Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Disappearing Text in Posts after submit
Gegogi
Yikes! Cupcakes 'n Bondage

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 26
Thanks received:
103 thanks in 54 posts

Disappearing Text in Posts after submit
02-08-2010 7:10 PM

Several times I lately my posted text disappeared after clicking submit.  Basically I clicked on reply, the quoted material appeared in the textbox, I typed my response and clicked on submit. And to my chagrin, the text is gone--often a couple paragraphs--but the quoted material is still there. No pasted text, just something I typed. No don't have any problems at the 5 or 6 other forums I frequent, so something must be up here.

I'm using Mac OS 10.6.2 and Safari on a MacPro if that matters.

Ah don't wanna pickle...just wanna ride mah motosickle! Twisted
(This post was last modified: 02-08-2010 7:59 PM by Gegogi.)
02-08-2010 7:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Gegogi

Rep Post

Thanks received:
103 thanks in 54 posts

RE: Disappearing Text in Posts after submit
02-08-2010 7:13 PM

(02-08-2010 7:10 PM)Gegogi Wrote:  

Several times I lately my posted text disappeared after clicking submit.  Basically I clicked on reply, the quoted material appeared in the textbox, I typed my response and clicked on submit. And to my chagrin, the text is gone--often a couple paragraphs--but the quoted material is still there. No pasted text, just something I typed. No don't have any problems at the 5 or 6 other forums I frequent, so something must be up here.

I'm using Mac OS 10.6.2 and Safari on a MacPro if that matters.

(This post was last modified: 02-08-2010 7:59 PM by Gegogi.)
02-08-2010 7:13 PM
Gegogi

Rep Post

Thanks received:
103 thanks in 54 posts

02-08-2010 7:16 PM

The missing text in the above post should be directly below the quote box and read:

"Just checking to see if it goes ape shit on me again."

And, yep, it went all ape shot and, indeed, is a reproducible problem.

02-08-2010 7:16 PM
zeph
=]

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 87
Thanks received:
85 thanks in 51 posts

02-08-2010 7:24 PM

A few people were having the same issues. Me and Phya were having the same issues. I'm on Mac OS 10.4.11 and using Safari. What I had to do for the time being was quote people and then edit the quote and use that box as if it were a reply.

All three of us are using Safari and on a mac I believe. So far this is the only thing I've found that works.

(This post was last modified: 02-08-2010 7:25 PM by zeph.)
02-08-2010 7:24 PM
Gegogi

Rep Post

Thanks received:
103 thanks in 54 posts

02-08-2010 7:57 PM

My workaround was to copy all text prior to hitting submit and paste it all back in during a subsequent edit. The bummer is sometimes I forget something is wrong with this site and neglect to copy the friggen post...

02-08-2010 7:57 PM

Phya
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 31
Thanks received:
135 thanks in 88 posts

02-08-2010 8:34 PM

Yeah, your problem is exactly my problem (and it seems for many others as well). I've noticed that any changes to the quotations are also lost. The strange thing is that it happened practically overnight for me. Everything was working fine, then all of a sudden this. Seems like there must have been a change in the backend somewhere that is causing this, although Mark has stated that he has made no changes to the forum.

(02-08-2010 7:57 PM)Gegogi Wrote:  My workaround was to copy all text prior to hitting submit and paste it all back in during a subsequent edit. The bummer is sometimes I forget something is wrong with this site and neglect to copy the friggen post...

(02-08-2010 7:57 PM)Gegogi Wrote:  My workaround was to copy all text prior to hitting submit and paste it all back in during a subsequent edit. The bummer is sometimes I forget something is wrong with this site and neglect to copy the friggen post...

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma... which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary."
-Steve Jobs
(This post was last modified: 02-08-2010 8:39 PM by Phya.)
02-08-2010 8:34 PM
Phya
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 31
Thanks received:
135 thanks in 88 posts

02-08-2010 8:36 PM

Wow. I just noticed something while trying out an alternative to 'quote-reply'. I used the quote + button (in between the quote reply and report buttons), then clicked Add Reply at the very bottom. That happened to append the selected quotes to my previous post, as you can see above. I did it twice just to make sure what I saw was really happening.

Yeah, happens with I click the quote+ button, then use the quote-reply button for the same post too. Strange..

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma... which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary."
-Steve Jobs
(This post was last modified: 02-08-2010 8:37 PM by Phya.)
02-08-2010 8:36 PM
Gone with the Wind
Pheromone Wraith

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 10
Thanks received:
28 thanks in 19 posts

02-08-2010 9:36 PM

I think you guys are on the autocensor list.

;)

Gone with the Wind

<p align="center">Gate, gate, paragate, parasamgate. Bodhi svaha!</p>
02-08-2010 9:36 PM
terry0400-40

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 3971
Thanks received:
3314 thanks in 1520 posts

02-08-2010 11:47 PM

(02-08-2010 9:36 PM)Gone with the Wind Wrote:  I think you guys are on the autocensor list. ;)
I certainly can empathise with them because i was on the autocensor list down the road at Phero Talk for maby a year, and i am so glad that them here have not realized that i am a bad boy and begin moderating me shooooosh now.
Also i can understand the situation in the case of Big G as he is a real bad boy and sorta makes the likes of me look like a sweet little angel lol.

My thread >
http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Sex-pills-a...nt-reviews
02-08-2010 11:47 PM

Tisha
Inactive Account

Sex: Female

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 148
Thanks received:
229 thanks in 164 posts

02-09-2010 12:54 AM

Sorry guys, I know its a pain in the ass but Mark will work it out. He has been mega busy with work though. We cant figure out why this problem is sudden. The editor was working fine for everyone for a while. Its a big job that takes a couple hours to fix and as soon as he can he will look into it. He has gotta do his real job first though

No one is on auto censor, they dont even have that feature for forums. Your post wouldnt show up at all if you were on the moderated list. This is strickly a editor problem.

However you are all still bad boys and need a spank ;)

Tisha
02-09-2010 12:54 AM

Share This Thread