Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Does Glace require a cover scent?
kentdave
Contributes Regularly

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Does Glace require a cover scent?
11-01-2011 1:15 PM

I've used Glace 1sp and 2sp on separate occasions with none of the effects that everyone else has been raving about.

I have a couple of theories for this, including spraying it on the back of my hands instead of a more efficient dispersion point, testing with too small a subset of people, and others.

Meanwhile, I'd like to eliminate the possibility of the scent issue contributing to Glace's non-functionality.

So, should I use a cover scent for Glace?

1) Could it be because going unscented repels people, cause to them I smell bad? (Glace doesn't smell bad to me though)

2) Could it be because unscented Glace has a limited range, coupled with spraying on the back of my hands, severely limits its diffusion?

If you think that I should use a cover scent, then I would also appreciate any recommendations for one.
11-01-2011 1:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
dbot
Street Psychologist

Rep Post

RE: Does Glace require a cover scent?
11-01-2011 2:14 PM

Cover scent can help diffusion, but I imagine the bigger issue is your application point. The backs of the hands aren't particularly warm and are prone to rubbing against things (e.g. pockets), thereby removing the juice.
11-01-2011 2:14 PM
pherofun
Checking out the place

Sex:

Rep Post

11-01-2011 2:46 PM

(11-01-2011 2:14 PM)dbot Wrote:  Cover scent can help diffusion, but I imagine the bigger issue is your application point. The backs of the hands aren't particularly warm and are prone to rubbing against things (e.g. pockets), thereby removing the juice.

I used it last week at a meeting. Results were very favorable with very friendly and positive response from the group. I tried to cover, but don't think I did a good job as one woman said ' it smells like closets around here. Does anyone else smell that'. Nobody responded and everything was positive from there.

Bottom line, it does need a good cover, but the smell isn't that bad, at least compared to none. I've mis-covered none and had comments like ' it smells like someone urinated here'. I would recommend covering it up and trying it a few more times. For some people it doesn't work well and Hypnotica seems better for them.
11-01-2011 2:46 PM
kentdave
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

11-01-2011 3:17 PM

(11-01-2011 2:14 PM)dbot Wrote:  Cover scent can help diffusion, but I imagine the bigger issue is your application point. The backs of the hands aren't particularly warm and are prone to rubbing against things (e.g. pockets), thereby removing the juice.

are the back of the neck and the back of the ears considered good diffusion points?
(11-01-2011 2:46 PM)pherofun Wrote:  I used it last week at a meeting. Results were very favorable with very friendly and positive response from the group. I tried to cover, but don't think I did a good job as one woman said ' it smells like closets around here. Does anyone else smell that'. Nobody responded and everything was positive from there.

Bottom line, it does need a good cover, but the smell isn't that bad, at least compared to none. I've mis-covered none and had comments like ' it smells like someone urinated here'. I would recommend covering it up and trying it a few more times. For some people it doesn't work well and Hypnotica seems better for them.

what do you cover with?
(This post was last modified: 11-01-2011 3:18 PM by kentdave.)
11-01-2011 3:17 PM
dbot
Street Psychologist

Rep Post

11-01-2011 3:21 PM

(11-01-2011 3:17 PM)kentdave Wrote:  are the back of the neck and the back of the ears considered good diffusion points?

Yeah, as long as your shirt collar isn't going to be rubbing it off the back of your neck. Just spray it wherever you would normally spray a cologne for good diffusion -- pulse points on the neck are usually the best. Behind the ears also works.
11-01-2011 3:21 PM

chief101
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

11-01-2011 5:39 PM

I would definitely use a cover scent with Glace. I've only begun using it the past week or so and haven't had too much experience with it yet but I usually spray it on my wrists and neck/chest.
11-01-2011 5:39 PM
as33156
Ubermensch

Sex: Often Please

Rep Post

11-01-2011 6:19 PM

Yes it does!

My Journal: http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Nice-guy-to...My-journey

My Survival Course & Thread (GET IT & THRIVE): http://pherotruth.com/Thread-The-Modern-...#pid108462

"We can delude ourselves into thinking that ALL WE NEED is one more product, one more seminar, one more "thing" and our lives will be set. But the truth is that our lives are on a continuous path that NEVER peaks. We just keep getting better and better or worse and worse."
11-01-2011 6:19 PM
kentdave
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

11-01-2011 6:20 PM

(11-01-2011 6:19 PM)as33156 Wrote:  Yes it does!

why?
11-01-2011 6:20 PM
as33156
Ubermensch

Sex: Often Please

Rep Post

11-01-2011 6:40 PM

(11-01-2011 6:20 PM)kentdave Wrote:  why?

Because to me it smells like liquid plastic or a light type of hand soap you use when you are a mechanic to get grease off your hands. Or the light version of the spray DW-40.

It could be a different smell for others but for me that's the only descriptions I can come up with.

My Journal: http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Nice-guy-to...My-journey

My Survival Course & Thread (GET IT & THRIVE): http://pherotruth.com/Thread-The-Modern-...#pid108462

"We can delude ourselves into thinking that ALL WE NEED is one more product, one more seminar, one more "thing" and our lives will be set. But the truth is that our lives are on a continuous path that NEVER peaks. We just keep getting better and better or worse and worse."
11-01-2011 6:40 PM
Alpha Dream - Banned
Banned

11-01-2011 7:19 PM

The 'plastic' odor is typical of alpha androstenol when used in high concentrations. The Alpha Androstenol is very pure, it is just the natural odor of the substance - and there's a lot of it in glace!
(This post was last modified: 11-01-2011 7:20 PM by Alpha Dream.)
11-01-2011 7:19 PM

Share This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Best way to cover Glace? howler 0 1,899 12-05-2011 6:56 PM
Last Post: howler