Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Blank Slate - Cleaning off old mones
Cornfed
Contributes Regularly

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 34
Thanks received:
157 thanks in 89 posts

Blank Slate - Cleaning off old mones
06-03-2015 2:57 PM

For me, it's become an important part of my testing process to be able to remove build-up, reset from OD, switch quickly between sexual/comfort mones, or achieve a fresh starting point from which to test something new. I figured I'd share my cleaning regimen for the critique of more advanced users and the benefit of new users. If you're going to be adding pheromones to yourself, it's important to also consider how you're going to get them back off, lest you be discouraged by inconsistent and/or non-results. It's very hard to completely remove mones, and sometimes it really just boils down to good old-fashioned scrubbing. Scent-removal products are geared toward killing the bacteria that chow on the mones on your skin.

[Image: 1433363580-wp_20150603_15_14_11_pro.jpg]

1.) Scent A-Way Laundry Detergent - A decent scent removal laundry detergent is an important thing to remember. Have you heard that some mones can stay on your clothing for weeks? I'm not sure if this is overkill, any laundry detergent may very well do the trick, but I figure, why take chances?

2.) Scent A-Way Shampoo & Conditioner - I think the conditioner is nothing more than an unscented conditioner, but it's a package deal. The shampoo is good stuff, though, if you're like me and enjoy a spritz or two of mones on the hair. Hair is great for diffusing scents quickly, but also very good at holding onto old mones.

3.) A spray bottle of a home mone-removal mixture. Usually something I do pre-shower. Spray down all my mone app points with this, sans hair because it contains peroxide which will bleach your hair. There are a good number of recipes around, and I keep it simple at 3% peroxide. Others will go as low as 1.5% but generally you can get 6% at the drug store and add distilled water to it. thundr listed a recipe that includes borax. Other hunting sites I've been to recommend baking soda (careful mixing it with peroxide, it reacts!) and a dash of unscented hand soap or shampoo.

4.) Grandpa's Refreshing Witch Hazel Bar Soap - A lot of people recommend witch hazel soaps in the removal of mones, I'm just fond of this one in particular. It's easy to find at your local natural foods store, or anywhere that hippies hang out. I don't know how well it works for mone removal, but witch hazel is an excellent restorative for your skin that helps hold in moisture and clear up blemishes. I'm listing these in the order they appear in my picture, but this is the last one I use to prep my skin for more mones.

5.) Primos Control Freak Bar Soap - This is one of the top rated scent removal soaps geared at hunters. It contains a trace of colloidal silver for it's antimicrobial properties which is why I personally prefer it. In testing Primos Silver products came in a close second to Scent A-Way original in hunting scenarios.

There you have it. Please feel free to critique or to add anything I may have missed out on. Most hunting scent removers can be found in the archery section of sporting goods stores. Happy hunting!

Also, a shout out to kimosabe for touching on it in his thread here. In retrospect, if there's going to be any further discussion on the issue, it ought to be in its own thread, which is why I started this one. I know there was another thread a couple years older about, but I don't want to necropost. As a disclaimer, I'm not the author of any information here, this is all information I have come by in other threads, both on this forum and off. So a special thanks to the veterans who have helped me come this far so quickly!

Collection
Pheromone XS: Evolve, Cohesion oil
Pheromone XS Samples: Bliss, Ascend spray, SOB, Vibes, Cohesion spray, Ascend oil
Liquid Alchemy: Nude Alpha
Pheromone Treasures: Escape the Friendzone, Grail of Affection, Androstadienone oil
Androtics: Ammo, Turn Up The Heat
Alpha Dream: Glace
Love Potion: #9, Merlin's Blend, Homme, Excalibur, Teddy Man 2, Elementary Chapter 5, TMI, Super for Men II, Pashazade, Voracious
Love Scent: New New Pheromone Additive
(This post was last modified: 06-03-2015 3:43 PM by Cornfed.)
06-03-2015 2:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Thanks given by SeekingSuccess, moe

Ekscentra

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1986
Thanks received:
2348 thanks in 1323 posts

RE: Blank Slate - Cleaning off old mones
06-07-2015 6:32 PM

Or you could just use Witch Hazel (not necessarily a bar containing it - I prefer Thayer's) - that's about all you'll ever need for removing mones. That and some good soap - I just use birch tar soap, though that Hunter's soap KIMBA and thundr raved about a couple years back looks interesting. Actually, the last soap you listed appears to be fairly similar - that one looks the most solid of them all. #3 looks interesting, but I can't comment on its efficacy without having used it. #1 and 2 look interesting as well in fact, although I'd have no use for them myself.
(This post was last modified: 06-07-2015 6:36 PM by Ekscentra.)
06-07-2015 6:32 PM
Cornfed
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 34
Thanks received:
157 thanks in 89 posts

06-07-2015 7:02 PM

Thanks for the input. I could be wrong, but I think the soap they were going on about was from Scent A-Way. I went to four hunting stores in one day looking for it and most places only had one or two Scent A-Way products, and none of them had the soap. One of the hunting sites I was on had a graph comparing different hunting products to how close deer would approach before getting spooked, and Scent A-Way was number one, but the Primos Silver was a close second. When I saw it had colloidal silver in it, I figured it'd be a great shot. Now I use it to clean my pits and other stinky bits even on days when I'm not trying to wash of mones and it prevents BO for the next 24-ish hours, and even then it's not rank, just the sweet smell of my own mones. So I've been able to stop using harsh deodorants since I've been using it and let my own body chemistry do its thing.

I'm pretty sure the shampoo I contains the same ingredients as that fabled soap, though, and I always put Glace or Bliss in my hair no matter what else I might be wearing. So I'm sure it won't be necessary for anyone who isn't wearing mones in their hair.

The detergent I don't know if it's necessary. Probably any unfragranced detergent would work for hunting, and probably any detergent would work for mone removal. I was reading recently that detergent isn't even needed at all for basic cleaning, it's the agitation that does the brunt of the cleaning in the wash. Like I said, I'm probably going overkill on this one.

That weak peroxide blend I included because the recipe he had with borax was included by thundr in the same thread where he was talking about the Scent A-Way. He also said at the time he had a special mone remover that he was including samples of with orders, but didn't divulge what it was.

Collection
Pheromone XS: Evolve, Cohesion oil
Pheromone XS Samples: Bliss, Ascend spray, SOB, Vibes, Cohesion spray, Ascend oil
Liquid Alchemy: Nude Alpha
Pheromone Treasures: Escape the Friendzone, Grail of Affection, Androstadienone oil
Androtics: Ammo, Turn Up The Heat
Alpha Dream: Glace
Love Potion: #9, Merlin's Blend, Homme, Excalibur, Teddy Man 2, Elementary Chapter 5, TMI, Super for Men II, Pashazade, Voracious
Love Scent: New New Pheromone Additive
06-07-2015 7:02 PM
kimosabe
Consciousness-Congruence

Sex: Often Please

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1276
Thanks received:
1476 thanks in 959 posts

06-07-2015 9:09 PM

(06-07-2015 6:32 PM)Ekscentra Wrote:  Or you could just use Witch Hazel (not necessarily a bar containing it - I prefer Thayer's) - that's about all you'll ever need for removing mones. That and some good soap - I just use birch tar soap, though that Hunter's soap KIMBA and thundr raved about a couple years back looks interesting. Actually, the last soap you listed appears to be fairly similar - that one looks the most solid of them all. #3 looks interesting, but I can't comment on its efficacy without having used it. #1 and 2 look interesting as well in fact, although I'd have no use for them myself.

I also use Thayer's witch hazel, unscented, and find that it is good for aged apps of mones. However, for relatively fresh apps, peroxide is needed first.

So these days I just do both regardless of fresh or aged app cuz I'm just too lazy a sumbitch like that to have two methods. Redface

Or am I? Spiteful

ME = Awesome
ME(Mones) = Awesome(Quicker)
ME = Awesome

Phero Tool Chest
Pheromone Treasures
Desi, Auraental, AT, CPT, THU, EFZ, GOA, AOA, TS*, Z69*
Apex Pheromones
Core, Titan, Core V2*
Liquid Alchemy Labs
Wolf, DP, A4A, OD*
PheromoneDiskont.com(closed)
AM
Love Scent
A314,Chikara, scented SOE, old NPA, W.A.G.G-N (all '09 - '10 vintage)
Vero Labs
LT ('09 vintage)

Key
used up & will re-purchase
*sample
^in shipment
not re-purchased/swapped
(This post was last modified: 06-07-2015 9:11 PM by kimosabe.)
06-07-2015 9:09 PM
Thanks given by Ekscentra
Ekscentra

Rep Post

Thanks received:

06-13-2015 3:02 PM

(06-07-2015 9:09 PM)kimosabe Wrote:  I also use Thayer's witch hazel, unscented, and find that it is good for aged apps of mones. However, for relatively fresh apps, peroxide is needed first.

So these days I just do both regardless of fresh or aged app cuz I'm just too lazy a sumbitch like that to have two methods. Redface

Or am I? Spiteful
It's true - yesterday I accidentally wiped off an application of A314 with Witch Hazel (I also use it as an aftershave). Everything else came off easily, but the A314 remained, being somewhat weaker than before. I didn't notice until later in the day, but luckily I was only wearing 2 drops of APi on top - no OD, just a few notches more intimidating than I'm used to with APi alone.
06-13-2015 3:02 PM

kimosabe
Consciousness-Congruence

Rep Post

Thanks received:
1476 thanks in 959 posts

06-13-2015 5:31 PM

Short off-topic deviation - how effective is witch hazel as an aftershave? I've never considered that application. Tell us more!

ME = Awesome
ME = Awesome

Phero Tool Chest
Pheromone Treasures
Apex Pheromones
Core, Titan, Core V2*
Liquid Alchemy Labs
Wolf, DP, A4A, OD*
AM
Love Scent
Vero Labs
LT ('09 vintage)

Key
*sample
^in shipment
not re-purchased/swapped
(This post was last modified: 06-13-2015 5:31 PM by kimosabe.)
06-13-2015 5:31 PM
Ekscentra

Rep Post

Thanks received:

06-13-2015 5:43 PM

(06-13-2015 5:31 PM)kimosabe Wrote:  Short off-topic deviation - how effective is witch hazel as an aftershave? I've never considered that application. Tell us more!

Witch Hazel + Aloe Vera? It's the only thing I use, personally. Simple, but highly effective. No razor burn, nothing. It's cool, refreshing, and it hasn't let me down yet. If you need something more in-depth, you might check out Badger and Blade. Others prefer a "proper" aftershave, whatever that's intended to mean, but this has been more than enough for me.
06-13-2015 5:43 PM
Thanks given by kimosabe
kimosabe
Consciousness-Congruence

Rep Post

Thanks received:
1476 thanks in 959 posts

06-13-2015 5:55 PM

I'll give my witch hazel a go after the next shave (only shave twice a week Big Grin ). Thanks for the heads-up!

ME = Awesome
ME = Awesome

Phero Tool Chest
Pheromone Treasures
Apex Pheromones
Core, Titan, Core V2*
Liquid Alchemy Labs
Wolf, DP, A4A, OD*
AM
Love Scent
Vero Labs
LT ('09 vintage)

Key
*sample
^in shipment
not re-purchased/swapped
06-13-2015 5:55 PM
kimosabe
Consciousness-Congruence

Rep Post

Thanks received:
1476 thanks in 959 posts

06-13-2015 9:22 PM

Quick update - I shaved today. It was a 2-day stubble, and if I forget to apply aftershave to my face, my skin would start feeling slightly irritated after 15-20 mins.

After shaving, I slapped on a generous amount of Thayer's unscented witch hazel with aloe vera. After 20 mins, my skin started feeling slightly irritated, and I had to resort to using aftershave. That was 5 mins ago, and the irritation has subsided.

Didn't work for me, but I do have sensitive skin. Daily shaving would result in razor burn no matter what type of blade or shaving cream used. Dry shaving my face is also out of the question, lest I suffer razor burn for the next 2 days.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled thread topic. Big Grin

ME = Awesome
ME = Awesome

Phero Tool Chest
Pheromone Treasures
Apex Pheromones
Core, Titan, Core V2*
Liquid Alchemy Labs
Wolf, DP, A4A, OD*
AM
Love Scent
Vero Labs
LT ('09 vintage)

Key
*sample
^in shipment
not re-purchased/swapped
06-13-2015 9:22 PM

Ekscentra

Rep Post

Thanks received:

06-26-2015 4:26 PM

(06-13-2015 9:22 PM)kimosabe Wrote:  Quick update - I shaved today. It was a 2-day stubble, and if I forget to apply aftershave to my face, my skin would start feeling slightly irritated after 15-20 mins.

After shaving, I slapped on a generous amount of Thayer's unscented witch hazel with aloe vera. After 20 mins, my skin started feeling slightly irritated, and I had to resort to using aftershave. That was 5 mins ago, and the irritation has subsided.

Didn't work for me, but I do have sensitive skin. Daily shaving would result in razor burn no matter what type of blade or shaving cream used. Dry shaving my face is also out of the question, lest I suffer razor burn for the next 2 days.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled thread topic. Big Grin

Interesting. I have sensitive skin as well, but I've never had problems with Witch Hazel and skin irritation. Others have. It could be the type of gel and blade I use, and the fact that I shave only once a week much of the time as opposed to once a day.

So do you think the irritation was due to the Witch Hazel itself or could it have been inadequate with preventing razor burn in your case? Assuming, that is, that the skin irritation was razor burn and not something else.
06-26-2015 4:26 PM

Share This Thread