Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Coconut Oil Confusion
DarkLord1
Serious Poster

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 430
Thanks received:
1285 thanks in 435 posts

Coconut Oil Confusion
10-05-2013 6:32 PM

I thought that coconut oil might help slow down diffusion and slow down mone conversion.

But if coconut oil is antibacterial (anti fungal too) and mones are essentially bacteria, I'm not sure if coconut helps (in this way). If it kills mone bacteria, then it could be used to "clean" app points. Any idea how long one would have to wait before reapplying?

Not sure if I put this in the right category.
10-05-2013 6:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

wiserd
I'm so meta, even this acronym

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1629
Thanks received:
1434 thanks in 735 posts

RE: Coconut Oil Confusion
10-05-2013 8:47 PM

(10-05-2013 6:32 PM)DarkLord1 Wrote:  I thought that coconut oil might help slow down diffusion and slow down mone conversion.

But if coconut oil is antibacterial (anti fungal too) and mones are essentially bacteria, I'm not sure if coconut helps (in this way). If it kills mone bacteria, then it could be used to "clean" app points. Any idea how long one would have to wait before reapplying?

Not sure if I put this in the right category.

Mones are not "bacteria." Mones are a chemical that the body naturally produces in sweat. Some cornyform bacteria can convert one mone into a different mone. Some bacteria just break mones down into stuff that smells bad. Oil will tend to slow down diffusion. Dbot noted a long while back that monolaurin tablets had many of the good qualities of coconut oil. It's used in perfumes to slow diffusion and it's anti-bacterial. He discusses the topic better than I can, if you find his posts.

I don't think the idea was original to him, incidentally.

[Image: Example.jpg]
10-05-2013 8:47 PM
DarkLord1
Serious Poster

Rep Post

Thanks received:
1285 thanks in 435 posts

10-05-2013 9:32 PM

(10-05-2013 8:47 PM)wiserd Wrote:  Mones are not "bacteria." Mones are a chemical that the body naturally produces in sweat. Some cornyform bacteria can convert one mone into a different mone. Some bacteria just break mones down into stuff that smells bad. Oil will tend to slow down diffusion. Dbot noted a long while back that monolaurin tablets had many of the good qualities of coconut oil. It's used in perfumes to slow diffusion and it's anti-bacterial. He discusses the topic better than I can, if you find his posts.

I don't think the idea was original to him, incidentally.

Thanks for the info, Wiserd. I'll check for the post. I was thinking skin application vice pills. I can't smell the mones after I put on coconut oil.
10-05-2013 9:32 PM
eyeofra
the Sun God

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1527
Thanks received:
1409 thanks in 510 posts

10-05-2013 10:13 PM

Are you putting the coconut oil over your application? I usually lotion up my app points with cocobutter about 10 minutes before my app to reduce what my skin absorbs.

[Image: 34t60p1.gif]
AM, Certo, Glace, Corporativo, L2K V1 & V2, Aquagen, AV, Wolf, Nude, Hypnotica, OD Gel, Erox, N.P.A., EoaW, TL, TA, TI, TrueTrust, XXX, TrueEssence, Wingman 7, 9, 9+O, Black, Blue, X, Extreme, X22, C4 and M512, Ascend, Evolve, Cohesion, Bliss, Vibe, Prowl, ienone, anone, Androsterone, Pregnenolone, Androstadienol, Androstenetrione
10-05-2013 10:13 PM
DarkLord1
Serious Poster

Rep Post

Thanks received:
1285 thanks in 435 posts

10-06-2013 12:25 PM

(10-05-2013 10:13 PM)eyeofra Wrote:  Are you putting the coconut oil over your application? I usually lotion up my app points with cocobutter about 10 minutes before my app to reduce what my skin absorbs.

Eyeofra,

I want to put the coconut oil on before my app, but I have noticed that if I put the virgin coconut oil on my skin after my application: I don't smell the cover scent or the mones.

I was confused about monolauren (sp). The body converts coconut oil into mL is my current understanding.
10-06-2013 12:25 PM

alphavitea

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 217
Thanks received:
1208 thanks in 629 posts

10-06-2013 8:03 PM

My understanding is that some oils have molecules that are really large i comparison to the molecular size of the pheromones and when combined in these oils it completely kills diffusion. I once mixed my New Pheromone Additive with a heavy oil (grape seed) and it was fucking worthless. Coconut oil is a little lighter oil by I thing the problem is the same just less pronounce. That's why they use dpg I think because it is a super light (small) molecule.

If she bites you did it right.
10-06-2013 8:03 PM
wiserd
I'm so meta, even this acronym

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1629
Thanks received:
1434 thanks in 735 posts

10-06-2013 9:27 PM

(10-06-2013 8:03 PM)alphavitea Wrote:  My understanding is that some oils have molecules that are really large i comparison to the molecular size of the pheromones and when combined in these oils it completely kills diffusion. I once mixed my New Pheromone Additive with a heavy oil (grape seed) and it was fucking worthless. Coconut oil is a little lighter oil by I thing the problem is the same just less pronounce. That's why they use dpg I think because it is a super light (small) molecule.

That sounds right. Coconut oil is known for having smaller molecules (shorter chains) relative to other oils.

Also, with monolaurin, note the two different sides.
[Image: Glyceryl_laurate.png]
The long wiggly line is non-polar and would bind to oils. The side with the oxygen-containing groups would bind to polar stuff like water and alcohol.

[Image: Example.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 10-06-2013 9:28 PM by wiserd.)
10-06-2013 9:27 PM
DarkLord1
Serious Poster

Rep Post

Thanks received:
1285 thanks in 435 posts

10-07-2013 6:48 AM

(10-06-2013 8:03 PM)alphavitea Wrote:  My understanding is that some oils have molecules that are really large i comparison to the molecular size of the pheromones and when combined in these oils it completely kills diffusion. I once mixed my New Pheromone Additive with a heavy oil (grape seed) and it was fucking worthless. Coconut oil is a little lighter oil by I thing the problem is the same just less pronounce. That's why they use dpg I think because it is a super light (small) molecule.

Thanks AV

I've been using the coconut oil to "clean" app points because of how it seems to be working.

Thanks for the info, Wiserd. I am many moons past chemistry and didn't understand all that you highlighted. I was really hoping that the antibacterial properties would prolong a spray application, but c'est la vie.
10-07-2013 6:48 AM

Share This Thread