Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Cold Approach Dead? RSD Moving away from Cold Approach Game?
Vinzanity
Serious Poster

Sex: Male

Rep Post

RE: Cold Approach Dead? RSD Moving away from Cold Approach Game?
08-02-2018 12:35 AM

funny how everyone has their own definition on CA and WA. I thought the difference was the former is for complete strangers whereas the latter is for people sorta in your circle or your friends' circles.
08-02-2018 12:35 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
stefdude

Rep Post

08-02-2018 4:35 AM

(08-01-2018 1:05 PM)DarkLord1 Wrote:  I always tell guys to just start conversations. You will be very surprised at what happens. And I believe that it is easier to pick up women at places where they are not expecting to be approached.

This is not a pickup, but happened to me the other day....pheromone free. I noticed a bunch of crazy bumper stickers on a car and these two ladies saw me looking at he stickers. Both very attractive and we ended up speaking for 40 minutes about my bumper sticker theories and personality. One of them asked did I want her phone number and then the friend says that she would have asked that too, but noticed the ring. The second girl asked if I was happy and I said yes. Just starting interesting conversations can lead you places. Worked when I was single and it appears to still work.

Going out with a goal of having interesting conversations takes the pressure off, if things don’t work out. All kinds of goodness have come from this small, very simple strategy.

A woman once donated a car to my mom after we had a conversation. Her mother had recently passed away and she was going to donate it to charity, but she gave it to my mom. I was trying to find a mechanic to attend an auction with my mom.

I very much agree.Having your eyes open for opportunities to open interesting conversations is classy.Observation, verbal intelligence, relaxed and humorous mood, if you can manage those and act on a good opportunity it's a great catch.
I did it the other day in the pool, after IOIs.Great convo, minor (fake) resistance to set up a date.Eventually we arrange it.On the date she told me that her friends (who weren't in the pool) told her I must be a player.Why?Just because I went up and talked to her.I laughed, "See?that's what is wrong with women!do you agree with your friends?", her: "no, i kinda liked it.almost nobody does it".

Approaching with no IOIs is a no no for me, it's almost always a fail from my experiences.If she is alone maybe, but it still needs much more effort and solid game.

They've done studies you know...60% of the time, it works every time
08-02-2018 4:35 AM

jb20

Sex: Often Please

Rep Post

08-02-2018 4:43 AM

ok PUA gurus and players, anyways to open during/waiting for public transport? Sometimes they are attracted but don't want to be judged by people.....so what to sayDiablo
08-02-2018 4:43 AM
TheManInTheFedora
Serious Poster

Sex:

Rep Post

08-02-2018 6:09 AM

(08-02-2018 4:43 AM)jb20 Wrote:  ok PUA gurus and players, anyways to open during/waiting for public transport? Sometimes they are attracted but don't want to be judged by people.....so what to sayDiablo

How about simply: " Hi, how was your day?" with a pleasant smile. If she smiles back and starts talking with positive body language, you might have it made...act quickly to either number close or set up an encounter. If she blows smoke in your face or has a bitch face or any negative body language...time to move on which isn't a problem if you are treating pickups like a numbers game i.e., the more you approach...eventually some percentage will take you up on the offer.

Code:
I go by the following definitions:
Cold Approach - Approach without IOI
Warm Approach - Approach with IOI

Good discernment. With the former leaving more to chance/uncertainty while the latter having a higher probability of success, thus more to choice than chance. You can even chose either to not approach (cases of unattractive targets who gave IOI) or reject the target even after approaching. Turns around the whole equation...giving the guy more control over the interaction; his confidence rises when he's the one who can reject rather than facing the prospect of rejection. Rising confidence + lack of desperation=extremely attractive.

Code:
Approaching with no IOIs is a no no for me, it's almost always a fail from my experiences.If she is alone maybe, but it still needs much more effort and solid game.

Sure...taking the approaches with higher probability outcome (as mentioned above) since she is giving subtle/overt signs of being interested in you is prudent. Though you might miss the hidden chances because of various reasons (broad is playing 'unavailable,' has mental issues, just broke up/not over previous relationship, on period, had a bad day etc), you will also avoid the confidence crusher of rejection. Sometimes, you'll be glad that the 'ones that got away' turned out to be not worth the trouble. Occasionally, you will only find out later....often in retrospect when you find out how screwed up some broad was or how she ruined someone else's life. Those are the times you sit down and breath a sigh of relief....'shit...good thing I didn't end up with that!'

Code:
I believe the key to cold approach in bars and clubs in this modern age is to have rock solid confidence and make sexual intentions clear immediately to a woman. Then she rejects or doesn't reject immediately.
^^^^THIS. Though the third option on the spectrum is...that she will ACCEPT rather than reject. Afterall, that's also a distinct probability....especially like you mentioned if she was giving you IOI. Just make the intentions known in a suave, indirect way...or they get scared and reject. In the case of rejection, the numbers game helps take the edge off that rejection.

Code:
Any time I've had a conversation in a bar/nightclub that was turning into a longer engaging conversation the girl lost all sexual interest in me.

Exactly. That's why the first interactions are to be kept short (goal oriented...get the number...get the first kiss/kino...always leaving them guessing/unsatiated/wanting more) until after sex happens. Of course exceptions..., if the target is a skank who is drunk, high...you can forego the subtlety and you can immediately go for risque language, kino e.g., suggestive touching...particularly if the broad touches you first suggestively...mirror reactions are appropriate. (DISCLAIMER: be careful of the current environment of MeToo...be forewarned and thus, careful).
Before sex, broads' minds (an oxymoron, I know..Rofl) are stuck in a perpetual computer programming-like loop, asking themselves 'Why should I sleep with HIM?' with the slightest off putting signs (in their 'minds'..e.g., visions of your dirty socks strewn across their abode or you belching after a meal etc) being 'valid' reasons to reject you. After sex, their minds can often get stuck in a quite different, reverse computer programming like loop, namely 'WHY shouldn't I sleep with HIM?' ....looking for the slightest signs of why she should miss ANY opportunity to have fun with you.

Altogether some good points being made by listmates. Good thread.
(This post was last modified: 08-02-2018 6:20 AM by TheManInTheFedora.)
08-02-2018 6:09 AM
Paradox
The Living Legend

Rep Post

08-02-2018 8:26 AM

(08-02-2018 12:35 AM)Vinzanity Wrote:  funny how everyone has their own definition on CA and WA. I thought the difference was the former is for complete strangers whereas the latter is for people sorta in your circle or your friends' circles.

The hard and fast definition of cold approach is approaching any stranger. So yes you are correct. To me there is an added difficulty in doing a street approach over doing a bar approach. This is because at a bar/lounge women are there to socialize and expect to be approached.

So I came across this story in the Telegraph this morning that has everything to do with the OP's original question.

The girl has 5,000 Snapchat followers and he met her on Snapchat. Social media is being utilized more than ever for dating. Imagine dating a girl with 5,000 men competing for her attention. I've dated a woman with 5,000 Facebook followers and it's no fun knowing that after you leave she will be interacting with several thousand men.

But yes, as I stated earlier the cold approach is dead. Social media is king. social media is the proof that you have been where you say you have been and done what you say you have done. Your lifestyle and friends are all there for her to inspect....before you even have the first date. This was not so 20 years ago.

"Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence."--- Vince Lombardi
08-02-2018 8:26 AM
MacCauley
Serious Poster

Rep Post

08-02-2018 8:35 AM

Im with Fedora on this one. Just be flexible and trust your instincts. There are times you can just grab a woman in a club and make out with her. It depends on the girl and whats acceptable in the venue. If all the right signs are there then why waste time chit chatting. Ive never used online dating or social media to hook up. I think its a defect and primitive way of meeting people. I think women are dying to be approached in general because its organic and spontaneous. All the guys I know who get laid a lot approach real life women except one, but he only gets average younger women from facebook chats etc. He could do much better by growing some balls. Its also about the feeling you get when you can approach hot girls with confidence no matter the outcome. I really cant recall any negative reactions. Id say most women are welcoming and pleasant even when they didnt want to fuck me. The confidence tends to bleed into other aspects of life as well.
08-02-2018 8:35 AM

TheManInTheFedora
Serious Poster

Sex:

Rep Post

08-02-2018 8:53 AM

(08-02-2018 8:35 AM)MacCauley Wrote:  I think women are dying to be approached in general because its organic and spontaneous. .... Its also about the feeling you get when you can approach hot girls with confidence no matter the outcome...... The confidence tends to bleed into other aspects of life as well.

^^^^THIS EXACTLY. Women find spontaneity attractive and exciting...they dislike meeting boring people.

The last aspects ring most true....a man is very attractive when in his own life he is confident and this confidence multiplies and it pervades all aspects of his life....women want to be aboard for that charge.

Well said.
08-02-2018 8:53 AM
DarkLord1

Rep Post

08-02-2018 12:42 PM

(08-02-2018 12:10 AM)SargeMaximus Wrote:  I've been doing PUA since 2012 and never gotten any results whenever I've done the whole "just have a conversation" thing. For me, there has to be a goal or nothing becomes of it. Women can sense if you're aimless and don't have a purpose to your life. Whenever I've done that "just have a conversation" or "just have fun" thing, it has been aimless. To each their own I suppose.

Hello SargeMaximus. I’ll use something that you taught me to highlight my point: Tonality.

I had heard about it before and even tried it for sales and never really got it to work. Your enthusiasm and insight got me to try again with a different technique. Guess what? It worked. Thank you.

So I’ll try and return the favor here. Try and think “what do I want FOR this person” instead of “what do I want FROM this person”. It changes the entire dynamic of the conversation. Makes people feel really good and they ask about what they can do for you.

As you taught me with tonality, a small shift in how we do something can make a huge difference, can it not.
08-02-2018 12:42 PM
Snoopyace
The Love God

Rep Post

08-02-2018 1:14 PM

(08-02-2018 12:42 PM)DarkLord1 Wrote:  So I’ll try and return the favor here. Try and think “what do I want FOR this person” instead of “what do I want FROM this person”. It changes the entire dynamic of the conversation. Makes people feel really good and they ask about what they can do for you.

Yes. This. Exactly.

“Funny guys are dangerous. They’ll make you laugh, and laugh, and laugh then boom, you are naked.”

“Charm is the way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clearly defined question” - Oscar Wilde
08-02-2018 1:14 PM
Kwow
Getting comfortable

Sex:

Rep Post

10-31-2018 9:42 PM

Question: What readings to people recommend for guys who never got into the whole PUA, what are recommended readings for self help?

Like I never read the magic bullets and mystery method stuff, but had stumbled upon RSD foundations, and while people hated it, I did enjoy learning fundamentals of frame and those things(although I don't remember them at all)

What would you guys recommend for frame, tonality, inner worth, inner game, general "game"

Stuff like that
10-31-2018 9:42 PM

Share This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Cold reading/indirect openers books? jb20 0 579 10-15-2019 3:47 AM
Last Post: jb20
  Drop the Stone - Cold Approach metaltree 4 1,317 02-05-2018 8:21 PM
Last Post: DarkLord1
  Is Hell Hot or Cold? :) mark-in-dallas 1 1,305 04-23-2014 10:40 AM
Last Post: seeusmile
  Film - Zeitgeist moving forward out now luksti 2 1,859 01-27-2011 9:44 AM
Last Post: luksti
  Iceland gives stripping cold shoulder with ban Mtnjim 0 1,062 03-24-2010 5:44 PM
Last Post: Mtnjim