Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Developing theoretical guidelines for choosing molecules to test -Project Independent
renny
Serious Poster

Sex: Male

Rep Post

RE: Developing theoretical guidelines for choosing molecules to test -Project Independent
10-23-2009 8:48 AM

Great idea about starting another thread on toxicology Gone. I was considering splitting this thread to do just that, but your starting another thread would be more in keeping with our minimal moderation philosophy. Like Phya I see this theory thread as quite interesting in and of itself and look forward to participating in the discussion.

The Androstenone Discussion
10-23-2009 8:48 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Diane999
Banned for Violations

Sex: Male

RE: Developing theoretical guidelines for choosing molecules to test
10-23-2009 8:59 AM

(10-23-2009 8:23 AM)Gone with the Wind Wrote:  Tisha,

Thanks for throwing a bit of oil on the waters.

Dianne,

Indeed, what you suggest in the quote above was my intent. When I referred to testing I was referring to what many of us choose to do individually, not necessarrily anything connected with what you supply or endorse. I see now that this was misleading, given the context of what was being discussed on other threads. You should only do what you are comfortable with. I have received numerous requessts to ship or sell various items, which I have declined to do because I did not feel comfortable doing so. I would not even think of trying to coerce you into doing something you are not comfortable with or did not want to devote the effort to. Any perception that I was trying to coerce is most probably due to my poor communication skills.

I still feel this thread is valuable, and hopefully some people will still be willing to speculate on the high-level processes associated with communication molecules. I feel it is worth exploring at least a bit. If you're not too irritated to engage you are welcome to participate also. I'll start another thread on toxicology where we can explore some potential dangers without shutting down communications on molecules with potential pheromone properties.

(10-23-2009 6:09 AM)Diane999 Wrote:  ...I think for the time being I'll stick to the locked forum that was set up for the project, around discussing potential pheromone molecules...

I believe I did put this thread in the locked forum. Is there more than one? Or did I accidentally put it in a public access area? If I did, moderators please move it to a protected location.

Also, if I am misusing a forum that was set up for a specific project instead of just secure communication in general, moderators please let me know.

I'm not irritated, GWTW. I just don't have enough hours in the day to do any justice to this topic. If I weren't engaged with my hands in so many pies right now, you know I'd be right there debating everything with you.

And you are not misusing the forum. I was just so far down the path of the project mentally that I assumed this was about that. I will fully admit that after concentrating on this for so many hours I suffered a total lapse into complete tunnel vision.

I'm truly sorry I hijacked the thread... and that is what has happened. My apologies.

Diane
10-23-2009 8:59 AM
Tisha
Inactive Account

Sex: Female

Rep Post

RE: Developing theoretical guidelines for choosing molecules to test -Project Independent
10-23-2009 12:42 PM

Quote:Tisha,

Thanks for throwing a bit of oil on the waters.

Snort, "Oil on the waters," Oil and water wont mix unless you shake it up a little. Looks like its all worked out so it must of mixed LOL ;)
10-23-2009 12:42 PM

Share This Thread