread