Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Cover scents tip
Mr. E 3 - Banned
Banned

Sex: Male

Thanks Given: 128
Thanks received:
18 thanks in 12 posts

Cover scents tip
04-02-2016 7:13 AM

Today I received two packages of cover scents from Creed. They're about 15 bucks each for 5 samples. And I got 3 for free in the store. And I just called and I can come back for one I also want to try.

That's 30 bucks and I have 14 beautiful scents. Creed is incredible. It will take a miracle before I like one better than Green Irish Tweed. It lasts well over 24 hours on me. I tested it by not showering.

Aventus, one of their most popular ones just goes flat on my skin right away. It smells great from the bottle. The moment I spray it on, it dies. Only a faint, kind of unpleasant smell is left. Which fades quickly.

So the tip is: get samples. They come with a voucher for what you paid for it anyway. One to be used per purchase. Unless you're good at haggling and end up with huge discounts, hehe. Smile

The main reason to get samples is to see if they work on your skin. They told me it's not only about your own chemistry. Even your age can make a difference. For all I know, Aventus would have worked very well for me 5 years ago. Or in 5 years.

But Green Irish Tweed... man. That works like pure heaven on my skin.
04-02-2016 7:13 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Ekscentra

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1987
Thanks received:
2356 thanks in 1326 posts

RE: Cover scents tip
04-02-2016 7:55 AM

(04-02-2016 7:13 AM)Lucifer Wrote:  It will take a miracle before I like one better than Green Irish Tweed.

I used to say that...before I discovered Agar Aura's attars. Big Grin

GIT is still absolutely incredible though. Although it's no longer my overall favorite, it did give the strongest first impression. The attars are more complex - too much to take in at first sniff - but they grow on you enormously over each wearing.
04-02-2016 7:55 AM
Thanks given by Mr. E 3 - Banned
Mr. E 3 - Banned
Banned

Thanks received:
18 thanks in 12 posts

04-02-2016 9:13 AM

(04-02-2016 7:55 AM)Ekscentra Wrote:  I used to say that...before I discovered Agar Aura's attars. Big Grin

GIT is still absolutely incredible though. Although it's no longer my overall favorite, it did give the strongest first impression. The attars are more complex - too much to take in at first sniff - but they grow on you enormously over each wearing.

Just in case you know, how does it compare to Creed Royal Oud?

I'll have to dig deeper into perfumes. Frederic Malle has some interesting ones.

Green Irish Tweed works very well on my skin. And today I received two sample sets from Creed. Some might have potential.
04-02-2016 9:13 AM
Ekscentra

Rep Post

Thanks received:

04-02-2016 9:31 AM

(04-02-2016 9:13 AM)Lucifer Wrote:  Just in case you know, how does it compare to Creed Royal Oud?

I'll have to dig deeper into perfumes. Frederic Malle has some interesting ones.

Green Irish Tweed works very well on my skin. And today I received two sample sets from Creed. Some might have potential.

I don't care much for Royal Oud. The oud in there is of fairly low-quality, and there's so little of it. Too much sweetness too, unfortunately.

Niche scents are interesting, but too much of a compromise with today's restrictions. I'm more into the indie houses, especially those principled enough to ignore the IFRA's baseless restrictions. This is why Agar Aura and Ensar will always stand above the rest for me.
04-02-2016 9:31 AM
Mr. E 3 - Banned
Banned

Thanks received:
18 thanks in 12 posts

04-02-2016 9:37 AM

(04-02-2016 9:31 AM)Ekscentra Wrote:  I don't care much for Royal Oud. The oud in there is of fairly low-quality, and there's so little of it. Too much sweetness too, unfortunately.

Niche scents are interesting, but too much of a compromise with today's restrictions. I'm more into the indie houses, especially those principled enough to ignore the IFRA's baseless restrictions. This is why Agar Aura and Ensar will always stand above the rest for me.

Very interesting.

Just so you know, I just can't stop smelling myself when wearing Green Irish Tweed. And some of the Creed samples are pure heaven.

When it comes to Oud, it's too expensive to make a cologne of that is not very expensive.

A side note to anyone: please get samples. Got to a store. Test the perfumes. The famous Aventus just dies on me.

So Ekscentra, which brands and perfumes they have do you recommend that work best with mones?
04-02-2016 9:37 AM

Ekscentra

Rep Post

Thanks received:

04-02-2016 9:41 AM

Look into Dawn Spencer Hurwitz, Aftelier, Sonoma Scent Studio, and Ayala Moriel for some interesting indie houses. I've heard great things about Papillon lately too.

Above all else though, I'd suggest looking into Ensar Oud, Agar Aura, Sultan Pasha's attars, and Al Shareef for some of the best modern perfumery has to offer.

Alternatively, you could look into vintage perfumes. There are quite a few good ones out there, from the pre-restriction days.
04-02-2016 9:41 AM
Mr. E 3 - Banned
Banned

Thanks received:
18 thanks in 12 posts

04-02-2016 10:19 AM

(04-02-2016 9:41 AM)Ekscentra Wrote:  Look into Dawn Spencer Hurwitz, Aftelier, Sonoma Scent Studio, and Ayala Moriel for some interesting indie houses. I've heard great things about Papillon lately too.

Above all else though, I'd suggest looking into Ensar Oud, Agar Aura, Sultan Pasha's attars, and Al Shareef for some of the best modern perfumery has to offer.

Alternatively, you could look into vintage perfumes. There are quite a few good ones out there, from the pre-restriction days.

What do you mean by pre-restriction days? I wasn't aware of any restriction in the perfume world.

I'll look into the ones you've mentioned. I'm looking for a fresh scent. Heavier ones don't word well with my chemistry.

Since you know so much about pheromones, does that give you an insight on what products to get and what to avoid?
04-02-2016 10:19 AM
Ekscentra

Rep Post

Thanks received:

04-02-2016 10:29 AM

(04-02-2016 10:19 AM)Lucifer Wrote:  What do you mean by pre-restriction days? I wasn't aware of any restriction in the perfume world.

I'll look into the ones you've mentioned. I'm looking for a fresh scent. Heavier ones don't word well with my chemistry.

Since you know so much about pheromones, does that give you an insight on what products to get and what to avoid?

The IFRA restrictions have turned the industry into a shadow of what it once was. Most houses abide by these restrictions completely.

You won't find many fresh scents there, but there are some options. Aquatica and Tropica from Agar Aura are a few. Blue Kalbar from Ensar is on the lighter side, etc.

No - I can't tell you which products will work best for you. Only you can. I can only give you insights based on my own experiences.
04-02-2016 10:29 AM
Fiedler
Getting comfortable

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 11
Thanks received:
6 thanks in 5 posts

04-02-2016 12:44 PM

I wear Christian Dior Fahrenheit in and out of office to cover mones. I like the scent.
04-02-2016 12:44 PM

RiCh
Getting comfortable

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 13
Thanks received:
27 thanks in 10 posts

03-31-2017 10:37 AM

Oily skin holds scents best.. I use unscented baby oil and no more than two minutes later (shine of oil still visible) spray maybe 2-3 sprays and the scent holds all day.
I love Creed!!
Ive had VIW and currently on second 4oz of Millisime Imperial....Currently sampling Aventus, himalaya, and GIT.. FYI if you plan on going to Europe anytime soon check one of the Creed boutiques in Paris where it is made.. I bought my last 4 oz a few weeks ago for about 169 € ($180) compared to $395 in the US

I do have one question though .. as far as applying cologne over unscented phero oil/ gels do I wait until after phero dries down or can i spray during dry down and will it affect phero oil at all?

PheromoneXS: Ascend w/cops (sultans oud), Love Boat (sultans oud), Xist (spray/ oil), Evolve oil (sultans oud), Connections
Androtics Direct: A314 1.32B (spray), Molecule C (TAC), P74,TUTH, AMMO, Instant Shine, Instant Honesty
Liquid Alchemy Labs: Androstadienone (5mg), Wolf, Nude Alpha, Bad Wolf (sample)
Alpha Dream: LIIK ver. 2
03-31-2017 10:37 AM
Thanks given by BigDickBandit420

Share This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Do premixed scents perform better than using cover scents? dabu11et 0 306 11-26-2016 2:33 PM
Last Post: dabu11et
  Cover Scents NikkiReloaded 15 5,077 06-21-2016 2:20 PM
Last Post: Jimmycrack
  Ouds and Attars as cover scents. Lucent 11 3,877 03-17-2016 6:43 PM
Last Post: Ekscentra
  Do these need cover scents? Mr. E #2 7 1,758 01-01-2016 5:02 PM
Last Post: purpleblood
  Cover Scents that last Ancillian 13 3,074 09-18-2015 2:47 PM
Last Post: moe