Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Danainae
Bella
Away
Serious Poster

Sex: Female

Rep Post

RE: Danainae
04-27-2010 4:11 PM

I ordered them early this morning and when I checked my email this afternoon, they'd already been shipped out! :dance3:

Bella
04-27-2010 4:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bella
Away
Serious Poster

Rep Post

05-12-2010 11:48 AM

OK. Really fast delivery! I ordered early morning April 27th and it was in my mailbox when I got home on the 29th.

It arrived beautifully packaged. Clear tiny 1 ml bottles with black caps and roller balls!... enclosed in a slick glossy card encased in a little plastic bag. Two coupons codes were included...one for 10% off regular size bottles and one for 20% off six or more samples. Woo!

The ingredients listed on the packaging is the same for each fragrance...Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Fragrance, Jojoba Oil, Dipropylele Glycol, Pheromones. Datsa it.

When I got them, of course, I sampled two of them straight away, lol. I was home with Wolf and applied just a bit on my wrists and inner elbows to get a feel for the scent. It hit me when I first sniffed them straight from the bottle. There's something in them that tweaks my sinuses and gives me a headache. Every once in a while a fragrance or pheromone might do that to me but, if I'm lucky, after a few minutes on my skin everything settles down and it's all good. And then sometimes it just doesn't agree with me and adiós, lol. Bye I'm willing to try but I won't torture myself, not even for science. Big Grin

They're kind of artificial smelling as Snoops mentioned. So whatever "fragrances" they're using is probably what's getting to me.

Stirrings is very soapy smelling and didn't improve on me, just awful, and gave me such a headache I ultimately had to wash it off. It could be The Holy Grail of Pheromones and I would pitch it into the river. Bonsai! Who knows, the way scent is so subjective and the way body chemistry is someone else could fall in love with this scent and not be bothered by whatever is in it that's whackin' me. I want names, lol. It may have some decent pheromonal properties, but I couldn't tell you because I can't concentrate on jack when my head/sinuses hurt.

Lividity started out as kind of a light medicinal floral scent and a bit sweeter than I expected from the description then dried down rather quickly. Good thing too because when Wolf took a whiff of my wrist he proclaimed it, rightfully so, Eau du Jamaican Airport Bathroom. Big Grin

And then I tested the other two scents after I got home from work the other day. I didn't want to chance testing them at work. That's enough of a headache all by itself, lol. And it was a no go again. I haven't really tested these among the masses yet and I don't know if I'm going to be able to. Though Wolf made a good point when he suggested I wait for the pollen count to go down and then try them again. It's true the pollen count has been extremely high around here. I don't think that's it, but I'm willing to give it one more shot just to make sure. I've been working with several new scented products lately and none of the others have given me that reaction.

Firebug is sweet/spicy/warm. I'm not wild about candy sweet but the spicy/warm helped my teeth from aching. Sweet scents usually aren't my first choice, especially foody scents. Even though I'm not partial to them they work well with my chemistry and I always get compliments when I wear them. I know men are suppose to like sweet foody scents and I don't mind being a cupcake, I'm just not crazy about smelling like one. Though I have some LP sugared scents that are fabulous. I'd never tried sugared fragrances before and then, when I first started ordering from Love Potion, Mara slipped a few into one of my orders. I still love my old Sugared Carnation and Sugared Honeysuckle and am hording the last of them.

Vanille de Passion is, well, vanilla. OK, but not a wowzer.

I also got Unity and Black Knight for Wolf. I thought from the descriptions I'd be chancing it and that they might be too sweet for his taste and they were sweet but not horribly so. The Unity is light, sweet and very fleeting. Poof. Black Knight is on the sweet side, spicy/warm and lasted longer than Unity. Wolf isn't big on wearing sweet but said it wasn't bad after it dried down. We both liked it better than Unity.

Well, I wish I had a better review but that's the way it went for me. Everybody 's different and If you don't have my kind of issues then I wouldn't let that stop you from ordering samples to check out Danainae. You know the adage, "One man's pleasure is another man's poison." Big Grin

Meh. In the meantime, I have lots of other goodies to play with. I'm waiting on an LP order as I type this! I do so love Mara's stuff. Heart She has an enchanted touch and is incomparable when it comes to formulating fragrances. So, I'm really looking forward to them.

Bella
05-12-2010 11:48 AM
Snoopyace
The Love God

Sex: Male

Rep Post

05-12-2010 9:19 PM

After seeing your post, Bella I had to think about whether or not I'd worn this since my initial review. Nope. Guess that shows how high it is on my priority list. The one I have smells alright and I remember seeing some reactions that reminded me of Androstedienone but beyond that I guess I like straight Aqua Vitae and especially FTL better.

“Funny guys are dangerous. They’ll make you laugh, and laugh, and laugh then boom, you are naked.”

“Charm is the way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clearly defined question” - Oscar Wilde
05-12-2010 9:19 PM
fuzzcat
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

03-04-2011 5:26 PM

This thread is how I found this forum! I decided to give pheromones a try, did a search on ebay and found danainae products. I bought a few samples and then did a search on reviews and found this. Then I looked through all the other pheromone products and reviews on this forum and became a pheromone addict! sideLol

The only time I tested the pheromones in Danainae products was when I first got them. I can't say whether they work or not because I was a noob and didn't know what to look for. I like some of the scents though. Some are too strong, but some are nice. I've ordered a bottle and a bunch more samples from them since then. I don't use them as stand alone products, but I use them as cover scents. My favorite is Pink Carnival, it smells just like cotton candy. I think I will try wearing it alone and see if it does anything.
(This post was last modified: 03-04-2011 5:27 PM by fuzzcat.)
03-04-2011 5:26 PM
jla734
jla734

Rep Post

01-24-2012 3:43 PM

Ok,I ordered the scent of the month today and the lavender pumpkin scent combo.Will let everyone know how it goes.Any new info from others that have tried these products?
(This post was last modified: 01-24-2012 3:44 PM by jla734.)
01-24-2012 3:43 PM

vegan
Checking out the place

Sex:

Rep Post

02-07-2012 9:02 PM

I have Famished - the pumpkin pie and lavender one ... I really like it, can't say if the pheromone is effective, but I enjoy the scent.

Can anyone provide the coupon code for the % off next purchase?
I plan on making one bulk buy and getting the coupon after the fact will do me no good - I only plan on placing one order - thanks!
02-07-2012 9:02 PM

Share This Thread