Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can we use LP fragrances to scent non LP products?
NuTrix
Enjoying the Journey

Sex: Often Please

Rep Post

Can we use LP fragrances to scent non LP products?
11-29-2012 10:18 AM

I feel like I'm cheating on Alpha Dream by asking this but I would like to know.

I've just ordered Exotique in Jasmine Nights (I went to Sephora and checked out Dior's Hypnotic Poison and it was a win) and have asked for samples of their other scents for future purchases BUT if I didn't find a fit and I went with unscented, could I use LP fragrance oils to scent the Alpha Dream products?

Does anyone know if they would mesh well together or if it would just be a really bad idea?

Thanks in advance.

Alpha Dream, please don't be upset with me for asking...I will ALWAYS love you no matter what! Yes

You're never too old to learn NuTrix! blowkiss
(This post was last modified: 11-29-2012 10:37 AM by NuTrix.)
11-29-2012 10:18 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
zerosix85
Schadenfreudegasm

Sex: Male

Rep Post

RE: Can we use LP fragrances to scent non LP products?
11-29-2012 6:26 PM

Of course you can! I prefer Unscented pheromones and I use Un for men, Bodice Ripper, North Pole, etc to cover them.

11-29-2012 6:26 PM
EveningWolf
Checking out the place

Sex: Male

Rep Post

RE: Can we use Love Potion fragrances to scent non Love Potion products?
11-29-2012 7:54 PM

I frequently use LP scents with AlDr (as AD is already used elsewhere) mixes. As some already come unscented, like Glace & Corpo, it works wonderfully. As I've noted elsewhere, I think some like Thane or Elementary go well with work-oriented mixes like Corpo., and like zerosix, I use others (NorthPole,BodiceRipper, etc) with various mixes (AlDr's as well as TrueLove, As3's special mixes, etc). I think you may be asking for more than that though....

If you are talking about more than choosing a cover & actually mixing the fragrance oils into the phero mixes, that I don't know about, though possibly Chris or Mara could advise you better
I frequently use LP scents with AlDr (as AD is already used elsewhere) mixes. As some already come unscented, like Glace & Corpo, it works wonderfully. As I've noted elsewhere, I think some like Thane or Elementary go well with work-oriented mixes like Corpo., and like zerosix, I use others (NorthPole,BodiceRipper, etc) with various mixes (AlDr's as well as TrueLove, As3's special mixes, etc). I think you may be asking for more than that though....

If you are talking about more than choosing a cover & actually mixing the fragrance oils into the phero mixes, that I don't know about, though possibly Chris or Mara could advise you better
(This post was last modified: 11-29-2012 7:54 PM by EveningWolf.)
11-29-2012 7:54 PM
NuTrix
Enjoying the Journey

Rep Post

11-30-2012 12:29 AM

(11-29-2012 6:26 PM)zerosix85 Wrote:  Of course you can! I prefer Unscented pheromones and I use Un for men, Bodice Ripper, North Pole, etc to cover them.

I totally get you here Smile I have Alfa Donna & Glace unscented and use LPs all the time under them. Have you ever added LP oils to any of your AD products?

(11-29-2012 7:54 PM)EveningWolf Wrote:  I think you may be asking for more than that though....

Ding!Ding!Ding! Yes, that's what I mean!

I didn't know if it would mingle with the silicon base or spoil or who knows?! I certainly wouldn't want to ruin either product. I'm fine with layering, I was just curious if there would be a shortcut in blending them together prior to application. Like I stated above, I have unscented Alfa D & Glace already and I'm tempted to try it but I just can't bring myself to do it...too chicken lol.

Thanks for the advice. I'll send out a couple emails and see what comes back Smile

11-30-2012 12:29 AM
halo0073

Sex: Female

Rep Post

11-30-2012 5:43 PM

Mara sells Lps in a silicone base. I don't know the exact ingredients in either vendor's formulas but I just wanted to throw that out there.
11-30-2012 5:43 PM

NuTrix
Enjoying the Journey

Rep Post

12-01-2012 1:30 AM

(11-30-2012 5:43 PM)halo0073 Wrote:  Mara sells Lps in a silicone base. I don't know the exact ingredients in either vendor's formulas but I just wanted to throw that out there.

I forgot all about that! I always get the DPG, lol. That may be a way to go. On another thread another member found this for me;

(05-22-2011 6:16 PM)Alpha Dream Wrote:  We have always used cyclomethicone in our products going back three years since we started.

As for the fixative, we use 3% dimethicone and find this works very well. Dimethicone is the silicone equivalant of DPG, as DPG will not mix with cyclomethicone.

25% alcohol, 72% cyclomethicone, and 3% dimethicone works very well, sprays easily, moisturizes the skin, and lasts a long time.

So I'm thinking definitely NO to mixing in LPs, at least DPG LPs. I did send a question to Mara about it but haven't heard back yet, but I think she's on Vacation or will be going soon, so I may not hear back from her for a bit - PLUS all the chaos of the holidays, I'm in no hurry, lol.

I didn't know if anyone else had tried.

Thanks Halo Heart

12-01-2012 1:30 AM
NuTrix
Enjoying the Journey

Rep Post

12-05-2012 1:12 AM

Mara was kind enough to respond to an email of inquiry.

The answer was that although silicone and oil will not blend, that fragrance could be added, but that the vessel would require shaking before each use and that they would not ruin each other.

Think I'll just layer, lol, but it's an option. If I try it, I'll post if it's more of a pain to remember to shake or just go ahead and payer Big Grin

12-05-2012 1:12 AM
Akelah
Serious Poster

Sex: Female

Rep Post

12-05-2012 7:10 AM

I've successfuly mixed Love Potion scents in oil with single molecules. It becomes perfect, just like any regular perfume.

I've also mixed it with Pheromonexs (non oil) unscented blends. I see no trouble but I always shake before application. PXS blends are so heavy in pheromones that I don't want to risk the only spray I do to be bad.

With Alfa Dreams I never tried. Both their regular base and the fast burn silicone base in which I have Glace seem so unique I feel that the oil in it would not mix at all. That and the fact that their scents are so good and sophisticated made my mind about not even trying.

On the other hand, I always shake my Alfa Dream blends before spraying, because they sometimes layer on their own, so if shaking before is the only downside its no big deal Smile

*** My journal at http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Akelah-s-jo...n=lastpost
(This post was last modified: 12-05-2012 9:31 AM by Akelah.)
12-05-2012 7:10 AM
NuTrix
Enjoying the Journey

Rep Post

12-05-2012 10:52 AM

Thanks Akelah!

If I attempt it, I will take a little of each and put them in a smaller bottle to try it. That way if it's a bust, it's only a bust with a little bit...too chicken to do a whole bottle Eek

Speaking of AD scents - I LOVE JASMINE NIGHTS. It's not offensive to hubby either (meaning no headaches) he's a big factor in my purchases.

I still have samples of the other scents to wear when I won't be around him but I gave them a trial run over the weekend (one each, dab on each shoulder and one on wrist) and in about an hour I got the "All I can smell is perfume!" from him. Which in his language means, it's too much and he's getting a headache. So I washed them off Cry I have most of my LPs in oils so it's possible that they were just too strong to him in the sil/alcohol spray but knowing him, he HATES perfume and LPs are the only ones he hasn't fussed about. Since there are a BAZILLION to choose from at LP I think I'll be all right scent wise LOL! But he didn't fuss the whole day I had on JN...didn't even crack the window in the car like he did when I tried out Hypnotic Poison! Laugh1 I think this officially makes us BOTH lovers of foodie type scents Sun bespectacled

12-05-2012 10:52 AM

Share This Thread