Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
CinisLabs Black Sheep
dorfmeister
Serious Poster

Sex: Male

Rep Post

CinisLabs Black Sheep
03-12-2017 12:44 AM

I just picked up 10ml of a scent by an Etsy seller called Cinislabs. The scent is called "Black Sheep" and to me its smell is evocative of the dying embers of a campfire. The longevity is quite good as I can still smell it on my wrist about 14 hours after applying it. A strong note on this is castoreum. I am really liking this.

Intense.
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2017 9:12 AM by dorfmeister.)
03-12-2017 12:44 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Snoopyace
The Love God

Rep Post

RE: CinisLabs Black Sheep
03-12-2017 1:31 PM

Sounds interesting. I'll have to check that out. I am always on the lookout for unique scents.

Edit- After looking at his page I decided to pull the trigger on a bottle of Whiskey Tobacco Malt since that looked like a scent that would be right up my alley. If I like it I'll have to check out some of his others. Thanks for sharing the link.

“Funny guys are dangerous. They’ll make you laugh, and laugh, and laugh then boom, you are naked.”

“Charm is the way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clearly defined question” - Oscar Wilde
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2017 2:42 PM by Snoopyace.)
03-12-2017 1:31 PM
dorfmeister
Serious Poster

Rep Post

03-12-2017 2:49 PM

(03-12-2017 1:31 PM)Snoopyace Wrote:  Sounds interesting. I'll have to check that out. I am always on the lookout for unique scents.

Edit- After looking at his page I decided to pull the trigger on a bottle of Whiskey Tobacco Malt since that looked like a scent that would be right up my alley. If I like it I'll have to check out some of his others. Thanks for sharing the link.

While I am no scent expert this did seem to be quite unique and what drew me in was that he was using castoreum and that he often uses Iso E Super, though I am not sure it is in this particular scent. Some of the other scents look pretty compelling, too, like "Fueled Up", and "Son of a Gun". I also plan eventually to buy the "Leather Oil", too

The "Whiskey Tobacco Malt" does look interesting, too.

Intense.
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2017 3:04 PM by dorfmeister.)
03-12-2017 2:49 PM
Snoopyace
The Love God

Rep Post

03-12-2017 5:33 PM

(03-12-2017 2:49 PM)dorfmeister Wrote:  While I am no scent expert this did seem to be quite unique and what drew me in was that he was using castoreum and that he often uses Iso E Super, though I am not sure it is in this particular scent. Some of the other scents look pretty compelling, too, like "Fueled Up", and "Son of a Gun". I also plan eventually to buy the "Leather Oil", too

The "Whiskey Tobacco Malt" does look interesting, too.

I thought the same thing that some of the other scents looked very interesting as well. I went with Whiskey Tobacco Malt simply because I thought it would be one that my bride would like smelling on me. Fueled Up will likely be my next purchase if I like what I just got.

“Funny guys are dangerous. They’ll make you laugh, and laugh, and laugh then boom, you are naked.”

“Charm is the way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clearly defined question” - Oscar Wilde
03-12-2017 5:33 PM
Spars
Serious Poster

Rep Post

03-13-2017 1:53 PM

Interested. Please keep us posted, Snoop and Arsenic.

“I read a theory once that the human intellect was like peacock feathers. Just an extravagant display intended to attract a mate... Just an elaborate mating ritual. Maybe it doesn’t matter that we have accomplished so much for the basest of reasons...”

— Dr. Robert Ford (Anthony Hopkins),
03-13-2017 1:53 PM

Snoopyace
The Love God

Rep Post

03-16-2017 11:32 AM

Got my order today! Because this thread is about Black Sheep I will comment on my sample of that scent first. This really is an evocative scent. I feel like I'm at a bonfire. I get the smokiness, the resins, just a hint of the vanilla absolute. Not a scent for everyone but an extremely well crafted scent and one that I happen to really like. I really don't know where I'd wear this unless it was to a bonfire but I might save it for Halloween time. Seems like a perfect scent for autumn.

Calling all Tobacco Vanille or Pure Malt fans! Whiskey Tobacco Malt is going to be right up your alley. Another very well crafted scent that is drying down into a sweet tobacco scent with a hint of malt. It does not come across as being straight whiskey on my skin which is good because even with St. Patrick's day coming up here in the states I really don't want to smell like I've been day drinking. I cannot wait to see how long this lasts. Right now, an hour or so after application it is still STRONG at one spray so apply with prudence. I'm heading out to see how things progress as I am meeting a friend for lunch (phero free). I'll report back what she thinks as well as how my bride reacts to the scent. I am really digging it but I do think that because it is so sweet that not every guy will appreciate it. Very much a gourmand type scent.

I also purchased Iso E Super from this seller and I will be checking it out more in the coming weeks. It appears to be a very high concentration from my sniff test of the bottle. I have a feeling that a tiny amount will go a very long way.

So far I am very impressed with this seller. I'm contemplating what to order next from CinisLabs. Might be Synth or Fueled Up but I haven't decided yet.

03-16-2017 11:32 AM
Spars
Serious Poster

Rep Post

03-16-2017 1:14 PM

Well, it's a little outside of my typical scent profile, but your notes on the whiskey tobacco malt may be just the change my nose needs! Appreciated! Repped!

“I read a theory once that the human intellect was like peacock feathers. Just an extravagant display intended to attract a mate... Just an elaborate mating ritual. Maybe it doesn’t matter that we have accomplished so much for the basest of reasons...”

— Dr. Robert Ford (Anthony Hopkins),
03-16-2017 1:14 PM
dorfmeister
Serious Poster

Rep Post

03-16-2017 7:07 PM

(03-16-2017 11:32 AM)Snoopyace Wrote:  I also purchased Iso E Super from this seller and I will be checking it out more in the coming weeks. It appears to be a very high concentration from my sniff test of the bottle. I have a feeling that a tiny amount will go a very long way.

I bought the ISO E SUPER oil, too.

They also had some oil with a leather fragrance I liked the looks of, too, but that appears now to be out of stock.

Nice overall review.

Intense.
03-16-2017 7:07 PM
Jimmycrack
Serious Poster

Sex:

Rep Post

03-16-2017 11:15 PM

as a lover of islay single malts and year round fireplace guy and drew estate fan... well this sounds like something good. thanks for the info. btw have you ever tried smoke for the soul? I'm assuming this is way more smokey? how's the silage?
03-16-2017 11:15 PM

Share This Thread