Hello There, Guest! Register

Or login with , or

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Poll: Can pheromone use cause relationship problems?
Yes.
Maybe.
No.
It's happened to me. (If you check yes, please consider sharing your story in a post.)
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can using artificial pheromones cause relationship problems?
Gone with the Wind
Pheromone Wraith

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 10
Thanks received:
27 thanks in 18 posts

Can using artificial pheromones cause relationship problems?
02-17-2010 9:06 AM

Using artificial pheromones is essentially putting out chemical "misinformation" on the state of one's chemistry. I wonder if it could cause problems if others act on this misinformation with the best of intent.

This thread is to discuss the possibilities for misunderstandings, and for the sharing of experiences that may benefit others.

An example of what I am thinking of. From:
Endocrinology of Social Relationships
Edited by Ellison and Gray
Harvard University Press, 2009

Ch 12 - Gray and Campbell - Human Male Testosterone, Pair Bonding, and Fatherhood

Quote:One of the primary patterns emerging from the North American data is that pair-bonding status served as a consistent predictor of variation in male testosterone levels. In all but one study where males were distinguished by their involvement (or not) in a long-term committed relationship, they displayed lower testosterone levels, compared with their unpaired counterparts.

What if a pair-bonded male artificially sends a high-testosterone signature that indicates he is not in an Long Term Relationship. Could this cause difficulty with his existing relationship? Or could a low testosterone individual looking for a Long Term Relationship, by masking his true signature, end up with short-term hookups that are emotionally damaging?

Similarly, could an individual looking for short-term hookups but sending out a signature more characteristic of someone appropriate for a pair bond, cause emotional damage to those with whom he interacts?

Gone with the Wind

<p align="center">Gate, gate, paragate, parasamgate. Bodhi svaha!</p>
02-17-2010 9:06 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Tisha
Inactive Account

Sex: Female

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 148
Thanks received:
195 thanks in 154 posts

RE: Can using artificial pheromones cause relationship problems?
02-17-2010 10:02 AM

Hi GW

Its a good question and I voted maybe.

I have no scientific data to contribute but my opinion is .............................

I think if you have a natural chemistry going with your partner and you alter it slightly by using one mix or something not over the top it can enhance the relationship.

I think it becomes a problem when people go hog wild and start mixing and slapping on huge amounts of pheromones changing or altering that natural chemistry.

Do I think it can totally damage a relationship ? No, if pheromones were the only factor in attraction for humans then I would say yes but its not

GW Wrote:What if a pair-bonded male artificially sends a high-testosterone signature that indicates he is not in an Long Term Relationship. Could this cause difficulty with his existing relationship? Or could a low testosterone individual looking for a Long Term Relationship, by masking his true signature, end up with short-term hookups that are emotionally damaging?

A high testosterone signature doesnt really indicate whether or not someone is already pair bonded. Many pair bonded males naturally have high testosterone signatures and it doesnt go down because your in a Long Term Relationship.

For low testosterone signatures I would say maybe. Your giving off a signature that is not your own and once you stop using mones and it returns to normal it could signal a change. Again since mones dont create the attraction but just enhance it by then hopefully you got your foot in the door and there are other factors contributing to the relationship.

As for emotional damage, I think thats a little extreme a term in all cases. We meet people everyday who give off different signatures and sometimes we mesh and sometimes we dont but its not emotionally damaging. Its part of life. Its like when you meet someone and your first impression is hey he is so great then you get to know him and he is a shit head. It can be disappointing but its not damaging.

Tisha
02-17-2010 10:02 AM
Snoopyace
Serious Poster

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 160
Thanks received:
137 thanks in 82 posts

02-17-2010 10:06 AM

I met a woman at a party while wearing MX115 and we hooked up the first night we met. We had mutual friends so we saw each other fairly often and she always commented how she couldn't resist me when I'd wear my 'sex cologne' (anything Akuto scented). We started dating and she actually banned me from wearing anything Akuto in public because she got so worked up (I was wearing A LOT of MX115/MX116).

I was thinking about ending the relationship because she became so controlling but decided to 'man up' and create some boundaries. I also went phero free a lot more often around her. She didn't like that I was asserting myself but the relationship continued with some drama but nothing too bad. After a while I started wearing A314 every time I'd see her (even in conjunction with other phero blends). That is where the problems really started. Within 2 weeks of me wearing A314, she started talking about moving in together and maybe getting married. Eek

I'd known this woman about 6 months at this point and felt like we'd just put a lot of the drama she kept adding into the relationship behind us when she springs it on me that she wants to move in. I was just starting to get comfortable in the relationship. I tried talking to her about taking it slow but it seemed like the A314 really cemented her desire to move in, get married, make babies, all within about 3 weeks of me starting to wear it. We ended up parting ways around Thanksgiving.

I realized just how powerful the phero blends I'd been working with really had been. The MX115 and especially MX116 really brought out the comfort levels and because she felt comfortable she felt she could act on her feelings (I really wish they'd bring back MX116 in a 30ml bottle) but the A314 really made for a strong bond that she wanted to act on immediately. Soooooo.... Pheromones helped me get the girl but Pheromones helped me to lose the girl. I knew once I got to know her that we were just too different personality wise but at least it was fun while it lasted. Blush

Do our experiences determine our beliefs or do our beliefs determine our experiences?
(This post was last modified: 02-17-2010 10:07 AM by Snoopyace.)
02-17-2010 10:06 AM
Thanks given by renny
Phya
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 28
Thanks received:
78 thanks in 54 posts

02-17-2010 3:18 PM

I think it could, but it depends on how important that particular element is to the other person. For example, let's say you're dating this girl and she's absolutely stunning. After a couple months, you find out that her beauty is in part due to make up and push up bras. If her beauty was the only thing keeping you around, you'd probably break off the relationship. But if there was more to it, you might be able to overlook the differences. That example feels a little incomplete though because it assumes that Pheromones can only improve you. Maybe a more realistic example would be how a girl's hairstyle can completely change her look. Some guys like curled hair styles, others like short styles, and others like long straight hair. Let's say you meet her with curly hair and she changes to straight hair one day. It's still her, but just a different vibe. Either way, I think I've made my point. Pheromones are only one aspect of a relationship, like physical attraction, personality attraction, etc..

If the pheromones are the only thing that brought you two together, then yeah, most likely removing/changing the pheromones in your relationship will end it. But with most relationships, I don't think that will happen.

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma... which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary."
-Steve Jobs
02-17-2010 3:18 PM
Rattlesnake
Serious Poster

Sex: Often Please

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1023
Thanks received:
600 thanks in 267 posts

02-18-2010 1:34 PM

Yea, when I first started using these Pheromones I was a little gung ho to say the least. Long story short, I was initially testing on a female friend, I did the one spray at a time thing. Worked well for one spray of turn up the heat. So being the genius that I was I thought I could multiply my results exponentially with many sprays............................awkward night to say the least.

It's an interesting question though, given the fact it's always best to rotate your mones to keep your signature fresh, has anyone every rotated and had a bad result with a different product on a girl/guy that usually responds well?

Aside from OD's, ghosting and sometimes coming across as a girl (too much damned TAH/TAL), I've never had a adverse reaction (not one I didn't bring on myself anyway). At worst case it's been no effect.
02-18-2010 1:34 PM

Snoopyace
Serious Poster

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 160
Thanks received:
137 thanks in 82 posts

02-18-2010 9:17 PM

(02-18-2010 1:34 PM)Rattlesnake Wrote:  Yea, when I first started using these Pheromones I was a little gung ho to say the least. Long story short, I was initially testing on a female friend, I did the one spray at a time thing. Worked well for one spray of turn up the heat. So being the genius that I was I thought I could multiply my results exponentially with many sprays............................awkward night to say the least.

It's an interesting question though, given the fact it's always best to rotate your mones to keep your signature fresh, has anyone every rotated and had a bad result with a different product on a girl/guy that usually responds well?

Aside from OD's, ghosting and sometimes coming across as a girl (too much damned TAH/TAL), I've never had a adverse reaction (not one I didn't bring on myself anyway). At worst case it's been no effect.

I have a friend who for whatever reason doesn't seem to like heavy Androsterone signatures. Whenever I wear A314 or even Instant Gentleman around her she always keeps a distance and isn't nearly as cheerful and bubbly as normal. I actually asked her what was wrong one day and she couldn't put her finger on it. Something about me seemed so serious and she just couldn't relax around me. I try not to knowingly wear anything with too much androsterone around her.

Do our experiences determine our beliefs or do our beliefs determine our experiences?
02-18-2010 9:17 PM
esmeralda
The Phero Faerie

Sex: Female

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 136
Thanks received:
71 thanks in 52 posts

02-20-2010 2:16 PM

I voted for "No" but I really think that it depends on how and what kind of pheromones you use.

I find that when you use subtle/mild Pheromones everyday it just adds a tinge of spice to your natural signature which is nice. Imo, I don't think this will cause any problems in a relationship.

However, if you're using a sexual pheromone for attraction or center of attention like everyday - I could see a possibility of a problem foreshadowing in a relationship depending on the person you're with.
02-20-2010 2:16 PM
Gegogi
Yikes! Cupcakes 'n Bondage

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 26
Thanks received:
83 thanks in 45 posts

03-03-2010 3:37 AM

I've worn just about everything in front of my woman and she doesn't even flinch. Not a yay, nay or blah, with or without mones. I rotate moan signatures and nuttin'. I'm amazed moans work so well outside the house. The lone exception is Androstadienone . During PMS time it helps calms her, reducing moodiness. I have to say she has me pegged and dipping me in moans has no effect whatsoever. I'm not saying there isn't an underlying biological reaction buried somewhere in her limbic brain, but whatever it is gets filtered out and results in little or no behavior changes.

Ah don't wanna pickle...just wanna ride mah motosickle! Twisted
03-03-2010 3:37 AM

Share This Thread