Hello There, Guest! Register

Or login with , or

Welcome to the PheroTruth Pheromone Forum - Dedicated to providing accurate, uncensored and unbiased reviews, advice, information and suggestions on pheromones and pheromone company's, furthering science and research on pheromones, and helping those who want to learn more about pheromones, from real people who are experienced pheromone users.

PheroTruth is not owned by or operated by any pheromone company and we are an uncensored forum. Members can freely post about anything relating to pheromones, without fear of having their posts edited for content, spelling, or censored for discussing or linking to other pheromone websites. Our members are welcome to review, discuss, share information, advice and suggestions, or ask questions about any pheromones, companies or products.

Stop in and look around! We hope you'll enjoy our forum and maybe make some new friends. If you have been a member of other pheromone forums, then you'll probably see some familiar names and re-connect with those you already know and love.

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Diane's information about pheromones
zeph
=]

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 87
Thanks received:
61 thanks in 39 posts

Diane's information about pheromones
08-18-2010 3:11 AM

On her site regarding pheromones, she says that "Androstenone is not produced by the human body, excreted by the human body, or
used as a neuro-steroid by the human brain."

Why does she say this when it's not completely true?
"Moreover, androstenone is a pheromone in boars and is found in urine and axillary sweat in humans..."
Quote from a pubmed article below.

I've used her products before and they've seemed to work pretty well for me. I was planning on ordering FTL but when I checked that link, I have an issue with the way she is portraying information about that particular pheromone. I know she is against using -none, but to the extent that she is not accurately portraying -none makes me think twice about ordering from her. I also really wanna try pursuit too, but I dunno. Anyone have any idea why that sort of information is on her site?
08-18-2010 3:11 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Tisha
Inactive Account

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 148
Thanks received:
171 thanks in 146 posts

RE: Diane's information about pheromones
08-18-2010 5:12 AM

I agree Zeph it is misinformation. It is secreted by the body in humans and this is backed by hundreds of studies. Of course there is debate and further research needed as to what its function is and if its acts pheromonally in humans but you can say that of every single pheromone out there.

Diane doesn't like Androstenone, she never really has which is clear from all her posts regarding it on PT. That's fine though we all dont like every molecule and she has the right to choose what she feels comfortable selling. Much like they have banned the use of Androstadienone over at AD. I dont agree with there take on Androstadienone . I believe its personal bias. Jasmin may talk about it in the forum on a more personal (interacting with members) level but as a company they will not post misinformation on there store website derived from that bias.

Quote: Anyone have any idea why that sort of information is on her site?

Its probably a number of reasons. She doesn't like Androstenone or the results she got with it. Competition with her competitors who do rely heavily on Androstenone. Who knows ??

Tisha
08-18-2010 5:12 AM
mark-in-dallas
Nobody Special

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 131
Thanks received:
239 thanks in 184 posts

08-18-2010 7:20 AM

I pointed that out awhile back too. She doesn't use any molecules in her products that she doesn't like, and finds any supporting documentation she can to justify not using them, and posts the information on her site.

As I recall, she has a horrible reaction to Androstenone, and she did not like Methoxyestratetraenone and reported effects from it that differed from pretty much everyone else.

It's up to vendosr to choose what ingrediants they use in their products, but I have a problem with a vendor providing disinformation and attempting to dissuade people from using a product just because they have a problem with it.

From everything I've read, Diane seems to have released some great products. She doesn't need to use misinformation to justify her actions and decisions.

But then again, who am I to question her, remember, I'm possessed by demons and she feels sorry for me. Diablo

[Image: flying_dragon.gif]
08-18-2010 7:20 AM
tezza23
Getting comfortable

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 23
Thanks received:
35 thanks in 8 posts

08-18-2010 10:20 AM

Diane seems to use androstanone instead of androstenone for her mixes. A-none and e-none seem very similar*, except that a-none is more volatile (tending to evaporate faster) than e-none (which is notoriously sticky). I have tried Pursuit and it does get me increased eye contact and attention from females in close proximity who have had time to get a whiff of it (three to six feet, 15-20 seconds minimum).

*From what I have read. I don't get the same tension and anxiety from Diane's a-none mixes that I get from high e-none mixes like Turn Up The Heat. I dunno what that means, maybe I just respond badly to e-none.
08-18-2010 10:20 AM
zeph
=]

Rep Post

Thanks received:
61 thanks in 39 posts

08-18-2010 10:38 AM

huh, that seems like a strange business practice. Whatever, her business and she seems to have products that work well. I'll send her an email and see if I can get a product or two.
08-18-2010 10:38 AM

Tisha
Inactive Account

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 148
Thanks received:
171 thanks in 146 posts

08-18-2010 4:21 PM

Quote:*From what I have read. I don't get the same tension and anxiety from Diane's a-none mixes that I get from high e-none mixes like Turn Up The Heat. I dunno what that means, maybe I just respond badly to e-none.

Have you only tried oils or have you tried the sprays as well. Oils would be milder for both Androstanone and Androstenone because they diffuse slowly and last longer.

I am not questioning that her product works for you, I am just curious.

Tisha
08-18-2010 4:21 PM
Gegogi
Yikes! Cupcakes 'n Bondage

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 26
Thanks received:
68 thanks in 41 posts

08-18-2010 11:59 PM

(08-18-2010 3:11 AM)zeph Wrote:  On her site regarding pheromones, she says that "Androstenone is not produced by the human body, excreted by the human body, or
used as a neuro-steroid by the human brain."

Why does she say this when it's not completely true?

Actually I think she is partially correct insomuch as androstenone is not produced directly on human skin. It is produced by the action of bacteria acting on Androstadienone and/or androstenol. Androstenone is the final byproduct of said bacterial action. According to an old JVK article I read, this breakdown can occur in as little as 20 minutes under ideal conditions (unshowered hairy ass man dancing wilding in a steamy club). Most guys shower twice daily and hence have little chance of producing any significant amount of androstenone unless they're exercising or work as a laborer.

I work in a ice cold AC infested office and my sweat sucks back in my body...

Ah don't wanna pickle...just wanna ride mah motosickle! Twisted
(This post was last modified: 08-19-2010 12:00 AM by Gegogi.)
08-18-2010 11:59 PM
Thanks given by JohnnyHard
tezza23
Getting comfortable

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 23
Thanks received:
35 thanks in 8 posts

08-19-2010 2:51 AM

Quote:Have you only tried oils or have you tried the sprays as well. Oils would be milder for both Androstanone and Androstenone because they diffuse slowly and last longer.

Just sprays for both Pursuit and Turn Up The Heat. Both sprayed on wrists then rubbed together and on sides of neck. I don't get any none side-effect from A314, but I don't know how much it contains, and as you say, the diffusion would be much slower. Turn Up The Heat of course is quite a high dose of none, maybe higher than the dose of Androstanone in Pursuit, since I don't know what Pheromones or proportions are in Pursuit. All I can say with certainty is "my subjective experience of the two mixes is different".

@Gegogi: if pubmed is correct and none is excreted in the urine, I think that would imply it must be circulating in the blood since that's where the kidneys would be getting it from.
08-19-2010 2:51 AM
zeph
=]

Rep Post

Thanks received:
61 thanks in 39 posts

08-19-2010 3:25 AM

(08-18-2010 11:59 PM)Gegogi Wrote:  Actually I think she is partially correct insomuch as androstenone is not produced directly on human skin. It is produced by the action of bacteria acting on Androstadienone and/or androstenol. Androstenone is the final byproduct of said bacterial action. According to an old JVK article I read, this breakdown can occur in as little as 20 minutes under ideal conditions (unshowered hairy ass man dancing wilding in a steamy club). Most guys shower twice daily and hence have little chance of producing any significant amount of androstenone unless they're exercising or work as a laborer.

I work in a ice cold AC infested office and my sweat sucks back in my body...

Well, from her overall tone from what she posted on her site, it sounds like she is trying to persuade the reader that it is more negative than positive. There are plenty of people who have found -none to be a very powerful attraction molecule and do not have said negative effects. Also, -none is found in human urine which may or may not be a product of bacteria. It's found in boar saliva, but I haven't really had the time to see if it's actually produced by boars or by bacteria. Many of the proteins, hormones and "pheromones" that are found in many higher level vertebrates are also found in humans. Many of the receptors for many processes in our body from immune to homeostasis are common to humans as well as many other mammals.
I'm not trying to bash her or anything, I just thought it could seem misleading to someone who had no experience in pheromones. I've just always felt that if you were to be a good scientist or were to present a good argument for something, you present your side, your reasons and the other side and their reasons. Regardless, like I've said, her products are backed by people from this forum as well as PT. They're users we know and can trust and I'm interested in purchasing them. It just seemed odd that she would present such information in a one sided manner, kind of like Androtics would. =/
08-19-2010 3:25 AM
Thanks given by Tisha

esmeralda
The Phero Faerie

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 136
Thanks received:
68 thanks in 51 posts

08-19-2010 11:20 AM

That is misinformation, period.

Androstenone is secreted by the body, it's a fact.

I am further disappointed by her misinforming, not saying anything negative about her products as I've never tried her mixes, but I don't like her ethics so far. Saying that you dislike a molecule is one thing, but twisting and turning your opinion into a fact is another story.
(This post was last modified: 08-19-2010 11:21 AM by esmeralda.)
08-19-2010 11:20 AM

Share This Thread