Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Cinis Labs Whiskey Tobacco Malt- Back In Stock
Lostdreams
Contributes Regularly

Sex: Male

Rep Post

RE: Cinis Labs Whiskey Tobacco Malt- Back In Stock
10-30-2017 3:51 PM

(10-30-2017 12:54 PM)Saiyanprince Wrote:  I'm going to do the 8 samples. Already paid for so should be quick shipping

Mahogany myrrh amber
Onus
Unholy water
Whiskey tobacco malt
Synth
Aether
Rosewood our amber
Frankincense sandalwood our

Should be fun seeing what the reaction at work will be.

Prince:

If you like smoky woodsy, youll love the frankincense sandalwood oud. You do need to leave it marinate on you for awhile as it starts out strong but turns into something wonderful. Telling you this because i was tempted to wash it off at first. DONT... Leave it on for the whole day.

The unholy water is kinda nice too. I just tried synth its not bad but not worth whole bottle.

So far i have whole bottle of iso e which i love and plan to get whole bottles of whiskey tobacco and the frank-sandal oud. Hope this helps you to narrow your choices down. Good luck and fun testing.
10-30-2017 3:51 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Saiyanprince
Serious Poster

Rep Post

10-30-2017 4:12 PM

(10-30-2017 3:51 PM)Lostdreams Wrote:  Prince:

If you like smoky woodsy, youll love the frankincense sandalwood oud. You do need to leave it marinate on you for awhile as it starts out strong but turns into something wonderful. Telling you this because i was tempted to wash it off at first. DONT... Leave it on for the whole day.

The unholy water is kinda nice too. I just tried synth its not bad but not worth whole bottle.

So far i have whole bottle of iso e which i love and plan to get whole bottles of whiskey tobacco and the frank-sandal oud. Hope this helps you to narrow your choices down. Good luck and fun testing.

Thank you. I'm 36 and never wore cologne so I'm not sure what I like yet lol. I'll let it marinate on me and test it. That will be the first one that I use. I like these sample packs. Pretty cheap and effective for testing before I buy a bottle. Some of them I just like the name. How badass is it to say, oh you like that. It's called unholy water. See the reaction to that.
10-30-2017 4:12 PM

kocik2000
Serious Poster

Rep Post

11-01-2017 1:28 AM

So much hate for y'all... Got a sample pack lol

Synth
Amber
Black sheep
Son of a gun
Forgive not forget
Whiskey tobacco malt
Mahogany myrrh Amber
Chypre fig wood

Gonna ask my SO to sample as well, will let y'all know
11-01-2017 1:28 AM
Snoopyace
The Love God

Rep Post

11-01-2017 7:42 AM

(11-01-2017 1:28 AM)kocik2000 Wrote:  So much hate for y'all... Got a sample pack lol

Synth
Amber
Black sheep
Son of a gun
Forgive not forget
Whiskey tobacco malt
Mahogany myrrh Amber
Chypre fig wood

Gonna ask my SO to sample as well, will let y'all know

I rather liked most of the samples you have coming. The thing with Cinis Labs that catches most people off guard is that the scents don't smell like the standard commercial colognes so it catches people off guard. I'm looking forward to hearing what you think of Chypre Fig Wood. I haven't tried that one yet.

“Funny guys are dangerous. They’ll make you laugh, and laugh, and laugh then boom, you are naked.”

“Charm is the way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clearly defined question” - Oscar Wilde
11-01-2017 7:42 AM
BarefootOxford
Serious Poster

Rep Post

11-02-2017 11:40 AM

I screwed up with my previous Cinis samples by not letting the die down enough. They start out very strong and I ended up judging based on that, not waiting for the half hour mark.

I like Dark Wood after it dies down. I'm going to have to reorder samples that I tossed.
11-02-2017 11:40 AM
TheManInTheFedora
Serious Poster

Sex:

Rep Post

11-02-2017 12:12 PM

Yes, a frequent mistake even of vintage frags (which were strong in the day) was a noobie mistake of not letting the fragrance unwind, letting it go through the various stages. Some openings may be frightful (YSL Kouros, Amouage Gold Man, Caron Yatagan etc.) which is understandable, but with a patient approach which comes with experience one will be rewarded.

Like you guys, I want to try the sampler pack in the future. For now, I just ordered Cinis' ISO E concentrate. Looking forward to mix it into many of the unscented mones that I have.
(This post was last modified: 11-02-2017 12:14 PM by TheManInTheFedora.)
11-02-2017 12:12 PM

BarefootOxford
Serious Poster

Rep Post

11-04-2017 10:17 AM

(11-02-2017 12:12 PM)TheManInTheFedora Wrote:  Yes, a frequent mistake even of vintage frags (which were strong in the day) was a noobie mistake of not letting the fragrance unwind, letting it go through the various stages. Some openings may be frightful (YSL Kouros, Amouage Gold Man, Caron Yatagan etc.) which is understandable, but with a patient approach which comes with experience one will be rewarded.

Did you just call me a noobie? I'm crushed... by the truth. Cry

Thanks for reinforcing the advice to let things dry down, man. Thanks
11-04-2017 10:17 AM
TheManInTheFedora
Serious Poster

Sex:

Rep Post

11-04-2017 3:17 PM

(11-04-2017 10:17 AM)BarefootOxford Wrote:  Did you just call me a noobie? I'm crushed... by the truth. Cry

Thanks for reinforcing the advice to let things dry down, man. Thanks

No sweat, buddy. Not really you, but rather many of the youngster/20-ish (both males and females) are impatient these days in many aspects...with frags being a great example. Many of them weren't around in decades before when frags were really powerhouses, both for men and women...compare vintage Aramis or Kouros for men or vintage Dior Poison (original not the flankers) for women were up front and in your face to most of the stuff that they have now....where everything has to be 'pretty' and 'agreeable' right from the get go (so as to sell or else it will frighten the youngsters lacking patience)...not to offend anyone's feelings...it has to be toned down, discrete...thus, weak fading out after about an hour. Many of these modern scents are linear and flat, lacking a distinctive character. After all, many of these nowadays are derivative from past classics rather than being original; uninspired. You can see what I mean when you check out the Leffingwell charts which list different genres of fragrance and their lineage:

A frequent classic that people totally misread nowadays is Guerlain's Jicky (since the late 19th century) which Sean Connery wore back in the day. What I mean and other frag enthusiasts lament that upon opening Jicky will be scary...some say cat piss etc...if neophytes simply gave it a chance, they would see after about 2 hours how it really goes...then, after another several hours the nuances that come out. Some newcomers eventually learn to give these a chance, while some may totally miss out on the true experience by automatically writing some of these gems off too hastily.
11-04-2017 3:17 PM
BarefootOxford
Serious Poster

Rep Post

11-05-2017 11:42 AM

(10-20-2017 11:21 PM)Snoopyace Wrote:  This makes me very happy. I LOVE this scent. My bride and every woman I've hung out with also really enjoys this scent. It is very reminiscent of Tobacco Vanille from Tom Ford. It starts out VERY boozy and dries down after about 15 to 20 minutes where the whiskey is present but not the strongest note. It plays a supporting role to the tobacco, which is a very sweet tobacco. This is a scent that I plan to wear quite a bit now that the weather is getting cooler where I am. Gonna get a big bottle and wear the hell out of it. Cinis Labs makes some POTENT scents so one spray is plenty for normal wear. If you have an hour or so to air out before interacting with society, two sprays gives extra sillage but it is really not necessary. Also, the longevity on this is insane. you can still smell it rather strongly into the next day/until you shower.

Interestingly, I was frequently reminded of French Toast with this one. Is anyone else getting that?
11-05-2017 11:42 AM
Snoopyace
The Love God

Rep Post

11-05-2017 11:57 AM

(11-05-2017 11:42 AM)BarefootOxford Wrote:  Interestingly, I was frequently reminded of French Toast with this one. Is anyone else getting that?

I am gonna say yes because this reminds me a bit of UN from LPMP and my bride calls that my sexy maple syrup cologne.

“Funny guys are dangerous. They’ll make you laugh, and laugh, and laugh then boom, you are naked.”

“Charm is the way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clearly defined question” - Oscar Wilde
(This post was last modified: 11-05-2017 11:58 AM by Snoopyace.)
11-05-2017 11:57 AM

Share This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Looking to try various colognes with Leather/Tobacco base Futureman 4 2,350 10-22-2015 7:35 AM
Last Post: Futureman