Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Bob Hughes interviews James V. Kohl
jvkohl
Expert

Sex: Male

Thanks Given: 34
Thanks received:
493 thanks in 201 posts

RE: Bob Hughes interviews James V. Kohl
11-15-2011 11:37 AM

(11-15-2011 7:42 AM)halo0073 Wrote:  Terrific interview. I passed it on to one of my friends who is a big fan of yours James.

Thanks, it's always nice to hear I have fans. I'm currently doing battle on the with some antagonists who don't understand enough about biology to integrate Science and Creation as I did in my book chapter

The biggest problem there is the unwillingness to learn anything about what most people here already know about the sense of smell. All of the discussants seem to otherwise be of normal intelligence. But they have no clear concept of the central role that olfactory/pheromonal input plays in the development of behavior.

They would rather argue that color vision is more important to food choice than is the food's chemical appeal. Then they extend that argument to one for color vision being more important to sexual preferences than are chemical cues/social odors/pheromones.

We then discuss non-existent "mental modules" for perception of cues important to individual survival (e.g., nutrition) and species survival (e.g., sexual reproduction) as if olfactory/pheromonal cues could simply be dismissed in humans, because we are so intelligent. The intelligence is not demonstrated by many of the discussants who think visual cues and mental modules are more important to human behavior than are olfactory/pheromonal cues.

James V. Kohl
Clinical Laboratory Scientist (ASCLS)
Medical Laboratory Scientist (ASCP)
Medical Technologist (AMT)
Author/Creator: The Scent of Eros
11-15-2011 11:37 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Thanks given by idontknow

Share This Thread