Hello There, Guest! Register

Or login with , or

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Cover scent science?
Zsqrd
Getting comfortable

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 24
Thanks received:
6 thanks in 6 posts

Cover scent science?
11-07-2015 7:00 PM

I hear a lot about how some colognes have pheromonic or almost pheromonic properties . Have people found that
You should use a specific cover scent for a specific mix/mone because it changes the behavior of the mones?

If I'm using the unscented version of bad wolf, for example, and I cover it with the love potion homme spray, and proceed to report, is it almost like using a different mone from the default scent, or if I covered it using Aventus Creed?
11-07-2015 7:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

NP17
Minor deity

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 28
Thanks received:
255 thanks in 180 posts

RE: Cover scent science?
Yesterday 7:42 AM

I've never seen anything in my personal testing that would suggest it's anything more than a minor effect. The power of pheromones is that it acts on the subconscious, because our pheromone receptors are an ancient system that formed very early in our evolution. Some colognes and essential oils can act on the subconscious in the same way, but it's nowhere near the same level of effect. Cover scent seems to me that it has more to do with taste or association with certain people, like a father or husband.

But sometimes commercial colognes have weak pheromones like Iso E Super or hedione. No one knows what's in Aventus, but it may have some pheromonally active ingredients.
Yesterday 7:42 AM
Thanks given by Zsqrd
NP17
Minor deity

Rep Post

Thanks received:
255 thanks in 180 posts

Yesterday 8:11 AM

A little more on this. The examples you mentioned are Love Potion and Creed products. Love Potion specifically crafts their scents so that they synergize to bring about a certain mood based on the occult properties of the ingredients. Plant compounds often have pheromonal effects, so this is not far-fetched. As for Creed, their colognes have been reported to have pheromonal properties. So these examples really straddle the line between typical cologne and pheromone mix. As for things in the gray area like that, you'll have to test them yourself.

The scent is important in the same way that dressing nice, smiling, and having good posture are all important for creating attraction. If you smell like cat piss, yes the pheromones are still working because pheromones just smell nasty sometimes, but it takes away from your overall presentation in other areas.
Yesterday 8:11 AM
NP17
Minor deity

Rep Post

Thanks received:
255 thanks in 180 posts

Yesterday 8:17 AM

And then there's diffusion issues, like some colognes might make your pheromones diffuse faster or in a different proportion.

Sorry for the multiple posts. My mind just works like that. I'm trying to sort out all the different ways that colognes could intersect with pheromones, and it seems to fall into 3 categories: weak pheromonal effects, consciously-perceived scent, and diffusion. None of these are earth-moving factors that will dramatically change a blend, but they're important enough that most people would mention them in reports, as an important factor like app points, social steering, target ethnicity, etc.
Yesterday 8:17 AM
Thanks given by Macro
pphoenix
Checking out the place

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 15
Thanks received:
1 thanks in 1 posts

Yesterday 9:29 AM

Long time ago, I read an article about Musk scent having pheromonic properties.
Yesterday 9:29 AM

Gitmo
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 9
Thanks received:
54 thanks in 42 posts

Yesterday 9:51 AM

Personally I just stick to using the same non-pheromone (as far as I'm aware anyway) cologne, regardless of what mone I'm wearing. Easier to isolate effects rather than throw another mone into a mix. I really like the smell of Hanae Mori, and I've gotten some compliments on it, so that's what I use. I would probably use Wolf scent without the mones, I just always forget to order a bottle when I'm ordering from LAL. The scents are pretty similar though.

LAL
NA, Wolf, AV, DP, MT150, P^
PheromoneXS
Xist, Cohesion, A1, Ascend^, Bliss^, Evolve^
Pheromone Treasures
ETFZ, THU, Captain, GoA, Z69^, TS^, AoA^
Alpha Dreams
LIIK v1
^=sample
(This post was last modified: Yesterday 9:51 AM by Gitmo.)
Yesterday 9:51 AM

Share This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  What's the purpose of applying cover scent near application? ShadowX114 6 378 05-27-2015 12:22 PM
Last Post: polarvoid
  Anyone use Aqva Marine as a cover scent jjs1234 3 234 04-23-2015 9:33 PM
Last Post: jjs1234
  Mones sillage vs Cover scent sillage... potential problem? tdctdc 5 561 09-03-2014 5:19 PM
Last Post: RussianWolf
  how to apply a cover scent? tdctdc 8 648 08-10-2014 4:32 AM
Last Post: Magpie
Question Cover scent illmatic90 4 660 07-28-2013 12:21 PM
Last Post: whatupbrah